Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then imagine the instant disappointment when you see this

W982SdR.jpg

Instead of this ^^

They didn't even give DD the bone goatee...which would make sense for him to have one since Zod had a goatee :dunno

Doomsday could come back like that. The army could be the ones that put Doomsday in his containment suit an shot into space. To return and wreck havoc. And have his spikes!

1911599-doomsday2.jpg

Doomsday could come back like that. The army could be the ones that put Doomsday in his containment suit an shot into space. To return and wreck havoc. And have his spikes!

1911599-doomsday2.jpg
Doomsday already served his ultimate purpose tho. He was wasted. Should of had his own movie IMO.

Everyone I know has been calling, emailing, and texting to get my take on the movie, so I broke down and saw it.

Didn't hate it, I despised it.

Mostly because my ex-mother-in-law's name was MARTHA (no joke)

This is the MOS thread all over again. IMO, these are two divisive, dull movies that will never have a real concensus between folks who hate it and those who love it.

Movie felt like a 2.5 hr preview for another movie. It wasn't bad and it was entertaining in parts but overall i walked out of the cinema just going meh.
The action scenes were good, Affleck made a good Batman, WW was pretty good, I would have liked to have seen more of Irons as Alfred and I actually thought Lex was pretty good (dont know enough about the character to say whether it was true representation or not).
Superman was very underdone. If there was meant to an internal struggle regarding god vs man, passive vs active or anything else it really didnt come out. In gerneral the movie just seemed to gloss iver stuff, which is kind if weird with its run time. I didn't get the 'dark and gritty' vibe that many were talking about. It was dark in that it was shot at night, and it seemed to take its self quite seriously but there certainly wasnt anything ultra realistic or profound in there.
The pacing was odd and some of the scene jumps were annoying (not as bad as MoS).
The one thing that really stood out was 'lets team up moment' when Batman learns their mum's have the same name. The only worse converstion moment that I can think of on film is when Anakin thrns to the dark side. It was really jarring that a guy who decided that this was the ultimate threat to the planet , and then psyched himself up for the mother of all fights (hell yeah pun! ) just suddenly goes "my mum has the same name, lets be bros".

Overall, enjoyable enough CBM and keft me hopeful for SS, JL and hopefully a Affkeck Batman, but i wouldnt rush back to see it in a hurry.

Does anyone know what the graffiti on the wall said just before Bats threw Supes down the stairwell?

This is the MOS thread all over again. IMO, these are two divisive, dull movies that will never have a real concensus between folks who hate it and those who love it.

I think it's only that polarized with the diehard comic fans. I certainly didn't hate it, but found it surprisingly dull for a movie loaded with superheroes/villains.

The production design didn't impress me and I thought the score was pretty cheesy.
Fishburne, Irons, and other supporting cast were solid.
Affleck showed he's got the chops to play Batwayne, even if his characterization was pretty shallow.
The script was a choppy mess, but given all the ground WB needed to cover I can't see how fitting so much plot into a single movie could've borne much different results.
I suspect a lot of the audience felt "Cool ... what's next?"
Which is more of a "meh" reaction than a passionate love or hate.

I would've tweaked a scene in the ending, though:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:monkey3

__

So if the Kryptonian DNA mixed with Lex's human DNA created DD, does that mean that if Lois Lane gets pregnant, she'll give birth to a mini Doomsday?

Zod was dead, the ship Ai warned about bringing back to life that would lead to an abomination (lol).
BTW I hope Supes doesnt come back by himself, because Why Zod couldnt?

The deleted scene is awesome.
I figured that Lex gaines access to a lot of knowledge and that he kinda lost his mind because of it in the end (still hate the snotty crazy face) but its cool to actually see it.

BTW What did Michael Shannon did actually on set? Mocap?
He said he recorded lines too i think...

Also to think of it im pretty surprised that Snyder Greenlighted the Doomsday final design.
Its pretty tame and in the end does not really go all the way to look like in the comics.

The final shot is not very smart.
Its like yur still processing the death, and even if ypu know he is coming back to actually see that kinda kills the mood.
I would scrap it or put it after the credits.... Bah just scrap it.

I thought Batman not killing and not branding Lex was a reflection of his line "I'm not gonna fail him in death".

Maybe Superman's sacrifice changed Batman's "tired, don't give a ****" idiosyncrasy and made him go back to his old moral code.

I have thought of that and yeah, probably what I'm going to hold on to as his rationale for not doing it. :lol

I would say that killing is a million times worse then just branding and why would branding by Batman be a death sentence in jail anyways, all it means is that you got caught by Batman.

Criminals don't get killed in jail just because they were caught by regular cops.

The line sounds great but really doesn't make much sense. :lol

On the way home from the theater my wife pumped her fist in the air with a Wonder Woman scream. :lol

My girl did the same thing coming out of the theater.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

__

:lol

That's the stuff.

Note: Folks like corny loud synth music laid over what's supposed to be poignant scenes.

I think it's only that polarized with the diehard comic fans. I certainly didn't hate it, but found it surprisingly dull for a movie loaded with superheroes/villains.

The production design didn't impress me and I thought the score was pretty cheesy.
Fishburne, Irons, and other supporting cast were solid.
Affleck showed he's got the chops to play Batwayne, even if his characterization was pretty shallow.
The script was a choppy mess, but given all the ground WB needed to cover I can't see how fitting so much plot into a single movie could've borne much different results.
I suspect a lot of the audience felt "Cool ... what's next?"
Which is more of a "meh" reaction than a passionate love or hate.

I would've tweaked a scene in the ending, though:

Spoiler Spoiler:

__

:lol :lol :lol

Finally saw it last night. From a neutral fan who has liked Man of Steel and generally most Batman movies and animated movies--I thought the movie was mediocre. I was expecting to love Ben as Batman but I ended up really liking Superman more. Wonder Woman was pretty cool. I thought Lex had some terrible lines and he was too quirky it was actually obnoxious. This director has had Superman be careless in the cost of lives his battles resulted in and now a Batman that clearly kills people. I don't know why they bothered to market Aquaman at all that was pointless. Doomsday looked like one of the new ninja turtles...I really wished he wasn't shoe-horned into the movie I thought he deserved a more focused storyline and build-up.

I thought the action scenes were done pretty well. It was cool to see the three of them on the screen fighting together. I think the first hour or so was a little dull...but it doesn't deserve a 31 rating on RT I'd say more like 60.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back