Best 1/6 Scale Female Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rzeznikk

CELLAR FREAK
Reaction score
In your basement next to the Halloween decorations
I figure this is the best place to ask.....if I was wanting to make a custom female figure, what is the best body to use? Thanks!

And also, if I wanted a custom sculpted head (with possibly rooted hair as well), are their any sculpters here that take commissions like that?

I know there are alot of customizers for movie characters, but this is something different entirely....

I guess it depends on what you want out of your custom. Will she be a classic comic-book heroine with big boobs, tiny waist and big butt? Are you ok with exposed joints that allow a lot of articulation and posing possibilities, or do you prefer a less versatile but seamless look? As well as SSF the folks at OSW are also really helpful with this sort of thing as there are a lot of bashers on that board.

I guess it depends on what you want out of your custom. Will she be a classic comic-book heroine with big boobs, tiny waist and big butt? Are you ok with exposed joints that allow a lot of articulation and posing possibilities, or do you prefer a less versatile but seamless look? As well as SSF the folks at OSW are also really helpful with this sort of thing as there are a lot of bashers on that board.

Well Id prefer the seamless look. Dont want a lot of visable joints. The character Id want in a white tank top type top with jeans. I dont own any 1:6 female characters yet so I really dont have any idea whats out there. Was just wondering what the options are.

For seamless female bodies there are 2 maybe 3 companies doing them.

Phicen: https://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=...313&_nkw=1/6+phicen&_sacat=See-All-Categories

TBLeague: https://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=1...bleague&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Don't really know their quality as I haven't bought one, yet.

Thanks. I cant view these from the computer Im at right now. Ill have to check them later.

See Im working on a comic project that has to deal with a Zombie apocalypse just for fun and Im using all my friends and family as the charactets. And the character I want made into a figure is actually my wife. I have plans on doing myself too but I have that figured out. Its the female 1:6 that Im stumps on.

I found this website:

www.thatsmyface.com

And they let you make custom heads for 1:6 figures and I was thinking of going that route for the heads...but if there is a much better sculptor willing to take on these commissions Id prefer go with them, since I am kinda questioning this sites product quality.

My understanding is that their product is actually pretty good, but it has the limitations that go with a 3D print derived from 2D source material. The profile will always come out well, but the eye detail and lip detail suffer a bit. Also, short hair or bald heads will obviously be better represented than long hair.

The OSW mob have written a lot about both the Phicen and TBLeague bodies. I haven't owned either of these because of what I've read about the various issues they have, and I prefer more natural proportions. I think folks tend to prefer the Phicen bodies, the TBL bodies are apparently difficult to pose. Whatever you do steer clear of the Edaction bodies (or whatever they changed their name to). They are seamless but look awful, with flashing and pits all over the place. And they cost a lot more than either of the other two.

My understanding is that their product is actually pretty good, but it has the limitations that go with a 3D print derived from 2D source material. The profile will always come out well, but the eye detail and lip detail suffer a bit. Also, short hair or bald heads will obviously be better represented than long hair.

The OSW mob have written a lot about both the Phicen and TBLeague bodies. I haven't owned either of these because of what I've read about the various issues they have, and I prefer more natural proportions. I think folks tend to prefer the Phicen bodies, the TBL bodies are apparently difficult to pose. Whatever you do steer clear of the Edaction bodies (or whatever they changed their name to). They are seamless but look awful, with flashing and pits all over the place. And they cost a lot more than either of the other two.

something about these from thatsmyface.com just dont look right. the face painting seems really off when you look at the larger photos. I think you might be better off talking to one of the customizers on here. I've seen much nicer work from the members here. If i find any, ill let you know.

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it. Im going to do some more research on these bodies when I can...

I dont even know who the custom sculptors are on these boards....Only ones I know of are Beto and One. Any others that you guys could recommend? Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the TBL seamless bodies, but I do own a recent Phicen character figure called AMY on their seamless body, which is pretty good. I have Phicen's newer big busted seamless body (with head sculpt included on pre-orders only) on pre-order at SMCG Customs. If you want to learn more about Phicen's latest seamless body, Chad at SMCG Customs wrote a good article on it. Here's the link... https://smcgcustoms.com/THEFIRSTLOOK.aspx

I'm not familiar with the TBL seamless bodies, but I do own a recent Phicen character figure called AMY on their seamless body, which is pretty good. I have Phicen's newer big busted seamless body (with head sculpt included on pre-orders only) on pre-order at SMCG Customs. If you want to learn more about Phicen's latest seamless body, Chad at SMCG Customs wrote a good article on it. Here's the link... https://smcgcustoms.com/THEFIRSTLOOK.aspx

:gah: Cant view that site either! I might have to wait till tomorrow! Dang it!

Female figures have a long long way to catch up to males.

Almost all the bodies for females in this scale are pretty bad most of those seamless bodies have wonky or unrealistic proportions.

Hot toys female designs, black eidow, abigale, resident evil, baby dolls whatever they are all pretty bad imo body wise. They are stumpy and are designed more in line with male anatomy.

In terms of overall design only Triad has done something truly feminine and natural with thier Eva design . Trouble with that is the overall quality is very very terrible. But nothing comes close to touching it design wise. It's really remarkable

In terms of overall design only Triad has done something truly feminine and natural with thier Eva design . Trouble with that is the overall quality is very very terrible. But nothing comes close to touching it design wise. It's really remarkable

When they stuffed up that Eva I was shattered. The proportions were beautiful, everything was so well balanced and the removable breast plates made it a really versatile figure. But I didn't end up getting a single one, so far removed was the end product from their proto.

I have no idea how one sees terrible or stumpy (HT females are tall) in these bodies:

262285_101804869918537_100002670721437_6420_7212283_n.jpg

blackwidow.jpg

HT has the best, most reliable bodies on the market.

Last edited:
The Eva and Alpha bodies from Triad have good proportions,and are capable of poses that most other bodies can't handle, though neither is perfect.The best solution with them is to put Alpha limbs on an Eva torso.The HT female bodies are also pretty decent,with somewhat better QC than Triad,though not quite as posable. The Phicen bodies aren't bad either;I'm using a small busted version for a slave Leia custom,and it's working just fine.Don't know about the TB league or Edaction;haven't seen them(are the Edaction even out yet?). None of the seamless bodies are going to be as posable as a more conventional type simply due to the tension from the outer "skin". It all depends on your individual needs...PS

Just so that it's clear TBLeague is Phicen.... or TBLeague was renamed to Phicen. They are still quite poor in design.. and hardly any major improvements since the first release.

Hot Stuff/Edation... until it's more widely available, I'll still not rule them out yet.

TBLeague is decent. It's probably the best female seamless body in the market. It's really solid and well made. Earlier batch did suffer from loose or broken joints issues but the newer ones are practically trouble free.

Back