Best Asmus Middle Earth 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saruman was my first purchase but I needed to mod the hair as it was so thin but apart from that a great figure.
But in hand straight out the box best so far has to be gimli the details and the weapons the hair the beard the braids are all fantastic.

Although I think the new Gandalf will blow all others out of the water and being the first in the crown series rightly so.

In order of most impressive to me among my collection:

Gimli
Aragorn (SLIM version--good luck finding one, though)
Legolas (I don't mind the molded hair)
Boromir
Sam
Frodo
Pippin
Merry (soft spot though, because he does looklike a fool of a Took)

Wow looks like the overall consensus favorite so far is Gimli he has more number ones and more number twos so far than any other figure named.

Gimli and Thorin. Can't put one above the other there - superb job. Amazing figures:clap:clap:clap

I like Gandalf v1 and Thranduil a lot. Bilbo as well. But Gimli and Thorin!

So my rooted hair Boromir arrived yesterday and of the small collection of Asmus LOTR figures that I currently have he is definitely my favorite. The sword, the shield, the shelf presence...the figure was purchased brand new and I was surprised by how perfect the hair was right out of the box. I did not have to touch it. For now this figure is my new number one.

Boromir certainly deserves more praise than I think he gets. He’s the figure that fully committed me to this line. I initially only had Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli who seemed like a great ‘ok that’s enough 1/6 LOTR love’ stopping point (despite LOTR being pretty much my favourite thing) but someone put Boromir up on eBay for a price that did t make me wince so I had to go for it; the quality and instant wow factor was all it took to let me know ‘yep, I’m fully invested now.) My only regret is that I don’t have a larger house to fill with more LOTR merchandise.

Boromir certainly deserves more praise than I think he gets. He?s the figure that fully committed me to this line. I initially only had Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli who seemed like a great ?ok that?s enough 1/6 LOTR love? stopping point (despite LOTR being pretty much my favourite thing) but someone put Boromir up on eBay for a price that did t make me wince so I had to go for it; the quality and instant wow factor was all it took to let me know ?yep, I?m fully invested now.) My only regret is that I don?t have a larger house to fill with more LOTR merchandise.

Yep I was stunned by Boromir. This is another example of how amazing Asmus is at delivering production models that are a significant improvement over the prototypes. I imagined that the rooted hair would be poofy and anticipated having to work to get a couple of strands parted on either side of his forehead and the sideburns and hair arranged to look like his film appearance. I was pleasantly surprised that he already looked like that right out of the box. The outfit is amazing and the big metal sword is beautiful. Definitely one of my over-all favorite 1/6 Scale figures in ANY line.

My current number one is Boromir...Theoden and Slim Frodo just arrived and Thorin should be here on Friday. The 3 figures are my wife?s Father?s Day gifts to me so when I unbox them on Sunday I will find out if Boromir is dethroned.

Wow! That’s a great Father’s Day set of gifts. Awesome wife you have there. Mine forgot my Birthday yesterday, so I’ve been giving her good-natured $#@t.

Wow! That?s a great Father?s Day set of gifts. Awesome wife you have there. Mine forgot my Birthday yesterday, so I?ve been giving her good-natured $#@t.

Ha ha thanks! I am sure she will make it up to you :)

Thorin is a perfect figure, accessories, detail sculpt, etc. I initially had no intention of picking him up as he was my least favorite rep of the dwarf cast, but he's just too damn well made. After that, I think Saruman was knocked out of the park. MoS on steed, just got Elrond and he is fantastic. I could go on all day honestly. Asmus figures have always been a solid playable/pose-able figure with amazing details in accessories and tailoring, but more recently in the last several releases they started nailing the sculpts and paint as well. Easily surpassing Hot Toys as my favorite 1/6 company....Also this list is making me want to track down figures I missed out on.....Ugh, I need to find a slim release Sam.

Back