Statue Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If and when Prime 1 release their 1/2 scale, I'll probably only get it when and if it goes on sale from my local store, as in my mind it'll probably be the best headsculpt (yes I know it has some issues) that we get for the foreseeable future.

If and when Prime 1 release their 1/2 scale, I'll probably only get it when and if it goes on sale from my local store, as in my mind it'll probably be the best headsculpt (yes I know it has some issues) that we get for the foreseeable future.

1/2 scale is too big also I didn't want to drop 6k on 3 statues. If they were 1/3 scale I would have bought in. I really wish prime 1 or IS would do them in 1/4 scale. Hopefully they do it for justice league

1/2 scale is too big also I didn't want to drop 6k on 3 statues. If they were 1/3 scale I would have bought in. I really wish prime 1 or IS would do them in 1/4 scale. Hopefully they do it for justice league

I agree they're too big for my collection set up as well.

But the only way to get a decent MOS/BVS Superman was to preorder Prime 1's 1/2 scale. And since I'm definately getting that, only one more step to get Wonder Woman, then Batman! :slap I need help.

Where do u plan on displaying them

The prime 1 superman is the best of the bunch, if I was going to buy one it would be him but I don't know where I would display it.. what kind of case would it fit in? Also how would it look next to 1/4?

Umm..... I don't know yet!

I usually hate displaying pieces in the open, as my house is quite dusty. But as it happens some of my most recent expensive pieces (Prime 1 Batman, Iron Studios Spider-Man) are not in Bestas or Acrylic cases.

Heck I even display my Prime 1 Optimus without it's base in a Besta. Was just too hard and time consuming to dust!

One of these days I may just have to get a full custom display unit made up from ground to ceiling.

I really wished that Ikea would produce glass doors that were twice as high for their Besta cabinents. That would solve most of my issues.

Head sculpt will make or break this piece. Ssc sucks at actor likeness, and has a terrible track record with them in terms of paint issues. Movie statues get no love from the factories nearly all of them have ****** paint jobs on the headsculpt. It doesnt matter how good the prototype may look the end product will be crap. Keaton batman and bale batman are decent but the face is mostly hidden by a mask on those lol

I think this applies to any movie piece , but when people rationalize a bad sculpt/bad paint app by saying nonsense like "well i'm a comic book guy anyway" or "I don't like actors anyway it's okay" then we keep getting pieces with shoddy likenesses, wih very few exceptions.

Head sculpt will make or break this piece. Ssc sucks at actor likeness, and has a terrible track record with them in terms of paint issues. Movie statues get no love from the factories nearly all of them have ****** paint jobs on the headsculpt. It doesnt matter how good the prototype may look the end product will be crap. Keaton batman and bale batman are decent but the face is mostly hidden by a mask on those lol

Not entirely true. Indiana Jones, Terminator 2, Jack Sparrow, Gandalf the Grey, Saruman are a few that are all good to very good. Others have been average to poor, but to claim their entire track record is **** simply isn't true.

But recently?

It's unfortunate but it's become the norm for the past couple of years, and to get even 'good' movie pieces you have to get them from elsewhere.

Not too optimistic with SS and human face sculpt. Different with Batman where half the face is masked

I hope it comes out good, but I seriously doubt it myself as SS suffers when it comes to the likeness department.... Either it's a bad sculpt or a great sculpt with a bad factory paint application they seem to miss the mark....

Preorder is end of this month. Can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to it. However, no matter how good the prototype would turn out I might refrain from preordering and just hope that I could get one in stock once it's out. I'm done betting my $500 with Sideshow's quality roulette. I'd confidently put more money on a statue from a company from whom you know what you're going to get.

I'd be very interested in this providing the final product has a good likeness of Gadot. Fingers crossed. It looks like the pose may be from her pose in the "trinity" image in my signature.

Also interested in what the EX will be. I don't think you could do an extra head (there isn't a good spot for a seam).

I'm thinking a swap out whip for the sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back