Statue Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless, the shield should be included by default. An exclusive should be an alternate head or some other little non-essential thing, not one of the major accessories for the character and pose.

I'm not sure I agree with that. An exclusive item should make the EX feel special. I understand that getting the EX is more expensive for international buyers but I don't think that should sway how exclusive items are selected by Sideshow. I will say that I am surprised the shield is the EX since Sideshow does tend to put useless items in as the EX.

The statue is VERY well done, but sadly the face, while a beautifully done face, looks nothing like Gal Gadot, as they stated this statue is supposed to portray. And I mean I see NO resemblance to the actress.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2 cents. I like it as a regular Wonder Woman statue, even if it doesn't look like Gal Gadot. I don't plan on getting any Cavill or Afflack PF so if anything, she'll just be a regular Wonder Woman PF for me since I didn't really like the leg-up on the first one for some reason (angle of it bothered me a bit). I don't recall Wonder Woman always carrying a shield around so I don't mind that as an exclusive, it's definitely nice to have though. I wish the shield wasn't so much horizontal to the ground, if anything that'd be what would bother me. How much does she retail for?

While both sides have their merit, I do agree the EX should be something unique and have a wow factor. In this case not so sure the shield is "unique". In the movie she wasn't w/o it in uniform as her sword or lasso. But it does provide the Wow in comparison.

An Ex on this one would be hard. An extended lasso would probably generate complaints of being cowboyesque lol. A coh portrait here would have been app. Have they ever done a coh portrait on "likeness" PFs?

By definition of "exclusive" the shield is technically only sold thru SS so therefore it is exclusive to the product only if purchased through SS.

Why is that the case, I'm curious? Don't they start out at the same amount?

Custom duties, value added taxes, currency devaluations, and shipping fees all add to the price.

Whereas if we buy the non exclusive from local distributors (e.g Popculcha in Australia for me), who get their stock from Sideshow (and who probably like other major redistributers get some kind of discount) I can sometimes save quite a bit (because of the above points and) as I always get 10% off and free delivery from Popcultcha. Heck even the delivery alone for the Iron Studios Black Panther was 170 USD when shipped from Sideshow to Australia.

Not to mention that our local distributors are likely to buy their stock in bulk and have it sent via container ship (which unfortunately means a 1-2 months longer wait to receive the pieces after they're released by the Sideshow direct) probably means even more savings.

Like Phoenix said, I don't have to worry about expensive shipping costs and duty charges if I purchase locally.

While I think the likeness could use some tweaking...this is a day one PO for me. :D

dc-comics-batman-vs-superman-wonder-woman-premium-format-300400-02.jpg

That is a gorgeous WW, but that's no Gal Gadot. But I will get it anyway cause that face and pose are bad-@$$. I can't blame SS for not getting the likeness, cause not even HT was able to do it.

When I cover the hair the face looks more like Gagot then I originally thought. The hair is so far off from hers that it makes the face seem more generic. They made the hair way too "big" and wavy.

That is a gorgeous WW, but that's no Gal Gadot. But I will get it anyway cause that face and pose are bad-@$$. I can't blame SS for not getting the likeness, cause not even HT was able to do it.

The pose is great, IMO. :rock

When I cover the hair the face looks more like Gagot then I originally thought. The hair is so far off from hers that it makes the face seem more generic. They made the hair way too "big" and wavy.

The hair is definitely "big" and wavy. :lol

I don't understand those saying it doesn't look like Gadot. You guys may want to get your eyes checked. ;) It's not a perfect likeness, but one quick glance would reveal that to undeniably be Gal Gadot.

I don't understand those saying it doesn't look like Gadot. You guys may want to get your eyes checked. ;) It's not a perfect likeness, but one quick glance would reveal that to undeniably be Gal Gadot.

I disagree. To be fair, her face is very pretty which makes it tough to create since she doesn't have signifying features. So, while I see a very attractive face, it lacks her likeness IMO. But I also feel like the hair throws it off quite a bit too. Someone mentioned covering her hair with your hand does make it look more like Gadot and this is surprisingly true. So maybe it's off base to say there is no likeness...there certainly is to some degree. I think her face is just difficult to match as no collectible I've seen yet really nail it. These are the closest IMO:
Wonder_Woman_Film_WW_Trevor_statue_4_r1-615x428.jpg
Wonder_Woman_Film_WW_Horse_statue_1_r3-615x428.jpg
Wonder_Woman_Film_WW_Statue_1-400x500.jpg

The DC Direct Training outfit statue is spot on (but I am getting out of the 1/6 game). 1/4 or bust for me now.

Essentially the international buyers are saying they want crappy exclusives because they have to buy off the secondary market and that's why the ex edition so are so much more expensive so they want what they consider to be "essential" to come with the regular that they can get cheaper later.

I don't blame you for feeling that way, but being a US buyer means I want awesome exclusives that folks with the regular will feel like they missed out on.

Man, I don't remember anyone saying the EX should be crappy, so stop putting words in our mouth. Good for you that you're in the US, but that last line comes off as condescending and selfish. Wow. The truth is, the ones you'd see complaining about the EX being "crappy" most of of the time are those who have direct/easy access to Sideshow. Because they are the ones who can't always be thankful for whatever extra Sideshow would give them at no extra cost. Most international buyers won't usually care for something they can hardly get.

While both sides have their merit, I do agree the EX should be something unique and have a wow factor. In this case not so sure the shield is "unique". In the movie she wasn't w/o it in uniform as her sword or lasso. But it does provide the Wow in comparison.

An Ex on this one would be hard. An extended lasso would probably generate complaints of being cowboyesque lol. A coh portrait here would have been app. Have they ever done a coh portrait on "likeness" PFs?

By definition of "exclusive" the shield is technically only sold thru SS so therefore it is exclusive to the product only if purchased through SS.

Thank you for getting where we're coming from, bud.

EDIT: I may be mistaken, but in one picture where you can see the underside of her chin I don't see a seam. Unless it was edited out, could it be possible that the legs, torso, upper arms, and head are one piece, then the hair comes off as a separate piece? That's how the comic WW PF is like, yeah?

Back