Best jabba ever ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Jabba is the Best for You?

• Attakus

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • GentleGiant

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Sideshow

Votes: 96 85.7%

• Total voters
What difference does it make what it's made of? I'd rather have something made of PVC that actually looks like the character than something made of porcelain that doesn't. Plus, it's a lot cheaper. I don't see the downside here.

I don't say 1/6 pvc figures has downsides as other material statues,I say only,that I don't like 1/6 pvc figures,just simple my friend.

Sideshow is the only one that actually LOOKS like the character. Sideshow wins.

My vote on Attakus Jabba,It's a huge piece and with other caracters made on attakus you can make a great extended diorama.

Got my Gentle Giant Jabba today. I'm actually very impressed, especially at the price I paid ($150). Sideshow's Jabba is better in terms of his likeness, but Gentle Giant's Jabba is not bad at all (he looks better in person than in pictures) and I like Gentle Giant's throne and accessories better than the Sideshow ones. The paint on the throne is a lot nicer in my opinion, while the Sideshow one looks a little plain. I like the fact that they have magnets imbedded at various places around the statue to hold the accessories on, and I like the jawa with his light-up eyes. By the way, Jabba's tongue is a separate piece that you can place in different positions or not use at all. He may actually look better without it.

I also got the Rebo Band, and it's nice to have them available in the same scale. I've entered the codes to get my free Bib Fortuna statue on the GG web site as well, so he's on his way.

I think there's room for both in my collection, but I'm not sure which I would choose if I could only have one. The Sideshow piece's size, while very impressive, also works against it because it's pretty hard to find a good place to display it.

gg_jabba1.jpg

gg_jabba2.jpg

gg_rebo_band.jpg

This isn't much of a contest. Sideshow's is not only the best Jabba, but still one of the best SW collectibles yet produced anywhere.

If my house were on fire and I could only save 1 collectible, I would actually take Jabba over my Maul 1:1, that's how much I love the Sideshow Jabba. And like the Salacious 1:1, it has the coolness of being made in cooperation with the original maker :rock

True, but something about the fatman :lol I can't explain it, something about fat creatures in movies when I was real young just stuck with me, Jabba and Stay Puft are like 2 of my all time favorites. That's also why I'm so behind the Sideshow Jabba, I've been a fan of the ROTJ Jabba design and character for 20 years, and have dealt with years of mediocre Jabba pieces out there, some closer than others to capturing his look, but all off in some regard, but Sideshow finally nailed all of it. Colors aren't dead on, but the application of them and the sculpting is and I'll always treasure him. Some guys around here will remember how nuts I went waiting for him to ship to me and all that, and then getting the stomach flu shortly after he arrived, horrible week, but having Jabba kept me going despite how much the sickness got to me, having that fat son of a ^^^^^ in my collection made it all better, just as breaking out my Kenner Jabba always did for me when I was sick as a kid. There's a lot of history for me behind all my Jabba collectibles, especially love from my parents, and even though I bought SSC Jabba, he has memories and he's a reminder of the others, Maul bust will never give me anything like that, he's not sentimental, he's just geekdom personified.

Back