BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for all your help. Thankfully in England we don't suffer from those natural disasters. With regards to the set up I'm thinking of getting the column brown bestas with glass doors it has 3 squares basically and would sit on carpet, with regards to legs it would just depend on whether that would make it more secure or not?

Unfortunately I can't screw anything into the walls as its not my house :( I'm mainly worried about our 5 month old Labrador who already weighs 20kg....

You might want to secure your statues to the Besta if they're tippy. Otherwise you should also probably avoid using legs on it. I always recommend wall fastening - a screw hole in a wall is easy to patch, consider it.

Thanks everyone for all your help. Thankfully in England we don't suffer from those natural disasters. With regards to the set up I'm thinking of getting the column brown bestas with glass doors it has 3 squares basically and would sit on carpet, with regards to legs it would just depend on whether that would make it more secure or not?

Unfortunately I can't screw anything into the walls as its not my house :( I'm mainly worried about our 5 month old Labrador who already weighs 20kg....

Nah, I have two kids that rival natural disasters and have had no problems with my Besta setup. They are pretty tall and I don't' use the wall anchors. I have unscrewed my front legs to lean it back a bit on my carpet but not real noticeable. Good luck!

Does anyone know how heavy the besta is? I only have 2 statues so far and I'm wondering if it was knocked is it pretty sturdy and already heavy or is there a chance it will fall over with only 2 statues in it. It won't have walks either side of it but it will have a wall behind it.

If you are putting the Vaasbo glass door on your Besta it will not be very stable. They are fine without doors, but once you put the glass door on it, the unit will start to tip forward just by opening the door, it becomes very front heavy.

Getting the 4 independent legs and making the front legs longer helps, but you really should find some way to secure it. Especially if you are putting a couple thousand dollars of statues in it.

Cool thanks guys yeah I will try out the leg trick. I am getting the glass doors so hopefully it's not too bad. I only had 2 statues ATM so maybe fill the bottom shelf with books for anchorage?

Annoyingly I can't fix it to the wall even if it may be easy and clean to do I just can't risk it as it's not my place.

Anyone want a 4 cube Besta, 2 cube vertical drop me a pm. Be quick or its going in the skip. Walnut finish with x6 glass doors. Uk.

Cool thanks guys yeah I will try out the leg trick. I am getting the glass doors so hopefully it's not too bad. I only had 2 statues ATM so maybe fill the bottom shelf with books for anchorage?

Annoyingly I can't fix it to the wall even if it may be easy and clean to do I just can't risk it as it's not my place.

Were in England are you bud ? I'm looking to get rid of my Besta with Vasbo doors

Were in England are you bud ? I'm looking to get rid of my Besta with Vasbo doors

Hey I live in hertfordshire but I'm currently staying in Essex and I've been told the original ones I was going to get are too big so I've decided to go for the ones listed below as they are the smallest. If I had my own place I would take you up on that offer.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20102154/

I'm wondering if I buy 2 of these

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40103553/#/20103554

Will they fit perfectly on the frame? I just don't want any gaps. Also is it a case of you can just stack them because I've seen some combinations of bestas and where they have the glass doors on them there are a few gaps I dont want that to happen.

Can anyone suggest a besta cube configuration for my collection? Should I put more than one statue per cube? Should I fill the whole wall with Bestas or should I get some tall and some short?
Heres what I got:
Aayla Secura PF
Captain Rex PF
Shaak Ti PF
Commander Shepard PF
Gamingheads Headcrab Zombie
Triforce Avenger Rifle
2x Triforce Predator Pistol
Triforce Paladin Pistol
Mass Effect Breather Helmet

Here's what I got coming:
Master Chief PF
Iron Man Mark VII Life size bust
Hot Toys Black Widow
12" Clone Veteran
Commander Cody PF
T800 Battle Damaged PF
Dark Horse Reaper Replica

Hey I live in hertfordshire but I'm currently staying in Essex and I've been told the original ones I was going to get are too big so I've decided to go for the ones listed below as they are the smallest. If I had my own place I would take you up on that offer.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20102154/

I'm wondering if I buy 2 of these

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40103553/#/20103554

Will they fit perfectly on the frame? I just don't want any gaps. Also is it a case of you can just stack them because I've seen some combinations of bestas and where they have the glass doors on them there are a few gaps I dont want that to happen.

I think the ones you have seen stacked are the double Besta bookcases and then multiples of them side buy side ( I think).
Here's a picture of what I have mate
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4860654#post4860654 about half down the page.
You could alway attach them together so they look like one large unit

Whoohoo Ikea has a discount for a few weeksin the netherlands. 15% of the price of besta combinations :)

My wife wants to go to Ikea upcoming saturday. Then i heard about the discount. My first reason to go haha.

Great! Too bad I haven't got the room for more cabinets right now. Let's hope the models you need are in stock. Now if they had a sale for lighting. :wink1:

Bestas almost done. thank you to everyone who contributed info to this thread. :wave

I know some people were unsure about Bestas with 1/6 scale figs so I hope this pic gives some visual help. for me they work just fine.

9ql11i.jpg

Back