BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I've seen someone do it but I think it would make a great display. May I also suggest these glass shelves for your Besta since the Hot Toys figures would be light in weight.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30103474

If you ever decide to go with a light option, this will make it look classy :rock. Plus, you won't have to purchase as many lights because the wooden shelves would be blocking the light.

:goodpost:

I appreciate the tip. I was definitely looking at the glass shelves since I figured it would make them look nice.

Hulk PF fits inside a Besta fine. See Spidermonkey's collection photo below.

DSC02238.jpg

Easily THE finest collection display on these boards! Very well done spidermonkey. :clap

Thanks to the inspiration of everyone who posted, and their excellent collections. I have completed my besta setup. Now I'm working on finalizing the displays.

Thanks for all the education guys.

Plus, I noticed that not too many people have white bestas - so I figured I'd share a pic to help you guys visualize what white bestas look like.

IMG_1038.jpg

Nice!!! Works well with your collection, especially the darker units.
On anotehr note I do like the doors that have the frame as it helps to hide the lights making the display look even better

:borg:

Last edited:
Yes, yes, and yes.

And I forgot my fifth legs for my setup and had to wait to set them up initially. But you do need them.

Has anybody ever tried to put some type of lock on the Besta? I'm buying the glass doors to keep them closed but fear that my four and one year old will still manage to get in. :cuss

Has anyone tried setting a detolf on top of a single cube besta?

Also, I have to bump this question because I have a 2 year old and it's only a matter of time...

Has anybody ever tried to put some type of lock on the Besta? I'm buying the glass doors to keep them closed but fear that my four and one year old will still manage to get in. :cuss

I have often considered looking for those latches, the type with the two wheels on one side and the fat shaped metal part that fits between them to fasten my doors to the frames.

I've wanted to do this since I got the setup about two years ago, because the larger glass doors I have (I think they are Tombo) bow out slightly at the centers. While you almost cannot tell from the fronts, and they all bow the same so the setup looks fine, from the side you can see about a quarter inch of bow at the center. Checking just now it occurred to me that that would probably not be a perfect solution to my bow problem. It would only hold the door flush at the open side and not at the hinge side...

Oh well...

Was going to show a pic of my setup, but I see I deleted them awhile back. It is definitely time for an update to my "Show Your Shelves" thread. Everything is getting moved around this week, and I'm making a space in them for the impending Alien maquette, so maybe an update at the end of the week.

Hey guys,

Do you know if the Thing PF will fit inside a Besta?

Sure does, Spidermonkey's collection pictured below.

DSC03255.jpg

I have often considered looking for those latches, the type with the two wheels on one side and the fat shaped metal part that fits between them to fasten my doors to the frames.

I've wanted to do this since I got the setup about two years ago, because the larger glass doors I have (I think they are Tombo) bow out slightly at the centers. While you almost cannot tell from the fronts, and they all bow the same so the setup looks fine, from the side you can see about a quarter inch of bow at the center. Checking just now it occurred to me that that would probably not be a perfect solution to my bow problem. It would only hold the door flush at the open side and not at the hinge side...

Oh well...

Was going to show a pic of my setup, but I see I deleted them awhile back. It is definitely time for an update to my "Show Your Shelves" thread. Everything is getting moved around this week, and I'm making a space in them for the impending Alien maquette, so maybe an update at the end of the week.

Your collection update is well overdue! Your setup was what motivated me to pick up my own Bestas :rock

Back