Arcane (League of Legends) | Netflix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisstbh

Thrawnald McDonald
Reaction score
Has anyone else watched this? If not I’d definitely recommend it.

I haven’t even played League of Legends and have no intention to do so but I found myself loving this show. It’s pretty accessible as it’s essentially an origin story for all of the characters and an introduction to the world.

The characters, the writing, soundtrack and the animation/art style are all stellar.

Has anyone else watched this? If not I’d definitely recommend it.

I haven’t even played League of Legends and have no intention to do so but I found myself loving this show. It’s pretty accessible as it’s essentially an origin story for all of the characters and an introduction to the world.

The characters, the writing, soundtrack and the animation/art style are all stellar.
R.gif
Just watched the trailer on youtube. seems a good one

I "played" LoL about 10 times back when it launched and it was all the rage. I never much cared about it. I only still remember very few characters from it. The Blietzkrieg robot, the werewolf, the grey/blue mage from the trailer, some "Timmo" critter or something, Katarina, a guy who shouted "FOR DEMACIA" and my favourite, Miss Fortune

miss-fortune-league-of-legends-w6.jpg

That was the extent of my familiarity with the brand. All that said, the trailers intrigued me, especially the animation, so I gave it a watch. And honestly, I'm glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The themes aren't anything new, and the world is too 2010s for my taste (steampunk is best left forgotten...) however the actual work that went into it, and the fact that it was genuine instead of another ironic quipfest was a nice change of pace. I'll certainly tune in for S2. The animation and aesthetics alone warrant it.

I'll also say that I replayed the Sting song more times than I'd like to admit...

david-tennant-cry.gif

Last edited:
I did the same. I was faintly familiar with the game, but the animation quality intrigued me. Ended up loving the series and found it easily accessible. I would definitely recommend.

Yeah I went in totally blind and I’m glad that I did. All I knew was that it was based on the game

I did the same. I was faintly familiar with the game, but the animation quality intrigued me. Ended up loving the series and found it easily accessible. I would definitely recommend.

I also watched it and it's a great series! I'm not an avid video game player and knew little of LoL, but this was fun to watch. I haven't found any figures of it so far (save for a statue).

I watched it last year. Saw some recommendations pop up here and there so I gave it a go. I absolutely loved it! The animation was beautiful, the story was great and I loved the characters. They felt more real than a lot of stuff we see in live-action. They weren't perfect and made mistakes. Some of which had devastating consequenses.

There is a season 2 in the works as far as I know. I really hope it will be at least as good as the first one.

I watched it last year. Saw some recommendations pop up here and there so I gave it a go. I absolutely loved it! The animation was beautiful, the story was great and I loved the characters. They felt more real than a lot of stuff we see in live-action. They weren't perfect and made mistakes. Some of which had devastating consequenses.

There is a season 2 in the works as far as I know. I really hope it will be at least as good as the first one.
Yeah in a lot of shows/movies characters will fail/make mistakes and it always ends up fine, but here peoples lives are ruined and the characters undergo drastic changes.

Yeah in a lot of shows/movies characters will fail/make mistakes and it always ends up fine, but here peoples lives are ruined and the characters undergo drastic changes.
Exactly. That was what made it real.

Powder, who just wanted to help and be respected by her friends, literally gets two of them killed. I did not see that coming. Vi abandoning her sister on the most crucial moment, because she's in shock of what just happened and not thinking straight at that moment...

That was really powerful stuff that I absolutely did not see coming. Right then and there it became a whole different show. At that point it became something that wasn't afraid to show consequenses, ruined lives and changes to characters. At that point I knew this truly was something special.

I think I'm going to give it a rewatch soon.

Exactly. That was what made it real.

Powder, who just wanted to help and be respected by her friends, literally gets two of them killed. I did not see that coming. Vi abandoning her sister on the most crucial moment, because she's in shock of what just happened and not thinking straight at that moment...

That was really powerful stuff that I absolutely did not see coming. Right then and there it became a whole different show. At that point it became something that wasn't afraid to show consequenses, ruined lives and changes to characters. At that point I knew this truly was something special.

I think I'm going to give it a rewatch soon.

Much agreed! That's a great aspect of the show, the weight of the characters' actions is devastating in the show, sometimes even brutal too.

Very good show and the animation is top notch . Probably the best animation I e seen in awhile

Yeah the animation is terrific! They almost look like oil paintings come to life.

I can't believe it took this long to see a thread about this show here. I watched it a while back and thought it the best animated dramatic series I've ever seen, by a country mile.

Never played the game, never watched the music vids, just popped up in my recommends and I gave it a go. Brilliant TV in every respect, can't wait for the next season.

Last edited:
This is another thing I didn't know anything about until recently.

I saw Arcane recommended somewhere the other day, and I was in the mood for another animated series after the extremely rare incidence of me being captivated by an anime (Heavenly Delusion).

I've only watched the first nine minutes but already love the artwork and animation. I'm impressed by the details, and the physics, as with the balcony railing that moves slightly when the characters land on it.

The episodes are as long as in a live action series too. It looks as though it's going to be pretty immersive.

Has anyone else watched this?

Groundbreaking.

It's unfortunate mainstream American audiences are simply resistant to dramatic "hard" anime. This show's writing could easily hold it's own against many other "prestige" TV series.

Can you imagine if Final Fantasy The Spirits Within was this well written over 20 years ago? Good God, the entire way "mainstream" animated films would have be handled and seen would have changed the entire industry.

Back