BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to mention nailing in the back panel well. Over the years I've only found sway in IKEA furniture that wasn't put together very well or that has undergone some wear and tear and needed some refastening.

Not to mention nailing in the back panel well. Over the years I've only found sway in IKEA furniture that wasn't put together very well or that has undergone some wear and tear and needed some refastening.

The besta back slides in. you don't nail it.

You're right, I forgot all about that - it's the overhang of the top panel that allows mine to hang on he wall. ;) Doh, not sure how I could have forgotten that.

I love Bestas! So versatile they're taking over my home.
My son has some now...

kdjzao.jpg

That has to be the neatest room I have ever seen a childs room. Did you straighten up for that shot coll? My kids bedroom is not even identifiable as one. :lol

I had no doubt... No point in asking. Like does a bear **** in the woods when nobody's around??? :lol

Thanks to A LOT of useful information posted in this thread I decided to go with Bestas for my 1/6 collection. I just got them up and was able to set up one of the shelves. I was a bit worried as some said that 1/6 don't work in Bestas but I found that they work just fine.

here's a quick pic so that others can decide for themselves
ra9qqb.jpg

sorry for the crapy iphone pic.

Finally placed my order for the white BESTA.
2 tall/wide and 3 low/wide (plus accessories).
Should be set for life :monkey1 :wink1:
$1100!!! :horror :thud:
No more statues or Hot Toys for me :rotfl :slap

Thanks to A LOT of useful information posted in this thread I decided to go with Bestas for my 1/6 collection. I just got them up and was able to set up one of the shelves. I was a bit worried as some said that 1/6 don't work in Bestas but I found that they work just fine.

here's a quick pic so that others can decide for themselves
ra9qqb.jpg

sorry for the crapy iphone pic.

sweet display, is Cap listening to

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajmI1P3r1w4[/ame]

lol. looks like he is....actually, the pic was taken with my iphone and for some reason the top end of the picture stretched out the figures backwards. both Cap and Spidy aren't really that "leanin" That said, I have to admit that the outfit they tailored for cap restricts him so much that finding a good pose is a very difficult task.

Does anyone know how heavy the besta is? I only have 2 statues so far and I'm wondering if it was knocked is it pretty sturdy and already heavy or is there a chance it will fall over with only 2 statues in it. It won't have walks either side of it but it will have a wall behind it.

Does anyone know how heavy the besta is? I only have 2 statues so far and I'm wondering if it was knocked is it pretty sturdy and already heavy or is there a chance it will fall over with only 2 statues in it. It won't have walks either side of it but it will have a wall behind it.

It is pretty tough. An adult could knock it over if they tried hard enough but kids would have a very tough time. Even more so with the addition of the tempered glass doors. Overall a very sturdy unit.

What B said :lecture
Also as with all Ikea furniture they suggest, and supply fitting, to fix them to the wall.

I'm going back tomorrow, 3 times in a week :slap

It all depends on whether you are getting, size wise, and what flooring you have. I got the 75" tall one and used the 4" legs and set it up in a room with carpeting. When I jumped up and down next to it the soft carpeting caused it to move a bit. I went to my local hardware store and got a set of these [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-4162-15-Inch-Furniture-Antique/dp/B000FJP24U[/ame]

It took me 10 minutes to secure them to the studs and so far so good. I would recommend them if your situation is similar to mine...plus I live in Cali where earthquakes are somewhat common. hope this helps.

It all depends on whether you are getting, size wise, and what flooring you have. I got the 75" tall one and used the 4" legs and set it up in a room with carpeting. When I jumped up and down next to it the soft carpeting caused it to move a bit. I went to my local hardware store and got a set of these https://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-4162-15-Inch-Furniture-Antique/dp/B000FJP24U

It took me 10 minutes to secure them to the studs and so far so good. I would recommend them if your situation is similar to mine...plus I live in Cali where earthquakes are somewhat common. hope this helps.

:lol. Don't have to worry about earthquakes here. Tornados are a different story. Not much you can do when one of those rips the studs right out of wall.:lol

Back