BCS 1:6 Doctor Who: Eighth Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today too...at long last! He has turned out great IMO, really nice looking figure. :rock

8pgdw.jpg

My Eight showed up this evening - I've only got a couple of quick terribad phone shots so I don't see much point of putting them up lol, they don't do the figure any favours what with the way the lens warps perspective.

Pretty pleasantly surprised by this figure - the likeness is definitely there, the body feels solid, and the accessories are all well chosen/made - that yoyo! Damn!

Obviously the tailoring is going to need some fiddling with, impressively made as the coat and waistcoat are, they just don't sit quite right straight out of the box. I'm low key tempted to swap out his cravat for a less accurate colour-wise, but more cravat-shaped Hot Toys Octopus cravat I've got floating about somewhere, since that thing has an actual attempt at shaping going on, but for the most part I think a little bit of careful futzing will work wonders.

Extremely minor caveat - did anyone else's figure not include the 'tube socks' listed on the side? I really wouldn't have noticed, but the list right on the side of the box mentioned them.

I cancelled the pre-order on this years ago, thinking it would never happen. Now, I think I'm gonna pick one up once they are in stock at Big Bad Toy Store.

f50bd41a452b8ce4b0cde2125a96692d.plist

Have put mine on a Hot Toys slim and given him a different shirt with a larger collar which I think help the cravat look better.

He looks ok, bit still suffers from a lot of the same Big Chief cothing issues that plague previous releases that makes it both slightly too tight and too thick. I can't tell you how many times I reposed by 12th Doctor figure trying to give him a slim profile, only for him to remain barrel chested.

I wonder if its worth waiting for a "Night of the Doctor" styled 8 figure.

Last edited:
Yeah they seem to have the hardest time making their outfits lie flat or look as sharp and crisp as they should be. Which is something even most third party outfits manage to do these days.

Back