BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that use black Bestas, due you find that your figures get lost in the colour, especially the darker ones? Currently tossing up whether to buy black to match other furniture or white because the figures should stand out more

Since this section is kind of new I thought we should have a topic on these awesome display cases. I will get it started with a couple of pictures of some of the mods I have done on the cases that are not your normal Besta configurations.
My 4 tall 4 wide unit for 1:1 busts
watermark.php

My modded single cube unit to fit Grievous PF with all sabers in.
watermark.php

Also a Besta Jagra that I am using for the efx X-Wing and MR Y-Wing
watermark.php

Also in the background you can see my modded GG Jabba case.

I will post pics later of my modded Scout and Speederbike PF Besta case.

I cant see any pics :monkey2

I think some of it depends on the lighting. I used to have dark shelving that with poor lighting made the figures blend in too much for my taste. I've seen plenty of pics on here of people with the black shelving and it looks just fine.

Stopped by Ikea on the way from work. Looks like Ikea is stopping production of the Multi-Colored Dioder Lights (both versions--the single lights and the LED strips). They placed a Last Chance tag on them...

Winded up buying one since I'm going to need another Besta (with a new life size Bust on the way) pretty soon. Just a heads up. Not sure if Ikea had done this in other stores....

I seen some in a besta when I was ikea last. I just bought my first besta the other day :yess: I went for white as it really shows the figures off. Especially the likes of my venom comiquette :)

Just got my first two bestas and the dioder lighting strips are enroute!

28cmyiq.jpg

That's my besta setup. Shame it's all still boxed. Need to wait until my room is finished :( Gonna be great someday :)

The white looks really nice. I went with the beech ones for the same reason. Dark shelves look nicer, but I think the lighter colors show off the figures better.

I also finally got some glass doors for mine. I just need some interior lighting now.

The shelves themselves look better in black, though white shows off the figures best (unless the figure itself would be all white :lol)

Hey Dave can I ask what you use to put the shelves up? Is it the same metal tab things that you use on the wooden shelves? And do you guys use the Besta legs?

Back