Bertie 12" Robots $299 each

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine today overall I'm really pleased but he is far from the near perfection Bertie was. Just a few quick gripes...

- The Bone. Not sure if it was a style choice or not but there is no texture and it's just molded plastic. No paint.

- The Belt/Guns. I really wish they hadn't used plastic it seems really cheap, and for the price I would have expected fabric. The guns are one piece but it's not a huge deal as they still look good.

-The Scarf. It's just one piece of fabric and doesn't have any wire in it unlike the coat. So it looks weird when you have the coat posed like it's being blown around but not the scarf.

All in all these are pretty minor gripes with a really cool figure.

I ordered one of the Les Mort and I can't wait to get it. Hopefully on Monday!

What is really wild is that I used to buy Threezero's Hong Kong figures back in the days of the HK toy craze. I have a couple figures that are pretty rare and I totally dig them. They both are similar in spirit to the Nom figure.

One is called Brothersrobber and it was a joint production between a HK toy team called Brothersfree and Threezero. It is a 12-inch figure with a bizarre headsculpt that looks like a gasmask has been fused to his head. And it came with a ton of accessories like metal digging tools, guns, knapsack and a ton of mini paper money.

The other is the rarest figure I have. I think it is simply called the Threezero trooper and I think there were only 100 made. But I was able to land the super rare version with a total number of 10 being made! While all the normal ones had a headsculpt with the gasmask sculpted into the head, the rare ones actually had a metal helmet and metal gasmask hiding a headscupt of the owner of Threezero! The figure came with a down type jacket with fur lined hood and a metal assault rifle.

Anyway, I have jabbered on for too long. I'll see if I can dig them out and get pics if anyone is interested.

Hope these help.

13lm.jpg

lm13.jpg

I ordered one of the Les Mort and I can't wait to get it. Hopefully on Monday!

What is really wild is that I used to buy Threezero's Hong Kong figures back in the days of the HK toy craze. I have a couple figures that are pretty rare and I totally dig them. They both are similar in spirit to the Nom figure.

One is called Brothersrobber and it was a joint production between a HK toy team called Brothersfree and Threezero. It is a 12-inch figure with a bizarre headsculpt that looks like a gasmask has been fused to his head. And it came with a ton of accessories like metal digging tools, guns, knapsack and a ton of mini paper money.

The other is the rarest figure I have. I think it is simply called the Threezero trooper and I think there were only 100 made. But I was able to land the super rare version with a total number of 10 being made! While all the normal ones had a headsculpt with the gasmask sculpted into the head, the rare ones actually had a metal helmet and metal gasmask hiding a headscupt of the owner of Threezero! The figure came with a down type jacket with fur lined hood and a metal assault rifle.

Anyway, I have jabbered on for too long. I'll see if I can dig them out and get pics if anyone is interested.

I'd love to see some pics of those.

Last edited:
Just got mine today overall I'm really pleased but he is far from the near perfection Bertie was. Just a few quick gripes...

- The Bone. Not sure if it was a style choice or not but there is no texture and it's just molded plastic. No paint.

- The Belt/Guns. I really wish they hadn't used plastic it seems really cheap, and for the price I would have expected fabric. The guns are one piece but it's not a huge deal as they still look good.

-The Scarf. It's just one piece of fabric and doesn't have any wire in it unlike the coat. So it looks weird when you have the coat posed like it's being blown around but not the scarf.

All in all these are pretty minor gripes with a really cool figure.

Pictures? :monkey1

First pic dump.
Action poses to come. I thought I'd start out with the standard pose, just because it looks so badass on him. Does anyone remember the game Shinobi for the PS2? Where the ninja had a scarf that moved on it's own? Well Les Mort's may be a distant cousin, because it lays exactly like I want it to.

SDC10072.jpg

Regular lighting

SDC10074.jpg

No lights

SDC10075.jpg

Flash

SDC10078.jpg

SDC10062.jpg

SDC10058.jpg

Respect the clutter :rotfl

Edit: Huhwha? No pics. Does Photobucket not work?
Editing the edit: God, I'm dumb. Fix'd.

Last edited:
Oh and btw for those that are confirmed for a bamba lad sculpt by me, how would you like them? Just like the proto or a different position? Painted or unpainted?

This is the actual colour that I am gonna make them in if you guys don't want another paint scheme.

d1cov3.jpg

Well I painted the first try as a paint test and I made my first one with the arms to the side, he may be a bit small but I like him. If no one has any comments I wil be making the rest the same way as this one.

DSC00981.jpg

And you will not believe how messy this clay is!! :p

DSC00980.jpg

Back