Berserk Collectibles Show Us Some Berserk/Manga Disscussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know someone a few pages back said it was unlikely figma would do any more Berserk stuff but I sure hope not. With Slan and Void releasing next month, could they perhaps have more characters planned to release later this year or even next year? Maybe we'll see something at one of the toy festivals in Japan in the coming months. :pray:

Yeah it's possible since the anime is airing this season, but having followed Goodsmile Company/Max Factory/Freeing (the ones who make figmas) for the past ~5 years I don't think it's very likely.
Back when they made the Berserk figmas (and announced the God Hand line) years ago, they used to focus on making characters (mostly) from popular anime, but starting ~2 years ago they started branching out to popular video game franchises/very niche characters/famous icons (like the Tabletop Museum line with the Vetruvian Man and Venus de Milo) and now they're just focused on cashing onto only the most popular characters.
So now there's less of a focus on making figmas of characters from currently airing anime series, and with many new and other mainstream franchises now that overshadow Berserk I don't think they'd want to focus on making more Berserk characters.
Also, seeing the price tags that they slapped on the Slan/Conrad and Void/Ubik releases (+$100 and +$200, freaking crazy for 5-inch figures), it tells me that they think that the Berserk fandom is small and that regardless of the price they put, they'd still get some very dedicated fans to buy the figures. So basically they ask for such a high price because they don't think that they'll sell as much as they'd like to on the long run.
Also notice how the pre-orders for Slan/Cornad and Void/Ubik closed in a much shorter time compared to their other figma pre-orders? Probably they informed the online stores that they produced a limited number of mass-produced units.

So basically, for me it's pointing to the idea that they don't believe Berserk is worth capitalizing on anymore.
Heck, they probably know that their old Berserk figmas are literally one of the most popular/sought-for figmas to date in the aftermarket, but they haven't scheduled a re-release for ANY of them even though the game and new anime have been released. What boggles my mind is that they're re-releasing figmas from a dated anime Kill la Kill but they aren't capitalizing on Berserk despite the sheer amount of people who would pre-order immediately if there were re-releases of Guts and the other characters.
BUT!!! Max Factory is still planning on releasing their super expensive Femto polystone figure in the Fall apparently, so it's not like they threw the license out the window (yet).
At this point I'm honestly just looking forward to ThreeZero for more articulated figures even though they're 1/6 scale.

That max factory femto looks real nice like. 1grand though for a sixth scale statue but it's pricing is on par with aow stuff...

Yeah it's possible since the anime is airing this season, but having followed Goodsmile Company/Max Factory/Freeing (the ones who make figmas) for the past ~5 years I don't think it's very likely.
Back when they made the Berserk figmas (and announced the God Hand line) years ago, they used to focus on making characters (mostly) from popular anime, but starting ~2 years ago they started branching out to popular video game franchises/very niche characters/famous icons (like the Tabletop Museum line with the Vetruvian Man and Venus de Milo) and now they're just focused on cashing onto only the most popular characters.
So now there's less of a focus on making figmas of characters from currently airing anime series, and with many new and other mainstream franchises now that overshadow Berserk I don't think they'd want to focus on making more Berserk characters.
Also, seeing the price tags that they slapped on the Slan/Conrad and Void/Ubik releases (+$100 and +$200, freaking crazy for 5-inch figures), it tells me that they think that the Berserk fandom is small and that regardless of the price they put, they'd still get some very dedicated fans to buy the figures. So basically they ask for such a high price because they don't think that they'll sell as much as they'd like to on the long run.
Also notice how the pre-orders for Slan/Cornad and Void/Ubik closed in a much shorter time compared to their other figma pre-orders? Probably they informed the online stores that they produced a limited number of mass-produced units.

So basically, for me it's pointing to the idea that they don't believe Berserk is worth capitalizing on anymore.
Heck, they probably know that their old Berserk figmas are literally one of the most popular/sought-for figmas to date in the aftermarket, but they haven't scheduled a re-release for ANY of them even though the game and new anime have been released. What boggles my mind is that they're re-releasing figmas from a dated anime Kill la Kill but they aren't capitalizing on Berserk despite the sheer amount of people who would pre-order immediately if there were re-releases of Guts and the other characters.
BUT!!! Max Factory is still planning on releasing their super expensive Femto polystone figure in the Fall apparently, so it's not like they threw the license out the window (yet).
At this point I'm honestly just looking forward to ThreeZero for more articulated figures even though they're 1/6 scale.

8iRIdZd.gif

Threezero shipped Skull Knight back priority but has taken way longer then it should of been. It only just now landed in New York.

My Skull Knight got delivered this morning. I'm at work so I won't know until later, but I hope they fixed the paint on it and it isn't broken... ugh.

My Skull Knight got delivered this morning. I'm at work so I won't know until later, but I hope they fixed the paint on it and it isn't broken... ugh.

I hope for the best. I still haven't opened my exclusive SK.... not enough room to display him right now.

On another note I need everyone's help making a decision.

I'm either going to preorder the prime 1 Guts statue or he new goodsmile Femto statue. Which one would you go for and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope for the best. I still haven't opened my exclusive SK.... not enough room to display him right now.

On another note I need everyone's help making a decision.

I'm either going to preorder the prime 1 Guts statue or he new goodsmile Femto statue. Which one would you go for and why?

Don't get either. I'm not a fan of that statue. I'd rather get the figure.

Don't get either. I'm not a fan of that statue. I'd rather get the figure.

I think the new Femto figma looks good but ONLY posed in the egg. I have an old art of war Femto figure that I honestly think looks better. What don't you like about either of those statues?

I think the new Femto figma looks good but ONLY posed in the egg. I have an old art of war Femto figure that I honestly think looks better. What don't you like about either of those statues?

You mean the one with his hand out when he tried to kill Skull Knight? That one is nice.

The Prime 1 Guts doesn't look like him. His eye brows and mouth are weird. The base is a cluster ****. The Goodsmile has weird head proportions and just looks boring.

You mean the one with his hand out when he tried to kill Skull Knight? That one is nice.

The Prime 1 Guts doesn't look like him. His eye brows and mouth are weird. The base is a cluster ****. The Goodsmile has weird head proportions and just looks boring.

Yes that's the one. I agree that the prime 1 statue doesn't look like Guts, I still thought it was a cool iteration of him though. You're right about the base too. Ugh maybe I'll just wait for prime 1 to release the berserker armor.

Yes that's the one. I agree that the prime 1 statue doesn't look like Guts, I still thought it was a cool iteration of him though. You're right about the base too. Ugh maybe I'll just wait for prime 1 to release the berserker armor.

Go Berserker. They can't **** the likeness up since his head is in the helmet, and I'm sure it will have a different expression if it comes with a helmetless head too.

Even if the Prime 1 is cool-looking, it's still $1,000, but not $1k cool if it doesn't look very much like Guts. I'm personally waiting for the F4F Guts since it'll be probably 1/2 of the price and might look better too.
I say wait to spend that much money on a statue you feel really excited about, Prime 1 has the Berserker armor, Zodd Human form, Zodd Apostle form, Skullknight, Schierke, Griffith reborn, and Femto in the works.

Talking about Schierke also, Bekh over at Skullknight.net is making a seriously amazing Schierke sculpt for the Prime 1 Schierke sculpt contest. Here's their artstation link for more photos. Really impressive stuff.
969283BEKHschierkefacetest02.jpg

Snake is still recovering from when he accidentally referred an episode as a 'chapter' over there, and was treated like one of those tortured heretics in the Conviction arc. :lol

Is the reddit really that bad? All I've seen is how they seem to largely **** talk all the anime adaptations in favor of the manga. We all get the manga is great and the superior version but that doesn't take away from what is otherwise pretty decent adaptations (especially the 97 anime).

Well it's filled with the same snob **** heads, so if you didn't like the forum you won't like the Reddit.

The Berserk subreddit is actually pretty tolerable, one of the SKullknight mods (Walter) is a mod on there as well but I don't see him on lots of posts. It's a nice fan place to see/have short disussions, see fanart, and just spread the Berserk love with people who like the series. I also think people post Berserk-related news there much faster than Skullknight.net probably because there are many more members.
On Skullknight.net though the Walter dude's everywhere (especially on the manga/anime discussion pages) and can reply pretty harshly to people he doesn't agree with or who doesn't know every little thing in the series. Very informative place to look at story/character analysis and discussions, just as long as you don't post anything :slap

Back