Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back I liked I can see what people people were saying about the chopped feel in the beginning , but I proudly say this is the last time I ever ever watch or read a review.

It's time I made up my own mind and exercise my own free will and make my own choices.

I saw something at the theatre I don't think l have ever seen before and it was not in the movie but in the audience everybody from every where was there full house. Black white Indian Arab young old men women children these characters have touched and made an impact on all sorts of people and that was a sight to be hold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I want to see what happens with Civil War. If Winter Soldier is anything to go by, it should be great.

The thing is what if Cap dies and gets a martyr death? I was thinking that during the Superman funeral procession and it was all hitting me. Both movies will have,

- Superman and Cap being osterized and blamed, viewed as vigilantes
- Batman and Iron Man getting ass blasted because their loved ones died by what they perceive as an enemy
- congress/senate whatever the ****ing blowing up
- the post 9/11 war on terror patriot act aesthetic that Iron Man, TDK, TDKR, MoS, Winter Soldier keep recycling
- power rangers lookin' mother ****ers popping in and out of the story
- Wonder Woman = Spider-Man
- both can't resist setting up "the next one, the next movie"
- the misunderstood hero dying in an act of self sacrifice (maybe)

I'm pretty sure Civil War will be better, unless it's a cluster **** too. Should be fun comparing the two movies with basically the same theme.

Would have been crazy if they came out on around same day as originally intended.

I want to see what happens with Civil War. If Winter Soldier is anything to go by, it should be great.

The thing is what if Cap dies and gets a martyr death? I was thinking that during the Superman funeral procession and it was all hitting me. Both movies will have,

- Superman and Cap being osterized and blamed, viewed as vigilantes
- Batman and Iron Man getting ass blasted because their loved ones died by what they perceive as an enemy
- congress/senate whatever the ****ing blowing up
- the post 9/11 war on terror patriot act aesthetic that Iron Man, TDK, TDKR, MoS, Winter Soldier keep recycling
- power rangers lookin' mother ****ers popping in and out of the story
- Wonder Woman = Spider-Man
- both can't resist setting up "the next one, the next movie"
- the misunderstood hero dying in an act of self sacrifice (maybe)

I'm pretty sure Civil War will be better, unless it's a cluster **** too. Should be fun comparing the two movies with basically the same theme.

All too true, they even mentioned how dark this movie is compared to the rest. I can honestly say if this movie gets negative reviews either the Internet will stop or be it positive DC fanboys will crash the Internet crying foul play on reviewers it will be a lose/losez

Just got back I liked I can see what people people were saying about the chopped feel in the beginning , but I proudly say this is the last time I ever ever watch or read a review.

It's time I made up my own mind and exercise my own free will and make my own choices.
I don't give a rat's ass about critics anymore, and this isn't out of spite at all, last night I came back from seeing it twice, having enjoyed myself a lot, and looked at the RT score and it was surreal, it just didn't click, it was pretty confusing, I started to wonder what had I missed from the movie that made it so horrible, what plot sinking hole had I overlooked or what disgusting creative decision I hadn't seen that made BvS such a tragedy? And I couldn't think of anything, sure some flaws here and there, structural and creative, nothing major and certainly nothing deal breaking... It was today after the 3rd screening that I realized this movie just didn't get a fair shot with critics, and I'm not even going to bother and try to figure out why, call it Disney shilling, Marvel favoritism, Snyder hate, terrible marketing, or whatever, doesn't matter, critics had it in for the movie from the beginning, or maybe the movie really is a hard sell for even the comic book fans, but one thing is clear to me, that doesn't mean this movie is bad at all, it's the complete opposite imo.

I don't give a rat's ass about critics anymore, and this isn't out of spite at all, last night I came back from seeing it twice, having enjoyed myself a lot, and looked at the RT score and it was surreal, it just didn't click, it was pretty confusing, I started to wonder what had I missed from the movie that made it so horrible, what plot sinking hole had I overlooked or what disgusting creative decision I hadn't seen that made BvS such a tragedy? And I couldn't think of anything, sure some flaws here and there, structural and creative, nothing major and certainly nothing deal breaking... It was today after the 3rd screening that I realized this movie just didn't get a fair shot with critics, and I'm not even going to bother and try to figure out why, call it Disney shilling, Marvel favoritism, Snyder hate, terrible marketing, or whatever, doesn't matter, critics had it in for the movie from the beginning, or maybe the movie really is a hard sell for even the comic book fans, but one thing is clear to me, that doesn't mean this movie is bad at all, it's the complete opposite imo.
It did not click with me at first, but I can see how they approach these movies it's their job and they look at it with a different set of eyes then the typical movie goer. Yes I can see were the faults were we are not blind, but I only have one rule not to quote bat man , but the only thing I care about is was I entertained or not period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Hey, speaking of Alexander Luthor and I want your opinions please.

Given Mcu villain syndrome, can we not deny the fact that Lex in its own right despite his flaws everyone gracefully pointed out, actually reflected totally what a villains conviction's should be? Everyone crucifies Marvels villains for being to soft, but we cannot deny the notion that he actually did and stirred the pot too dammed good.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm on the same boat. Done with critics. Just done.

To me, it feels like critics have a particular set of rules they expect these movies to adhere to, and another set for other films, and Snyder kind of lit their rule book on fire, and I don't think they responded very well to that. This is kind of an experimental movie, in a lot of ways. Just in terms of story structure, plot threads, and everything else. It's truly unlike any comic book film I've ever seen.

I can understand why people wouldn't respond well to a lot of his editing choices, but I do not think this is just some amateur who doesn't know how to do his job. Everything in there, from Pa Kent to Bruce Wayne's nightmares, felt very deliberate, and I can't say that makes them objectively bad.

Watch Captain America Civil War get like 9.5/10 or best movie of all time. DC fans will break the Internet and maybe sabotage the movie. That's even if North Korea doesn't start WW3 before then [emoji51]

Given Mcu villain syndrome, can we not deny the fact that Lex in its own right despite his flaws everyone gracefully pointed out, actually reflected totally what a villains conviction's should be? Everyone crucifies Marvels villains for being to soft, but we cannot deny the notion that he actually did and stirred the pot too dammed good.

He was the unique type of villain that you truly just despise. So often, you get the term "love to hate," and that was not the case here. He was a sniveling, pretentious worm who would murder thousands of people to satisfy his own hubris (I'm including all of the people Doomsday's energy blasts wipe out, as Luthor is directly responsible for unleashing him on the world).

Going to watch this movie again in a few weeks and in 3D. Only paid $4.95 the first time, before noon, at 10 am. Such a glorious movie.

Agreed, the way he made Superman kneel by throwing pics of Ma Kent to the floor was great. He was an excellent villain, he was no Lex Luthor but he was excellent nonetheless.

"And now god bows to my will" God dammit.... I love that.

To me, it feels like critics have a particular set of rules they expect these movies to adhere to, and another set for other films, and Snyder kind of lit their rule book on fire, and I don't think they responded very well to that. This is kind of an experimental movie, in a lot of ways. Just in terms of story structure, plot threads, and everything else. It's truly unlike any comic book film I've ever seen.

I can understand why people wouldn't respond well to a lot of his editing choices, but I do not think this is just some amateur who doesn't know how to do his job. Everything in there, from Pa Kent to Bruce Wayne's nightmares, felt very deliberate, and I can't say that makes them objectively bad.
Well said, I'm very curious to see that director's cut now.

Watch Captain America Civil War get like 9.5/10 or best movie of all time. DC fans will break the Internet and maybe sabotage the movie. That's even if North Korea doesn't start WW3 before then [emoji51]
I'm pretty hyped about CW and obviously they're gonna kill with critics, they'll be fine :lol

He was the unique type of villain that you truly just despise. So often, you get the term "love to hate," and that was not the case here. He was a sniveling, pretentious worm who would murder thousands of people to satisfy his own hubris (I'm including all of the people Doomsday's energy blasts wipe out, as Luthor is directly responsible for unleashing him on the world).
I can't help but to think this unrecognizable Luthor works in this universe, but I wonder what a classic Luthor would've brought to the table, and how would they do an Edward Nigma now that Luthor is basically that.

When this movie was announced I had a feeling it wouldn't be that great. I didn't like man of steel just to be fair. However even after reading everyone's reviews I will be seeing it Sunday morning. I am interested to see afflecks batman.

When this movie was announced I had a feeling it wouldn't be that great. I didn't like man of steel just to be fair. However even after reading everyone's reviews I will be seeing it Sunday morning. I am interested to see afflecks batman.

Go with a veeeery open mind and try to get rid of expectations of what these characters are, is the advice I can give you :lol

I'm pretty hyped about CW and obviously they're gonna kill with critics, they'll be fine :lol

Given that they liked that crap called THOR: THE DARK WORLD - a movie that in no universe deserves to be certified fresh (even the film's director hated it) & that garbage of a movie called IRON MAN 3 (which Marvel literally apologized for via ALL HAIL THE KING) I can honestly expect the critics to give CIVIL WAR a B even if it is an astonishingly awful movie. I doubt it'll suck since The Russos delivered the fantastic WINTER SOLDIER and I expect them to deliver again and maybe even top themselves.

Agreed, the way he made Superman kneel by throwing pics of Ma Kent to the floor was great. He was an excellent villain, he was no Lex Luthor but he was excellent nonetheless.

"And now god bows to my will" God dammit.... I love that.

Well said, I'm very curious to see that director's cut now.

I can't help but to think this unrecognizable Luthor works in this universe, but I wonder what a classic Luthor would've brought to the table, and how would they do an Edward Nigma now that Luthor is basically that.

Speaking of which, have these been posted, yet?

Amazon.com: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition Blu-ray + Theatrical Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack): Movies & TV

Amazon.com: Batman v Superman: DOJ (Amazon-Exclusive) (Batman Figurine) (Ultimate Edition Blu-ray + Theatrical Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet Combo Pack): Movies & TV

Amazon.com: Batman v Superman: DOJ (Amazon-Exclusive) (Superman Figurine) (Ultimate Edition Blu-ray + Theatrical Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet Combo Pack): Movies & TV

Amazon.com: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition Blu-ray + Theatrical Blu-ray + 3D-Blu-Ray + UltraViolet Combo Pack): Movies & TV

It's crazy that we already have a release date, and it's cool how they're including the extended edition in every copy of the film.

Back