Battle of the Movies - Final Match!! -- Empire Strikes Back vs The Godfather

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empire Strikes Back vs The Godfather

• Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • The Godfather

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For many years I scoffed at the notion that a Woody Allen comedy could have won Best Picture over Star Wars. But then I saw it and was blown away by its brilliance. Star Wars was a huge leap forward in special effects, Annie Hall was a huge leap forward in practically everything else.

With regard to Godfather and Empire, I've never believed that Godfather was the pinnacle of cinema that many make it out to be. I vote Empire as both a personal favorite AND as a better all around film.

Well if you're talking pinnacle of cinema, look no further than Death Wish 3. Greatest.Movie.Ever.

For many years I scoffed at the notion that a Woody Allen comedy could have won Best Picture over Star Wars. But then I saw it and was blown away by its brilliance. Star Wars was a huge leap forward in special effects, Annie Hall was a huge leap forward in practically everything else.

I actually prefer Manhattan to Annie Hall, but both are truly great and distinctive. Not exactly Sleeper or Bananas.

Legit question....why is this poll open 3x longer than any of the other rounds? Went up yesterday and is open for a full week, every other round was like 2 days max...I mean if you want to maintain the semblance of all things equal.....

Legit question....why is this poll open 3x longer than any of the other rounds? Went up yesterday and is open for a full week, every other round was like 2 days max...I mean if you want to maintain the semblance of all things equal.....

Because there's an awful lot hanging in the balance on this. ;)

Because it's FINAL.

Well, don't worry, I've lost it a few rounds ago. This isn't a what is the best film contest but a what is my favorite film contest.

I bet some people have voted on movies they haven't even ever watched.

If Empire wins I'm gonna lose the last remnants of respect I had for people's taste in this place.

Well, don't worry, I've lost it a few rounds ago. This isn't a what is the best film contest but a what is my favorite film contest.

I bet some people have voted on movies they haven't even ever watched.

Why? Cause if it's not what you deem to be the best, it must be wrong?

Empire and Godfather are both amazing films, but I personally think Empire has the edge.

Back