BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had custom cut glass quotes before and tempered glass ain't cheap and at that time it made more sense to just buy another Detold for the cost of just the shelves

:borg

Hey Guys , has anyone tried the white Bestas insted of the black. Do you think that white will put colour on the statues. Dark colours get dusty easier

Heres a picture of my Besta and Vassbo door that i picked up on Saturday

P1010016.jpg

1 x Besta (just put 2 shelves)
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40102129/?query=401.021.29
+
3 x Besta Tombo Glass Doors https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20103554/?query=201.035.54
+
3 x Inreda LED lights
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30180778/?query=INREDA+LED+light+strip
+
2 x Ansluta Intermediate connection cord
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40119926/
+
1 x Ansluta Power supply cord
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30121411/

1) Set up the Besta Unit. don't put any shelves in

2) Set up the bottom Tombo Door using the provided instructions. Then setup the top door (easy to figure out). This will make the middle door easier to setup.

3) Set up the 2 shelves spaced appropriately with the tombo doors

4) Make adjustement (horizontal / vertical) to Tombo doors if necessary

5) Setup the Inreda LED lights. Drill small holes in top left corner of backwall for each shelf that will be used and fish the cable through it snugly so it doesn't hang in the cabinet.

6) Glue the transformer in the back and use the intermediate cable to connect to the next transformer. Glue it to the back as well. Do it again for the last shelf and then plug in the power cord.

7) Secure the shelf to the wall, preferably into a stud

8) Clean shelf thoroughly and Tombo glass doors as well.

Makes an amazing combo. I got one last week. It wasn't cheap and It took awhile to put it all together but it's worth it. It adds some serious class to your statues and 1/4 scale figures.

Guys, reading this great thread and the valuable information you have provided FINALLY I have decided to buy 5 of the 23"W and 75"H Besta's tomorrow and I will be screwing them to each other to make them look like a one unit.

My real problem right now is the lighting cord, I have decided to take the strip LED lights but how can I hide the cord??

The only idea I have in mind is that I will run all the cords for each strip from the back corner to the bottom and I will make a hole in the base of each Besta and pass the wires thru and then I will plug them all to an extinsion, is it a good idea? Is there an enough space to pass the cords from behind the shelfs?
I will have ~20 LED strips on all the units, can I use one controler to switch all of them together?

Appreciate your help.

Just drill a small hole in the top left corner of the back for each shelf. Fish the cord through it. You can network as many of those Inreda LEDs as you want provided you are using the Ansluta intermediate cables. Do the connections in the back so you don't see the cables.

I have mine setup so when I flick a switch in my room, it lights it up.

By the way, I measured roughly 25" per shelf with the Besta. I think I can fit a 27" statue in the middle shelf if I lower it's shelf one notch and raise the one above one notch. This might permit me to store Skaar or Gandalf the Grey. I don't think it would be noticeable.

Will have to try it when I get my next Besta.

Thanks buddy :) . I added some magnets to the door as well to try and combat the dust .

Hello there. Just wandering if i buy the double Bestas , will the Vassbo doors ( 2 of them) fit ? Or will i need to buy 2 single Bestas and then, apply the Vassbo doors. Moreover , do u think that white Betas will look brighter., as dark colours tend to get dustier

Thanks buddy :) . I added some magnets to the door as well to try and combat the dust .

Forgot to ask . I know that Vassbo are cheper and all, but dont they cover more outside area than the Tombo glass doors? Thereafter putting a statue of lets say 63cm tall will it be visible enough. And last whats the height of each shelf (insight) if u divide Bestas by 3 like u did?
Thnks man

My top shelf is (Jason)60cm high the second shelf (Joker) is 62cm high and the bottom shelf (Freddy) is 60cm high . If your stood up you can't see all of the jokers head but if you look directly through the centre piece of glass he is fully visible . Hope this helps bud

Hello there. Just wandering if i buy the double Bestas , will the Vassbo doors ( 2 of them) fit ? Or will i need to buy 2 single Bestas and then, apply the Vassbo doors. Moreover , do u think that white Betas will look brighter., as dark colours tend to get dustier

You can buy the double Besta and fit two doors to it bud . Hmm I'm not really a fan of white I tend to find that it drowns out the statue but that's just my opinion bud.

here's what the white Besta's look like (ave4uevoli's photo)

IMG_1038.jpg

here's what the white Besta's look like (ave4uevoli's photo)

IMG_1038.jpg
:goodpost:

Thnks man. u have been very helpfull. My only worries is that SS is doing a lot PF's that are 63cm tall (Batman Pf) and am not sure they will fit. I think White looks good too. The thing with the dark brown Bestas u need to have the lights on so u can clearly see the statues. Please cporrect me if am wrong. Thnks again i really apprecciate

There is room to still drop the shelf another level you would just need to put a smaller PF underneath . You can see in the dark brown ones fine bud I'll try and get a picture in the day without the lights on

Hi skorpio,

Dimensionally, the double Bestas are essentially just two single Bestas pressed together. So there won't be a problem with the Vassbo doors.

There are several examples of the white Bestas around here. I quite like them. Here are a few links to some posts that show them off:

ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE

I see on post no 4 this guy uses glass doors on besta shelf that i dont think IKEA has them or am i wrong? I know Ikea has specific Glass doors but not the ones i see on the post

Back