BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget that in many cases, less is more. Dramatic lighting can make many displays really pop, so don't be concerned with flooding every shelf with light. I have both LED strip full illuminated shelves as well as some with very little light using combinations of pieces of LED strip and individual LEDs aimed like spot lights.

I have Vassbo doors. I think they look classy but some of the viewing area were blocked along the sides. But on the other hand, they hide my LED strips nicely. I've been thinking about switching to Tombo myself, can't really decide.

I know what you mean. With one you hide the lights but have restricted viewing and the other has full view but you will also see the lights.
Tough call.

Tombo has a cleaner and more modern look, though both are quite contemporary on Besta. If you like aluminum and steel highlights and accessories, go for Tombo. If you like a warmer feeling with predominantly wooden decor, go for Vassbo. Both are fine solutions. Tombo also reveals the cabinet's frame through the glass, while Vassbo hides it.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your opinions, still can't decide.

@Something Sexy, if you have two PF's on one shelf can you still get a good view through the Vassbo door?

I don't have both but I love the tombo doors, I could never see myself with the vasso it seem to hide what is inside too much for me...

I just wish they had a tombo that was twice as tall.

I use only white ikea furniture now, everything inside pops because I mostly have dark stuff and the aluminum border is barely noticable.

Been looking through pictures and i'm more confused as ever what to go for :panic:

bestadoor_zpsf03e7a2c.jpg

bestadoors_zpse7f33ea9.jpg

I feel the vassbo setup looks more museum grade as long as you have a museum style setup eg one large piece or two per shelf like in those pictures above. Tombo works better if you are filling your shelf with numerous smaller pieces

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

I feel the vassbo setup looks more museum grade as long as you have a museum style setup eg one large piece or two per shelf like in those pictures above. Tombo works better if you are filling your shelf with numerous smaller pieces

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Agree. I have both and prefer the Vassbo now. Very classy and clean looking.

Picked up my Besta yesterday :yess:
Had to go for the Vassbo, looks much better in person. The Tombo gives a wider view, obviously, but you can see the bulky hindges which really put me off.
They had 4 in stock so got the 2x2 cabinet and going back for two 3x1 when they get more doors in.

Back