Best Display Case For 1/6 figures??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are planning to display multiple figures from same theme, I would go with Besta from Ikea with glass insert for extra row at the back.

590fffc3432dc3313ef19b796183a842.jpg

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

I did not know that IKEA offers the glass inserts with the besta

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

If you are planning to display multiple figures from same theme, I would go with Besta from Ikea with glass insert for extra row at the back.

590fffc3432dc3313ef19b796183a842.jpg

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Really nice setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only problem I have with bestas is that you can only really view what's in them dead on. Everything is inside a closed box with small glass viewing window. If you're not standing directly in front, it's hard to really see/enjoy them. That's the main reason I go with detolf because it's all glass and you can see it from a lot of angles.

The only problem I have with bestas is that you can only really view what's in them dead on. Everything is inside a closed box with small glass viewing window. If you're not standing directly in front, it's hard to really see/enjoy them. That's the main reason I go with detolf because it's all glass and you can see it from a lot of angles.

Is there a larger Detolf? I like the glass, but wish it were bigger to hold more figures together.

I like more space than a Detolf can provide. Also, living in Japan doesn't make having display cases made entirely out of glass a good idea. I use Jajan-Craft cases for my figures. The shelves are adjustable which allows for larger figures (Hulk, for example) to pose upright. A glass panel insert can be purchased and attached to the back of the inner shelf to allow for better viewing of figures, too. The glass doors come with locking mechanisms to prevent children from gaining access.

I currently own two and will need to order a third fairly soon. With the 39cm deep case, you can fit 1/6 figures 3 deep which definitely helps for displaying figure lines.

I highly doubt if they ship outside Japan and even if they did, the price for shipping may be cost prohibitive. But, it's a great shelf for figures and worth looking into. The link below is for the illuminated case since that seems to be the style in demand.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2PATS2UUUGOER

I love that case!! I don't know if I can get it here in the US. Looks great though. I'll look into it though. Does anyone know if there are any display cases like this here in the US?

I love that case!! I don't know if I can get it here in the US. Looks great though. I'll look into it though. Does anyone know if there are any display cases like this here in the US?

Maybe ask around and get a carpenter to make one? Go to a glass shop and have them cut the dimensions you need to make what you want?

Another alternative is, depending on your skills (and appetite for cost), look up aluminium extrusions on the interwebs, and you can design and build your own. Most places that do that sort of thing will cut and even engineer them for you (ie drill holes for t-bolts and fasteners etc. Such as https://www.modularcomponents.com.au/building-blocks/

You can even find places that will powdercoat or anodise the parts for you.

Planning out a large shelf for my MR falcon and a couple of larger SS SW models that just don't fit in a "standard" display case.

Back