BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My top shelf is (Jason)60cm high the second shelf (Joker) is 62cm high and the bottom shelf (Freddy) is 60cm high . If your stood up you can't see all of the jokers head but if you look directly through the centre piece of glass he is fully visible . Hope this helps bud

This is why I prefer the Tombo

Hi skorpio,

Dimensionally, the double Bestas are essentially just two single Bestas pressed together. So there won't be a problem with the Vassbo doors.

There are several examples of the white Bestas around here. I quite like them. Here are a few links to some posts that show them off:

ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE

Check post no 4 my friend.
I actually got an answer those doors are discontinued....:(

Check post no 4 my friend.
I actually got an answer those doors are discontinued....:(

Post #4 means the 4th post in THIS ENTIRE thread... Which is on page 1. You meant the 4th set of pictures and you should have quoted the original message.... Just a bit of forum etiquette.

Hey I am a noob here, but it ain't my first forum ...lol.

Post #4 means the 4th post in THIS ENTIRE thread... Which is on page 1. You meant the 4th set of pictures and you should have quoted the original message.... Just a bit of forum etiquette.

Hey I am a noob here, but it ain't my first forum ...lol.

Heh i wanted to say that this morning but had other things to do.

anyone using these? I was thinking of putting some lifesize busts on top and smaller stuff inside...

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69894549/

besta-storage-combination-with-doors__0130444_PE284813_S4.JPG

Or I may go with the cube system... haven't decided yet.

In the cube setups is there anything holding the cubes together or are they just seperate pieces all stacked?

They are not individual cubes, those are adjustable shelves. These are multiple ikea bestas standing next to each other.

Thanks guys makes sense now. I went on a shopping spree. I Decided to go with white to show off the darker statues. I've had black shelving for awhile and wanted something different.

Yep, me too. I love IKEA too much. Went this morning and picked up the double cabinet with the glass doors and the auto-sensor LED lighting. Not cheap at all, close to $700 after all was said and done. Assembled it all today npand the only thing on display is my Emma Frost bust. But she will be joined by many new friends very shortly. :yess:

I just can't seem to find the "lull" in collectables to invest in display cases. There's always a new statue to buy before a besta. :gah:

Yep, me too. I love IKEA too much. Went this morning and picked up the double cabinet with the glass doors and the auto-sensor LED lighting. Not cheap at all, close to $700 after all was said and done. Assembled it all today npand the only thing on display is my Emma Frost bust. But she will be joined by many new friends very shortly. :yess:

I got those same lights after finding the switch that lets you leave them on without opening the door lol.
How did you run the wires out of the unit?

Did you go with black or white?
I imagine Emma would look just fine in black shelves!

Last edited:
I got those same lights after finding the switch that lets you leave them on without opening the door lol.
How did you run the wires out of the unit?

Did you go with black or white?
I imagine Emma would look just fine in black shelves!

I went with the black cabinet because I felt it would look better at night and the lights would really make the pieces pop. The only thing I didn't like is that the wires for the lights doing come in black. That would have been perfect. I thought about many different solutions to make them less visible (paint the wires black, run them through a black tubing, etc.) but in the end, I just left them. I drilled holes in the back siding and fed the wires through there. I wish I took a picture of the back before I put the cabinet in place. I've got velcro that straps down the wires from the hole (so the wire is tight and doesn't hang all loose inside the compartment) and I've got all those battery packs secured to the middle post in the back.

Everything looks pretty sweet now. Problem will be when Batman PF arrives and it doesn't fit in the 23.5" compartment. I don't really want to adjust the shelving space.

Back