BCS 1:6 Doctor Who: Eighth Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a few more tweaks...

I glued a small magnet to the inside of the waistcoat to hold the chain in place.

Brought in the waistcoat a tad more by moving and restitching three of fasteners on one side. This helps tighten and align things up better.

Put a stitch in the top of the shirt collar to keep it closed. This helps control your anger when trying to get the cravat to look right.:gah: Two more stitches help hold the cravat and small folds/creases in place.

Glued down the coat collars with Fabri-tac.

Added 8th's respective logo to the base and printed off a screencap of that glorious console room.

Issues aside i love this figure:)

DSC_0180.JPGDSC_0181.JPGDSC_0260.JPGDSC_0271.JPG

Looks great.
Thought I’d check out one of those cravat vids. So decided to tie up the cravat again. And bringing the collar together was a good call.
Took about 30 minutes, but does make a difference : cravat still needs a crinkle in it tho.
3671D332-75BB-460C-B7E8-CB1F4F8F855D.jpg

It's hard having an interest in this hobby at the moment with all that's going on in the big bad world outside. I do hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

I've been in the Who zone the past while so here's my current display...

DSC_0552.JPGDSC_0531.jpgDSC_0544.JPGDSC_0549.jpgDSC_0539.JPGDSC_0536.jpg

Nice collection! Is that a custom paint job that season 4 10th Doctor? Ive never seen that sculpt look better.

Finally got my 8th doctor yesterday. Never thought it would take so long to get him by not order him on bcs website, but anyways. I'm really glad to have him now, even if i have so issues with him.

First of all i don't like the body they used. It's floppy on the legs (even more than my war doctor ), but the ankle are floppy as well which make it quite hard to pose sometimes. The articulations on the arms are very good, which seems good but the coat reduce the articulations so much that makes the arms also hard to pose. I still don't understand how they decide which figure get to have a full neck or not. 9th doctor : neck fully exposed but no full neck and ugly joint. War doctor : neck hided behind scarf and coat, but have a full neck. And same here. You almost can't see the neck but they still gave him a full one. Which reduce head articulations and every time you move the cravat the head moves with it.

I think the headsculpt is gorgeous. The hair a well done (would have been perfect with different colors in it, but i drybrush different shade of brown to fix that). The paint is very good. The likeness is good but still a little bit of for me. Watched the movie again this morning, and to be honest they still did a great job it would have been hard to get the perfect likeness in this case. Just one things that was really horrible : the stubble. It was honnestly way worse than any pictures i've seen online. It was completly black, like they painted this all area black. I had to brush very hard with alcohol to make it acceptable.

The clothes are just amazing, very good quality, nothing to say here it's just good. Maybe the coat could have been a bit more dark but thats it.

The accesories are good aswell, very fun to play with, very happy with them.

The hand are well painted, and i like the fact that some hand are design to hold perfectly specific accessories, but it reduce the number of hand if you want him to use other accesories that you may want to give him.

I like the new box, not as much as the previous ones, but still. I didn't like the fact that when you used the backdrop, you could see inside the box, it doesn't look good that way. So i really like the "shoe box" design. But i hate the backdrop. Not because of the design used, but because it so flimsy. It doesn't stay in place it's very fragile, i'm sure one day it will start tearing unlike the others.

But still have a few nitpick : Why make the cravat button silver ? In all pictures i could find it was more brass/gold. So i had to repaint it. The watch not being attached to the waistcoast is very weird. In the promotional picture it was. And they did it for the war doctor so why not do it here ? So you have to glue it or put a magnet. The hands were a little bit glossy not horrible but still brushed them with alcohol. The coat make him look way to buff in my opinion, i completly remove the padding inside to make it look good, and even then i still think its not perfect.

Overall i'm still very happy with it, it's a very good figure, even with the issues i have with him. I'am so excited to finally have him and the fact that he is one of my favourite doctor, i can look passed some of it's problems.

DSC_2563.jpg

DSC_2596.jpg

DSC_2572.jpg

DSC_2568.jpg

DSC_2594.jpg

DSC_2584.jpg

DSC_2579.jpg

DSC_2592.jpg

DSC_2571.jpg

Sorry you got one with some body problems...my fourth Doctor figure has the worst case of floppy body :lol so I can sympathise with you there! Your pictures are great though - really like the lighting on them too. :)

Sorry to hear about the floppy body. But those pictures are great!
Yeah i'm use to bcs body being weak ( 9th body broke instantly after one pose and War legs are so floppy its hard to make it stand on its own) But it suprised me because the upper body was stiff. Maybe there is some screws on the leg joint that need to be thighten, i'll have to take a look. Ho thanks :)

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank you :) I can kind of understand not doing the bag, could have been hard for them to make a fully functionnal leather bag. I like the amount of accesories we get with these figures, except for the War doctor they could have done more, especialy when i see figure coming with almost nothing. But yes it would be nice if sometimes they gave us "special" accesories (like in this case the bag, or the moment open for the war doctor) even as expansion pack. But fortunatly nowadays with 3d printing you can almost have all the accesories you want, like in these case, the bag.

Back