BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my Besta yesterday :yess:
Had to go for the Vassbo, looks much better in person. The Tombo gives a wider view, obviously, but you can see the bulky hindges which really put me off.
They had 4 in stock so got the 2x2 cabinet and going back for two 3x1 when they get more doors in.

Awesome! Grats! Now, post some pics. ;)

Picked up my Besta yesterday :yess:
Had to go for the Vassbo, looks much better in person. The Tombo gives a wider view, obviously, but you can see the bulky hindges which really put me off.
They had 4 in stock so got the 2x2 cabinet and going back for two 3x1 when they get more doors in.

Good choice!! Did you go for dark or white look? I have seen both done remarkably well

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

W the dark setup you may want to explore DIY led options which should be cheaper but also has much brighter options

I don't have the latest version from ikea but my older 1st gen ikea dioders are weak maybe 40% of what I have now in 5050 RGB LEDs and there are brighter ones. But I think 3528? Are lessm light but man you can get 5m worth for $20!! Check pixelp's office thread!!
BUT these are a lot more work depending on how many segments you are cutting them in
Also ikea is great. Try them and then decide ;) can always return them.

I don't have the latest version from ikea but my older 1st gen ikea dioders are weak maybe 40% of what I have now in 5050 RGB LEDs and there are brighter ones. But I think 3528? Are lessm light but man you can get 5m worth for $20!! Check pixelp's office thread!!
BUT these are a lot more work depending on how many segments you are cutting them in
Also ikea is great. Try them and then decide ;) can always return them.

Thanks for the advice but I'm in the U.K.
Had a play with them instore and was impressed with the colour selection.
I think that is what Spidermonkey is using in the picture i posted to get the blue effect.

Thanks for the advice but I'm in the U.K.
Had a play with them instore and was impressed with the colour selection.
I think that is what Spidermonkey is using in the picture i posted to get the blue effect.

Actually the LEDs are not store bought but eBay and have free shipping. The only downfall tends to be since they are mostly from China and free shipping just have to be ready to wait a month :p Just keep it in mind ;).
That pictures is nice but shot in pitch dark and likely had longer exposure. I guess depends on your setup but lighting is almost the more important factor in display. With my 5050rgb I find it still wasn't bright enough and I had to use my batt operated led spot lights on top of my LED strips to make the display shine

do these bestas already come with doors? i currently use detolfs was thinking about switching, sorry a noob at this stuff. Also, anyone put hot toys in these or are they too big for them. thanks

After a couple of evenings work i've finally set up my Besta.
At first i was going to use all Vassbo door as i really like the framed look of the glass but i encountered a problem. I wanted to put my big heavy pieces on the bottom of the unit because I would worry about having them on the shelves. With me only having a small room I quickly realised that I wouldn't be able to see these pieces without getting down on my knees so I went and got three Tombo doors for the bottom.
I've never seen anyone mix the doors so was a bit concerned how it would turn out. Fortunately i'm very happy with the results...

SAM_0614_zpsba989312.jpg

SAM_0618_zpsb09e237a.jpg

SAM_0627_zps82376075.jpg

SAM_0636_zps4ff32afe.jpg

Back