Best Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the HT Dx02 might be the ultimate Dark Knight movie piece, but I think the iconic Batman comic piece has yet to be done.

Although the DCD 1/4 scale statue is mighty fine (I am a bit biased though :) )...

this is the greatest Batman statue ever made IMO..

13749-550x-4497_a_full.jpg

:lecture :lecture

Glad I decided to hang on to mine. Nearly sold it a while back when I was strapped for cash.

>

IMG_5005.jpg

and speaking of Batman statues, this WB Maquette is truly a grail... anyone selling theirs? :D so hard to find one with its original box and w/o any chips or paint cracks.

Hey i have that WB Batman maquette, first statue i ever bought, damn shame those WB stores shut down!!!

^^^ Once you see it in person it's not nearly as impressive. It has skinny little legs that come to almost a point at the shins, very funky looking. It's no accident that every promo shot you see covers up those legs.

^^^ Once you see it in person it's not nearly as impressive. It has skinny little legs that come to almost a point at the shins, very funky looking. It's no accident that every promo shot you see covers up those legs.

Same here, every time I've seen that statue in person, it's far from impressive.

I used to love Ross' work and THEN I read a story about him explaining that he used himself for the Batman model....needless to say a narcissist of that magnitude isn't worth my hard earned cash...especially when you can't fill the suit.:rotfl

I used to love Ross' work and THEN I read a story about him explaining that he used himself for the Batman model....needless to say a narcissist of that magnitude isn't worth my hard earned cash...especially when you can't fill the suit.:rotfl

Of the interviews I've seen of Ross, I've gotten to dislike him and his style very much. Personally, I think many of his characters look too similar and lack differentiating characteristics (that donut eating face he uses on most of his characters bothers me). Plus I've always thought his Wonder Woman looks horrible.

That's a shame, maybe I'll have to pass on it then.

Anyone have any info on this one? It looks a really good piece.

statue_dcdirect_batmandknightreturns.jpg

That being said...I do own the full size Ross statue, and do appreciate his artistic ability to give realism to the characters he paints.

Not sure if that's quite true....it's well known that Ross uses models for all his drawings, however. There's a long piece about this in the Kingdome Come book.

That's a shame, maybe I'll have to pass on it then.

Anyone have any info on this one? It looks a really good piece.

statue_dcdirect_batmandknightreturns.jpg

I've got that piece and it's very nice. It's pretty much in scale with some other more recent Batman and Robin pieces from DCD (e.g. the Carmine Infantio and Jim Lee versions of Batman and Robin on the roof top).

I really think this is the best one I've seen, one day I will own it!

Batman_Dark_Crusader-statue.jpg

From the waist up and including the cape, the piece is great. However, the legs came out oddly shaped and are very thin. I wrote a review of it here when it first came out. I don't think Ross is to blame for the legs, the black and white Batman based on Ross' work came out with better legs (see here).

Hmmm, thanks for the link, but after looking over the pictures in that thread, I don't really see the issue that most people seem to be alluding to. Maybe I'll grab the mini one and use that to judge it.

Back