Battle of Crete: German Paratrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Miguel, I am thinking the same thing for me, well you please direct me to some good fabric paint, would be grateful

I think this is great, I will have mine tomorrow :yess:
Will use my good lights on him. It should capture the green/olive

well i got home and got a nice surprise...delivery was a couple of days early! i put him together and it's pretty great BUT all things considered I just can't live with that smock's gumby green LoL..it's just wrong!

now to see what fabric inks/paints i can get over the weekend to see if i can make this right. Averone i'll let you know what worked. thinking of going to micheal's and pearl paints for some markers and paints i saw that might work..hmm..a light mist gray tone or plain gray. won't be posting pics until i 'bash mine. averone you might as well go ahead and post your pics if you want.

peace out
Miguel

well i got home and got a nice surprise...delivery was a couple of days early! i put him together and it's pretty great BUT all things considered I just can't live with that smock's gumby green LoL..it's just wrong!

now to see what fabric inks/paints i can get over the weekend to see if i can make this right. Averone i'll let you know what worked. thinking of going to micheal's and pearl paints for some markers and paints i saw that might work..hmm..a light mist gray tone or plain gray. won't be posting pics until i 'bash mine. averone you might as well go ahead and post your pics if you want.

peace out
Miguel

I just got him too! I would agree with you. The fabric used is not what was shown 2 yrs ago. Its not that its bad but it needs help. Would be very helpful to see what you do and what you will be using. Best of luck.

I will post some pics here in a an hour or two.. What surprises me is that second head has gray hat on, just doesnt go with the green at the moment

On the up side I got a very low number :yess:

Ok some pictures for everyone to see...

After playing with the PF, its starting to grow on me. Its not as dark as before but the green I can work with. Some quick fabric touch up and it will be nice and battle worn.
The face.. and hands are incredible! Something I have never seen before on any other statue yet. They did nail it! Just like they showed us. Both head sculpt are also amazing! So much detail, the camera just cant capture. Seems as if my lights are just a tad too bright.

And the gun, the MG 42! Its fantastic!

First the EX head

DSC_0334.jpg
DSC_0335.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

The statue looks good. I'm really liking the MG42. I've had the pleasure of firing one before and now I know why they call it "Hitler's buzzsaw". At the super high rate of fire it sounds like an F'N zipper only louder.

With the notable exception of the color, this piece is fantastic! Especially the MG34. Might pick one up since the edition size is only 100?

I'm not impressed with the green smock or the plastic ammo belt. But the new paint app technique on this piece came out wonderful. I really hope Sideshow tries to apply it to future PFs, and I hope they do decide to continue with this line.

averone the quality of the painting is in the whole body of the figure?, you could show the arms of the figure?:lecture, thanks. -

No just the 2 heads and the hands
There was no need as I am sure no one would be displaying him naked and without his uniform :lol

well the belt and webgear came off quite easily so painting the fabric shouldn't be difficult. next a trip to michael's for fabric/textile paints...saw some grey tones that would come close to what i'm lookin for.

prepped
PB290139.jpg

Miguel

Last edited:
well the belt and webgear came off quite easily so painting the fabric shouldn't be difficult. next a trip to michael's for fabric/textile paints...saw some grey tones that would come close to what i'm lookin for.

prepped
PB290139.jpg

Miguel

Lead the way Miguel!:clap

I like this piece. I canceled last year because I thought it was discontinued and figured the line was canceled altogether. If I knew they would make more Military PF's (American especially) then I would order it again.

I like this piece. I canceled last year because I thought it was discontinued and figured the line was canceled altogether. If I knew they would make more Military PF's (American especially) then I would order it again.

Still viable with a LE of only 250 of the regular, and 100 of the EX :eek: …I guess there have been a lot of cancellations. :wink1:

I would have loved to see some American soldiers, and a British Fighter pilot would also be cool. :cool:

:)

prepped
PB290139.jpg

Miguel

Nice. Definitely looking forward to see the finished look. :clap

lizard, can't wait to see how he turns out. i think the statue looks good and i really dig this piece. i want to pull the trigger on him but have kind of given up statues for the most part as it would fund a few more 1/6th figures. glad he turned out looking as nice as he does.

Hi Lizardking,
What is the status on your repainting the fabric?

I will get mine in 2-3 weeks and like yourself don't appreciate what the factory has done with the final color of his smock (pants I don't mind).

I saw on onesix forum that you removed the whole smock now.. right?
Like to see what you tried and how it turns out, good luck..

yo guys..yeah i finished him up. i've been staying at my girlfriends apt. for the holidays and so i haven't been able to take proper pics...will post some images once i get home again. i'm a lot happier with him now. will post after the new year. thanks.

cheers!
Miguel

Back