BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_9175.jpg

IMG_9176.jpg

IMG_9178.jpg

IMG_9179.jpg

IMG_9180.jpg

IMG_9183.jpg

Could use some input on LED strip lighting.

I've heard that the current strip lights at IKEA are more 'bluish' than before. Is that true? Does anyone have the new ones and can comment on how they look?

Second, how do you connect them in the cabinet? Adhesive? What do you do with the wires?

Nothing would look more terrible than having a dark Besta with a bright white cord running along the front and side.

Just curious as to how you guys are doing it; I really need some lights.

Thanks for your help.

Could use some input on LED strip lighting.

I've heard that the current strip lights at IKEA are more 'bluish' than before. Is that true? Does anyone have the new ones and can comment on how they look?

Second, how do you connect them in the cabinet? Adhesive? What do you do with the wires?

Nothing would look more terrible than having a dark Besta with a bright white cord running along the front and side.

Just curious as to how you guys are doing it; I really need some lights.

Thanks for your help.

I got the colour changing Dioder and the white setting is nice and bright.

I drilled a hole in the top corner, wrapped the white wire in black electrical tape, then threaded the wire through the hole and used a cable clip to hold the wire up.
Can't see any wire at all.
Also depends on what doors you have. My Vassbo hide the fitting while with the Tombo you have to be a lot neater.

Good luck my friend :wink1:

I got the colour changing Dioder and the white setting is nice and bright.

I drilled a hole in the top corner, wrapped the white wire in black electrical tape, then threaded the wire through the hole and used a cable clip to hold the wire up.
Can't see any wire at all.
Also depends on what doors you have. My Vassbo hide the fitting while with the Tombo you have to be a lot neater.

Good luck my friend :wink1:

Thanks. I have the Tombo doors, so a lot more would show.

Anyone with Tombo have any tips? How did you do it?

Thanks guys!

My besta storage, if it can give ideas, I admit follow this thread dicussion, often to glean some ideas.

DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

Just got into Premium Formats recently! Looking at the dimensions for the shelves, are PFs like the Joker and Poison Ivy supposed to barely fit in them?

Lastly... which ones are the right Besta to buy? These or these?

Kinda hard to tell since everyone's seems different. Any advice?

Just got into Premium Formats recently! Looking at the dimensions for the shelves, are PFs like the Joker and Poison Ivy supposed to barely fit in them?

Lastly... which ones are the right Besta to buy? These or these?

Kinda hard to tell since everyone's seems different. Any advice?

Most PF's will fit, Joker and Poison Ivy will easily fit.
The choice depends on what you want. Either get the 2x2 or the 1x3 carcass you've linked then select the doors and colour you want.

Looking at picking up a two cubed besta unit to make a small display unit to replace my tv stand. When i wall mount my tv, my current tv stand will become useless as it can't be used to display Figures or statues on/in which is what i want.

So two of These tombo doors https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40103553/#/20103554

fit right onto this don't they? https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20102154/#/20102154

seeing as there is 2 shelves creating 3 spaces in each compartment, if i remove one and place the other shelf in the center it should give me 2 spaces with enough room for 12'' figures or if i chose remove both shelves for statues.? lol i kind of rambled on there.

You are correct my friend. The units have multiple holes for shelf positioning.
View the white unit and zoom in, you can clearly see the shelving options.

Last edited:
I am looking to get a couple of these when I make a trip to NJ this weekend. My questions are... Do these come unassembled in a box and do they make things that help raise them up off the floor bigger then wheels)? I see some of you seem to have the shelves placed up on another small base of some sort.. Is that something you can find in the ikea store??

Thanks in advance.

Back