BEST DECKARD FIGURE EVER thanx to kind eBayers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great man, I'm not brave enough to tackle that one so I'm awaiting the repaint from DA. But yours turned out great, shows off what a good sculpt is underneath that terrible factory paint.

Guys, Im sorry to post this here but I am DESPERATE for a good condition Android Hunter Roy Batty. Doesn't someone have one to sell???
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE:naughty:naughty:naughty

Looks great, abake!

Minigt - Good luck, there's been alot of interest in the Roy figures lately. I've been looking to pick up another for customizing myself.

Hi guys,

I have been sculpting my own Deckard face and came accross this forum (Thread ) while looking for references. There are some great talents here so I thought I would request some advice on were to go from here in regards to my sculpt.

It is my first scult, and the paint job is simply to have an even colour over the surface.
IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

Any suggestions on were I need to work on it would be appreciated.

regards

ozzy

Wow Ozzy! that looks really good! Welcome to the board!

I like the expression and I recognize that Ford expression. That was a good choice to go for. Not sure if it's the angle of the photo, but it appears that one side of his face may be what's throwing it off some, the other side iss dead-on.

Can you get a profile shot of his other side? That might help in giving you some pointers. I'm seriously impressed with this sculpt, you have talent.

(BTW- There's a "custom" section here as well that you should check out, lots of sculptors there who will be able to help)

Welcome! Great first sculpt. I can defiantly see Ford in it. Can't wait to see your revised version.

Thank you for your welcomes and your responces guys.

I took a few more photos side on and front, with what has been said in mind.

I never noticed how diferent things look when you photograph them. It was also suggested that I look at the head in a mirror, as when you look at something for so long, it registers in your brain to be correct/or what you expect to see. To my supprise "die" was dead on, the left side is much different from the right.

I was hoping to get that little sniger Ford has, but it seems all I did was make his left side look puffy compared to his right. I am not sure how to fix that!

The ears are very bad I know, LOL, I have not realy worked on them at all since carving them out. I am sort of learning as I go with this one.

I have been looking through the forums here and have found some outstanding stuff, I wish i had found this place earlier.

Any imput on how to takle the left side to conform more to the right would be appreciated, fresh eyes can see what i can not.

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

Thanks in advance

Ozzy

That looks pretty nice, ozzy! Work on those ears & the hair some, and it should be a really good sculpt. Some of the talented sculptors in the customs section could probably give you more useful feedback than I can.

I was hoping to get that little sniger Ford has, but it seems all I did was make his left side look puffy compared to his right. I am not sure how to fix that!

From the photos it looks like that eye might be sitting a bit higher & the cheek is a bit raised, does it look that way in person? That side of his face did get hammered on in Blade Runner though, sculpt on a few of the abrasions & it would probably not even be noticable.

I really like that sculpt though, it's very cool. Are you planning on offering any castings of it?

Hi Die, I have not moved my pics to the custom section, its a little intimidating over there with all those scultpers. I will post my second try at sculpting when this is finished.

I took your advice and reworked the hair, along with the ears. I then tried to match the right side with the left. I used what you said about the movie were he gets a bit of a beeting, and used the raised areas on the left to simulate the swelling and brusing. I dont think I can do much better, so I have painted it up a bit (Not finished) to see how it looked.

I am happy with it, so I will not play with the sculpting anymore, only the painting.

So a question if I may!, do the painters here paint the shadow areas, re: eyes mouth cheaks, etc. or just one colour?

Any advice is apreciated.

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

Regards

PS: Thanks die for your advice so far, it has helped greatly.

Ozzy

Thank you for the compliment abake :)

The shoes are from Sideshows Oz figure from Buffy and the belt is from CRM.

The shirt hasnt got the best fit, but I tried this one and was not in the mood to switch the other one back on.

Hope this helps

Wow amarcord, just wow! I like the Oz shoes, and I too had those in mind for my (your ex) Deckard! Currently I'm trying hard to find a descent shirt and tie, as the originals look very bad IMO. I have my hopes on Blindvoyeur in regards to this. He's working on a custom, and so far it looks outstanding.
Shoes, I might buy the HT US SECRET SERVICE w/P90 Combat Boots from ebay, as they look very sophisticated and I think they will work fine. My Deckard wears the HT Clark Kent suit (thanks to Morbo - formerly Rincewind), and that rocks. Looks better that the CRM. And one day, I hope to get a Spencer head for the figure. Don't know if he still sells. There, that would be my ideal Blade Runner.

I only don't know where to get the gun from...

I forgot about this thread!

This should be some type of official thread for Blade Runner, there's some useful stuff in here.

With Ryan's Blade Runner works coming out, there's going to be a ton of great customs to share.

Back