BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what model bestas do people use and is there pics or a link i was leaning towards detolf but want to check all options

what model bestas do people use and is there pics or a link i was leaning towards detolf but want to check all options

Detolf will be your best affordable option. The Bestas are all wood whereas the Detolfs are mainly glass. However once you buy a Besta shelf (similar in size to the Detolf) you still need to pay out more for glass doors. For example Besta makes a shelf thats about 1 1/2 the width of a Detolf, if costs $105 ............. and again, you also need to buy glass doors too. Glass doors will double the price in the end.

Example of the shelf i'm talking about:

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40102129

Does anyone use, or are there any pictures of, the tall skinny 11 3/4 x 76" Tombo doors for their Bestas?

I think I remember reading that the aluminum frame running down the middle doesn't look the best but is it really that bad? I'm getting a little frustrated trying to figure out how to use all the shelves in my Besta with the only 3 avail Tombo door sizes...

I bought a set of them and I dont really care for them. I have some GG statues in them right now. I can take a picture sometime and post it. I will probably switch them out to something else eventually.

I have found that if you buy 5 of the 15" doors they fit perfectly on one of the 75" units. I plan to do that for some shorter stuff.

I'd love to see a pic of that as well. I'm having a similar issue. It'll cost me an exta 300 dollars to do the square doors and I'll have to rearrange everything and I'm not sure if it'll fit. But I don't want to be cheap and not be happy with it in the long run.

I bought a set of them and I dont really care for them. I have some GG statues in them right now. I can take a picture sometime and post it. I will probably switch them out to something else eventually.

I have found that if you buy 5 of the 15" doors they fit perfectly on one of the 75" units. I plan to do that for some shorter stuff.
Yes, please post a pic!

I've got some taller items and some shorter and I feel very limited... And am so wishing they made 18" doors and some smaller narrower ones too.

I gave up with the shelving struggle and picked up the tall doors. Don't love them but don't hate them either. They will seal the dust out well (#1 priority) and I can move the shelves as needed.

Am def gonna darken/weather the aluminum so it's not so glaring...

Besta2.jpg

Ya know- since everyone complains about it so loudly, I was expecting hell! :lol
But it wasn't that bad. I just took my time installing all of the hardware and then, by myself and with a step ladder, clicked the hinges into place. Now granted, I didn't have to line up 6 individual square doors, but one door was higher than another. I spent the effort getting it pretty dang close and now even I barely notice.

What I really like about them is not only the ability to adjust them up or down, but left/right and in & out as well, so I've got them fairly well sealed. And with it being so dang dusty here, I really am appreciating that. :rock

Does anyone have custom glass doors on there bestas? I only use the upper 2/3's and i dont like the options that Ikea has available. Im thinking of attaching my own. If anyone has pics i would love to see them.

I have a question about the Besta shelves. Could I fit 2 Premium Formats on each shelf together? I thought I could get in 12 maybe in one unit but I'm not sure as some PF's are bigger than others. I'm thinking of buying one soon.

I have a question about the Besta shelves. Could I fit 2 Premium Formats on each shelf together? I thought I could get in 12 maybe in one unit but I'm not sure as some PF's are bigger than others. I'm thinking of buying one soon.

Very doubtful, plus I wouldn't trust the weight.

Yes, you can. I have 9 PFs, 1 Comiquette and 1 Life-Size Bust in my Besta. Although it does depend on how big the PF is. If you have 12 PFs that are roughly 20-24", then it is doable.

Here's a quick pic I took.

Image046.jpg

Thanks Tuggernaut! I appreciate that. I saw someone posted what looked like some of the PF's but didn't have them all full with them, so I wasn't sure. I saw you had Hellboy and Leonidas, I happen to have them too (also Indy and Conan) and I thought Leonidas would have to be alone because of the width and angle of his spear and base. I see it can fit now.

I kinda need something that will hold most of my PF's because I just got in Vlad, Undying Carcass, and Mola Ram all within this week and I'm waiting to open them till I pick this Besta unit up. I know I probably can't actually get 12 in but if it's close, that would be good. I have the Patient Zero bust coming in November and I hope to put that on one shelf.

Last edited:
I have two PF's on each of mine as well, with the exception of the two shelves that hold three (Luke, Han, Leia and Frankenstein, Dracula, LAM). As for weight, the shelves are pretty thick, I think they'll hold just fine.

I recant my previous statement. For some reason when you said besta I was thinking detolf. I have a besta and have two in each section so yes it will work. :) sorry about that.

Thanks for the added info Something, I thought it looked pretty sturdy and even better than Billy's. Yeah, Detolf's I'd be very concerned with. I'm too nervous to put one on their glass shelves.

I always seemed to miss the Besta section in the store because it's tucked away. I've always seen it down in their warehouse but had no idea where it was. So, this last trip I was able to find them and I really liked the depth and sturdyness of the Besta's.

The depth on Bestas is great for PFs. And being able to add glass doors is a great bonus.

What glass doors go with these Bestas?

Can you have the class doors and still have the Iron Man 1:1 Bust fit inside?

I believe that it would.

There are only one type that is practical that is currently available and that is the TOMBO unless your store still has VEGBYs sitting around. Mine does not.

Back