Best Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a mod here CSI
It's best to ask how to go about this

If Pm is the way to go then why ask here by posting the question? It's a little odd isn't it? Just PM

wth dude? Someone asked if anyone was interest and I replied I am. Why are your panties all in a wad over it?

wth dude? Someone asked if anyone was interest and I replied I am. Why are your panties all in a wad over it?

That person shouldn't have technically done that either, but regardless, this type of stuff should be handled privately, not on the public boards. The license holders could shut down the site if this stuff goes on.

That person shouldn't have technically done that either, but regardless, this type of stuff should be handled privately, not on the public boards. The license holders could shut down the site if this stuff goes on.

so explain to me the plethora of "for sale" threads for other custom items, directly selling them on these boards. I see at least five alone for Batman and/or Batman related items. Wouldn't that be far more damaging to the site then someone posting they know someone selling a custom statue they no longer want? Heck, I saw a sales thread posted in the sales forum selling nothing but 1/5 scale custom statues. If that is permissible, how can asking the question I did get the site shut down? :dunno

so explain to me the plethora of "for sale" threads for other custom items, directly selling them on these boards. I see at least five alone for Batman and/or Batman related items. Wouldn't that be far more damaging to the site then someone posting they know someone selling a custom statue they no longer want? Heck, I saw a sales thread posted in the sales forum selling nothing but 1/5 scale custom statues. If that is permissible, how can asking the question I did get the site shut down? :dunno

No unlicensed pieces are legally allowed to be advertised, solicited, or sold. If someone is doing this, it's not allowed on the forum. All Averone told you was that the question about "buying" or "price" should be handled privately via PM or email, not on the open public forum where it can get the site in trouble. For that matter, it is illegal to sell the customs on eBay. I tried to sell a Superman statue there once and got slapped on the wrist by Warner Bros., and told that next time would be banned from eBay, and legal ramifications. Just be careful is all that's being said.

No unlicensed pieces are legally allowed to be advertised, solicited, or sold. If someone is doing this, it's not allowed on the forum. All Averone told you was that the question about "buying" or "price" should be handled privately via PM or email, not on the open public forum where it can get the site in trouble. For that matter, it is illegal to sell the customs on eBay. I tried to sell a Superman statue there once and got slapped on the wrist by Warner Bros., and told that next time would be banned from eBay, and legal ramifications. Just be careful is all that's being said.

I guess they better close down the customs section then :wink1:

CSI, I think that you are the one getting his patties twisted. Averone was very courteous in asking you to refrain in any type of action that might be perceived as a sales transaction. This thread is to showcase Batman statues and its respective collections. It is not a buy here & pay here type of place.

I am not against custom statues or customizers, but I do understand the position of the companies about this touchy subject and you should do the same. On the other forum I have seen the heated conversation, and it can get pretty nasty. Definitely, we do not need to see the same in here.

And finally, whatever happens in Ebay or Craig list needs to stay there. If you are interested on the piece, have the finesse to ask via private message. We don't need the drama.

CSI, I think that you are the one getting his patties twisted. Averone was very courteous in asking you to refrain in any type of action that might be perceived as a sales transaction. This thread is to showcase Batman statues and its respective collections. It is not a buy here & pay here type of place.

I am not against custom statues or customizers, but I do understand the position of the companies about this touchy subject and you should do the same. On the other forum I have seen the heated conversation, and it can get pretty nasty. Definitely, we do not need to see the same in here.

And finally, whatever happens in Ebay or Craig list needs to stay there. If you are interested on the piece, have the finesse to ask via private message. We don't need the drama.
OK, you just managed to put that in a way, I probably never could have, and in a very short post. :goodpost: we all love the hobby. Let's keep the playgrounds safe.

wow, the over reaction to my post in this thread is absolutely ridiculous. Do you guys run around to all the customs threads and play copy right police as well? The irony is Averone is probably the biggest violator of copy right law out there. I have since deleted my post asking the other poster to share the information he had with me. You all can go find something else to do now and someone else to harass :slap

:wave

wow, the over reaction to my post in this thread is absolutely ridiculous. Do you guys run around to all the customs threads and play copy right police as well? The irony is Averone is probably the biggest violator of copy right law out there. I have since deleted my post asking the other poster to share the information he had with me. You all can go find something else to do now and someone else to harass :slap

csi...I don't know you, nor care about you.....but please don't accuse anyone you don't know. Whether you respond or not...I don't care....:peace

csi...I don't know you, nor care about you.....but please don't accuse anyone you don't know. Whether you respond or not...I don't care....:peace

I'm lost at what your trying to say here? I absolutely did not post anything that I did not know. If you would like details I would be happy to provide them. Perhaps you should follow your own advice?

Dude....do you need a tissue :monkey2 or a diaper? :dump

Just cool it down! we are trying to have some fun in here.

Last edited:
Dude....do you need a tissue :monkey2 or a diaper? :dump

Just cool it down, we are trying to have fun in here.

then have fun. Unless of course your idea of fun is chastising people for expressing an interest in how to obtain a very cool statue. Did I overreact? Yeah, probably. I am just sick of holier then Thow people on the internet acting as if they are better then everyone else. I asked about a statue, sorry it offended the delicacies of people who consistently buy and sell customs for themselves. :dunno

Oh and thanks for the tissues

A friend got this many years back & recently gave it to me. Was curious about it's background so did some googling & interestingly, it was customized from a 1995 Kenner 1/6 figure.

Definitely not in "the best" category of batman statues/figures but reckon he looks pretty cool so thought I'd share him with the batman fans around here.

%252BP1110341%2528wm25%2525%2529%2528f%2529.jpg

%252BP1110316%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

%252BP1110327%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

%252BP1110335%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

%252BP1110331%2528wm25%2525%2529%2528f%2529.jpg

%252BP1110317%2528wm25%2525%2529%2528f%2529.jpg

Oh brother :slap
I was not actually asking CSI directly, it was a general statement
I was telling everyone to let's take care and be courteous to others
Listing pictures is awesome, posting links to buy etc is not, do it on your own time. CSI, all these years have you ever seen me ask or list publicly on a forum, by listing where and how much on any thread? I have never!
And no I'm not above anyone here, in any way or form and I don't set the rules on this board. Just trying to help :dunno

Oh brother :slap
I was not actually asking CSI directly, it was a general statement
I was telling everyone to let's take care and be courteous to others
Listing pictures is awesome, posting links to buy etc is not, do it on your own time. CSI, all these years have you ever seen me ask or list publicly on a forum, by listing where and how much on any thread? I have never!
And no I'm not above anyone here, in any way or form and I don't set the rules on this board. Just trying to help :dunno

perhaps the "courteous" thing would have been to PM your statement to those you determined were in violation of forum policy instead of scolding them in public :slap

Back