Statue Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I don't remember anyone saying the EX should be crappy, so stop putting words in our mouth. Good for you that you're in the US, but that last line comes off as condescending and selfish. Wow. The truth is, the ones you'd see complaining about the EX being "crappy" most of of the time are those who have direct/easy access to Sideshow. Because they are the ones who can't always be thankful for whatever extra Sideshow would give them at no extra cost. Most international buyers won't usually care for something they can hardly get.

Thank you for getting where we're coming from, bud.

EDIT: I may be mistaken, but in one picture where you can see the underside of her chin I don't see a seam. Unless it was edited out, could it be possible that the legs, torso, upper arms, and head are one piece, then the hair comes off as a separate piece? That's how the comic WW PF is like, yeah?

Not trying to come off that way, but that's what it essentially seems like. You guys want the ex to be a non important item that no one really cares about instead of something special that makes it a must have. You want all the essential pieces to come with the regular and the ex to be pretty much "meh" so international buyers aren't missing out on something. Like I said, I can understand why you guys feel that way, but I just can't agree. If the ex is just sort of meh, then why even have one?

The likeness is wrong. So its a pass for me.

I bought the Phiffer Catwoman PF from SS which doesnt have a perfect likeness, but with such limited BatmanReturns Catwoman merch out there, i'm willing to let that slide if the rest of the PF is nice.

Gal as WW merch however is everywhere, so if youre going to make a PF of her, get it right, which SS hasnt.

Not trying to come off that way, but that's what it essentially seems like. You guys want the ex to be a non important item that no one really cares about instead of something special that makes it a must have. You want all the essential pieces to come with the regular and the ex to be pretty much "meh" so international buyers aren't missing out on something. Like I said, I can understand why you guys feel that way, but I just can't agree. If the ex is just sort of meh, then why even have one?

Igo, who is one of the main guys at SS (right?) has mentioned that he thinks the EX should not be something that is essential to the piece, but rather something that is a nice extra, or bonus. I'm paraphrasing, but what he said was to that effect. I think that's fair...I mean it's like how the Predator maquette's exclusive is the freaking bio mask, which I wish was included in the regular as the damn guy wears it for 2/3's of the movie and is one of the most iconic parts of the character AND so I don't have to pay $5,000 for an EX but oh well. Yeah it makes the EX that much more special but sucks when I can't even find an EX for sale, let alone afford one.

I won't be buying this, as I am not a shoddy likeness apologist, but the fact that the EX is something I feel is essential to the character, AND I have to pay extra for it (ordering direct from SS for the EX costs me CA sales tax) makes me want to get this even less. Oh well.

The DC Collectibles statues are so on point, better so (and more affordable) than this PF. I'm definitely getting the training outfit and horse statue, for less than this one PF to boot.

Ordered....didn't wait for my other rewards points to go live. Still got to take $150 off so I'm happy.

It's a beautiful WW, face, body, pose, but it still lacks in Gal Gadot likeness. Going to wait for some more RP to kick in and then I'll order. Who knows, we still might see some improvements to get her likeness. $500 is not too bad, but sort of figured it would be that price to match the Batman.

You know you should worry about the likeness when not one photo shows just her portrait. There are though a dozen pics of her arms so they must feel those are accurate.

It's a beautiful WW, face, body, pose, but it still lacks in Gal Gadot likeness. Going to wait for some more RP to kick in and then I'll order. Who knows, we still might see some improvements to get her likeness. $500 is not too bad, but sort of figured it would be that price to match the Batman.
This is what has me torn. She's beautiful but doesnt look like Gal Gadot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You know you should worry about the likeness when not one photo shows just her portrait. There are though a dozen pics of her arms so they must feel those are accurate.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pics today. They got a few of her from afar and angle shots but not 1 front shot of just her face. They do that when they know the likeness is not a real strong 1 I think.

Think Gal Gadot may be another actor that is hard to capture right? So far all the piece's that I have seen of her looks off by a little to a lot. Best likeness is the Hot Toys Figure which looks very close to her.

I agree with everyone who thinks the likeness to Gadot is a bit off, but you gotta admit, it really is a gorgeous statue. Pre-ordered!! I missed the DC Wonder Woman, not going to miss this one.

Hmmmm. Thinking of putting this front and center between D.C. Supes and Bats. Thoughts? Didn't get D.C. Wonderwoman and have been on waitlist forever.

Back