BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there. I just bought my first single Besta in white. Concerning the back mirrors, how do u install them. Do u remove the back of the bestas white thin wood and insert the mirror, or u insert it above that. Do they give a better look and debth?
Thnks man

you leave the regular back in. The back mirror covers it but not all of it. There are still spots you can use to run wires out or secure to a wall.
The base mirror uses 2 way tape to stick to the shelf and holds the back mirror up.

I love my mirrors and glass doors. My buddy was over and was pointing out the details on the back of some statues that he never saw. I don't care how the pictures look honestly... it's about seeing them in person for me.

EDIT: I'm only only putting one piece on each shelf. If the shelf has alot of smaller pieces that could be a different story with the mirrors.

Actually mine is not the best example and ready to how at its current stage but there are as I said many great examples in this thread an the show off section an worth your time to go through. As for shelves. The mirror kit from ikea includes one that is full depth and one that is half depth so you don't even need risers if you were to create a second elevated row

Thnks 4 ur replies. If i use one inreda Led system (1) on the top shelf of the besta (on the three shelf 1.92cm height besta, that is), and instead of using the wood shelfs, add the glass shelfs ,will there be enough lighning , just by using one set of inredas, ?? Am tring to safe some money here.

I don't remember seeing anyone do that for bestas but plenty have done that in their detolfs so might want to check there. However I say spending money on glass shelves I rather you consider doing your own LEDs. Check the dioder alternative thread
Oh just remembered that one or two of the shelves for the tall besta uit is used to strengthen the structure so you can't just replace them all with glass

Last edited:
hey guys,

1) is this the panel that has the clear see through glass for the besta? It doesnt look to be clear glass in the photo?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40103553/#/20103554

2) i am thinking about redoing my entire living room and make it a wall of besta for more statue space, what do you guys think about this setup? to the right of this will be my existing pax display for the statues with deep base, and left is where tv will be.

Is white the preferred color?

bestaplan.jpg

hey guys,

1) is this the panel that has the clear see through glass for the besta? It doesnt look to be clear glass in the photo?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40103553/#/20103554

Yes, it doesn't look clear because there's actually a piece of board included so you can put a picture or whatever in between the board and the glass, like a frame. Just install without the board and you'll have the clear glass.

2) i am thinking about redoing my entire living room and make it a wall of besta for more statue space, what do you guys think about this setup? to the right of this will be my existing pax display for the statues with deep base, and left is where tv will be.

Is white the preferred color?

bestaplan.jpg

Nice set up. Colour is all personal preference but I think if you plan on installing lights, using a darker wood would work better. Also, the shorter shelves at the top would limit what you could display in there (unless you already have plans on what is going into each display).

i really cant decide whether to go white or black brown. All my furnitures are dark brown color but i am afriad if i put a wall of those shelves also in black brown it will make the room too dark/groomy.

Anyone got those besta in white with lighting? Can you post a few photos how it looks with lights on during the day and also at night.

I will admit, my brown Bestas are too dark, and suck a ton of detail out of the darker statues. I don't have lighting in mine either, so it is even darker. Still, I don't favor the white.

I have seen white bestas with dark frame doors somewhere and it looked good

You can see my shelves when I first put them in (pre dust) in this thread which sorely needs to be updated. Almost none of my collection is what is shown here. I'll get on an update during Christmas holiday...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42328&highlight=furystorm's+sanctum

where can i buy those doors? they look very good. None of the current doors for besta are good, the silver ones look super cheap and the wood ones frame takes up so much space.

I'm really loving my new white setup. I've had black for awhile and disliked it because I couldn't see anything. White reminds me of a sterile environment like the autodoc or the inside of a ship like the nostromo maybe.

I'm really loving my new white setup. I've had black for awhile and disliked it because I couldn't see anything. White reminds me of a sterile environment like the autodoc or the inside of a ship like the nostromo maybe.

Yea love the white set up too. I will be buying more bestas over Xmas time to complete my set up

If I had seen the white bestas early I would have done so as well but too late for me :(

Back