Best Head Sculpt (Regardless of Paint Apps) Shipped in 2006

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Head Sculpt (Regardless of Paint Apps) Shipped in 2006?

• Luke Skywalker

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Anakin Skywalker

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Kit Fisto

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Darth Vader

• Han Solo

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Mace Windu

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Qui-Gon Jinn

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Darth Maul

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Bib Fortuna

• Total voters
I vote Maul. By far the best sculpt IMHO.
Close second for me is Qui Gon. Although Obi Wan is a great sculpt, it just doesn't look that much like Ewan. The hair looks wrong, cheeks are not as round, there's a lot of small details that prevent him from being second.

I have to say I'm surprised to see Luke in 3rd place, I loved it but I didn't notice too much favorable chat about his sculpt amidst the unhappiness with his lip expression. In my voting he'd have been 3rd.

I voted for Maul...hands down the best figure SS has ever made in my opinion. They really hit this one out of the park!!

Cheers,

brad

MaulFan said:
I have to say I'm surprised to see Luke in 3rd place, I loved it but I didn't notice too much favorable chat about his sculpt amidst the unhappiness with his lip expression. In my voting he'd have been 3rd.

I know I'm in the minority but I thought Luke's sculpt kicked butt. Yeah, the expression is off but that's the best Mark Hamill in toy form, period (IMHO). I am biased though, I'm OT all the way.

The only problem with Luke's headsculpt was the paint on the eyes that had that "I have no memory of my mother" look when he stares off into space.

dekadentdave said:
The only problem with Luke's headsculpt was the paint on the eyes that had that "I have no memory of my mother" look when he stares off into space.

Well that has no bearing on the sculpt quality that's a paint app issue.

True, but if you must know the reason why I didn't choose the Luke sculpt was because the headsculpt is too big in proportion to the body.

Back