Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man that must be cool as ****, I wish they taught us about Mythology in school, we got a little but so little, we didn't even get proper Aztec/Mayan mythology and that **** is awesome too.

Believe it or not, what little foreign mythology we got was in our...theology class. Yep, they had chapters on ancient religions there, so they contained some mythological elements from other countries. I wish the books were more diverse and contained things from all over the world, but eh, what can you do?

I did look into the Mayans and stuff a bit a few years back, and they were really damn interesting. Honestly, all mythologies are interesting, just to see the difference between the civilizations.

Well it was Terrio who said it, not Snyder, and Terrio is taking specific aspects of mythological characters, from greek mythology to be exact, and infused them into the characters.

Personally, I don't think we've still seen the DCEU. We've only seen the Snyderverse, and I'm reserving judgement unti WW and Batman roll around. Until then, I'm gonna keep on slamming Snyder and praising Batfleck. :lol

Man, tough for you then, cause I don't think he's going anywhere, or I hope he's not :lol sorry to hear that.

But hey, I'm sure they'll reboot it eventually, someone will come along to make the perfect Superman movie, someone who understands Supes much much better than Snyder like you and me do, I'm waiting for that too, but in the meantime, I've decided to enjoy the ride.

Eh, I guess you're right, it's not worth getting hung-up on such trivial things. My preferred Tony is Fraction and Ellis's, but thyy obviously went with Ultimate Tony in the MCU, yet I still somewhat enjoy him. Guess I've got to do that with the DCEU too...

PS: DC will be releasing the full slate of REBIRTH titles today, woo! I'm hoping for a Luthor led "Super-Man" and Jonathan Hickman on New Gods. He tweeted that he's working on something DC related with REBIRTH, so I'm beyond stoked to learn what it is!

Believe it or not, what little foreign mythology we got was in our...theology class. Yep, they had chapters on ancient religions there, so they contained some mythological elements from other countries. I wish the books were more diverse and contained things from all over the world, but eh, what can you do?
Yeah, makes sense, it's religion after all.

Right now I'm trying to delve into Indian mythology. Shiva is the ****.

I did look into the Mayans and stuff a bit a few years back, and they were really damn interesting. Honestly, all mythologies are interesting, just to see the difference between the civilizations.
Can you recommend any cool stories? From any mythology. Kind of like the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is my favorite.

Personally, I don't think we've still seen the DCEU. We've only seen the Snyderverse, and I'm reserving judgement unti WW and Batman roll around. Until then, I'm gonna keep on slamming Snyder and praising Batfleck. :lol
As far as I understand, the DCEU is everything; comics, shows, movies, everything.

The current movies are "DC Films".

PS: DC will be releasing the full slate of REBIRTH titles today, woo! I'm hoping for a Luthor led "Super-Man" and Jonathan Hickman on New Gods. He tweeted that he's working on something DC related with REBIRTH, so I'm beyond stoked to learn what it is!
Yup, at Wondercon right? I'm excited to see what's up too, and JL#50 can't come soon enough.

Yeah, makes sense, it's religion after all.

Right now I'm trying to delve into Indian mythology. Shiva is the ****.

Can you recommend any cool stories? From any mythology. Kind of like the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is my favorite.

Well, since what I know is mostly from Ancient Greece, I'll go with some Tragedies and Comedies. Be warned though, Aristofanes is a perverted dude. Giant cocks, lots and lots of swearing, his works are full of that. It's political satire and it's smart, but he's kinda raunchy. Anyway, here we go:

Trojans: It's about the Trojan women after the war, and how they're adjusting to the grim reality of being sold as slaves and such. It's not a happy play/book, but it's engrossing.

The Birds: The women decide to blackmail the men by denying them sex, in order to make them ceaze the Peolloponesian War. It's a comedy and it's the most famous of Aristophanes' works. It's more political satire than comedy in today's meaning though.

The Acharnians: Again by the loely fellow above, and again dealing with the War, this one focuses on the life of an average joe who decides to take matters in his own hands, and stop the war through talking to both sides. Somehow, he gains a private treaty, and while the world is going to hell, he spends his days like a king. It's meant to satirize the whole "what do I care if the guy next to me is suffering, I've got all I need" attitude.

I can't remember anything else now since there's always the matter of translatting the titles to English, and it's been a year or so since I last read such stories or went to the threatre.

As far as I understand, the DCEU is everything; comics, shows, movies, everything.

The current movies are "DC Films".

Yup, at Wondercon right? I'm excited to see what's up too, and JL#50 can't come soon enough.

I seem to remember them saying that the Cinematic Universe is no the Extended Universe, so as to not have any connections with the MCU name. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, at today's Wondercon. I'm just dying to see what Hickman's working on.

Well, since what I know is mostly from Ancient Greece, I'll go with some Tragedies and Comedies. Be warned though, Aristofanes is a perverted dude. Giant cocks, lots and lots of swearing, his works are full of that. It's political satire and it's smart, but he's kinda raunchy. Anyway, here we go:

Trojans: It's about the Trojan women after the war, and how they're adjusting to the grim reality of being sold as slaves and such. It's not a happy play/book, but it's engrossing.

The Birds: The women decide to blackmail the men by denying them sex, in order to make them ceaze the Peolloponesian War. It's a comedy and it's the most famous of Aristophanes' works. It's more political satire than comedy in today's meaning though.

The Acharnians: Again by the loely fellow above, and again dealing with the War, this one focuses on the life of an average joe who decides to take matters in his own hands, and stop the war through talking to both sides. Somehow, he gains a private treaty, and while the world is going to hell, he spends his days like a king. It's meant to satirize the whole "what do I care if the guy next to me is suffering, I've got all I need" attitude.

I can't remember anything else now since there's always the matter of translatting the titles to English, and it's been a year or so since I last read such stories or went to the threatre..
Thanks, added to my list. I hope you don't me asking for this stuff from time to time, it's what I read most, mythology, lately.

Well, I saw it, and I thought it was a very entertaining movie. I didn't really understand much of what was going on but the visuals and action, and even the acting was much better than most Superhero movies out there. To me, the third act was The Wolverine level bad, had the film remained about BvS with Lex pulling the strings I think the movie would have been a lot better.

Everyone wants to see a solo Affleck movie after this, and so do I, I really liked him and Irons in their respective roles but this movie really just made me want to see Cavill in another solo Superman film with more to work with. I don't think Zach cares much about the Superman character and it really shows in this film, so many things they touch on but never fully explore with him.

My head tells me this movie is about a 6/10 but my heart saids 7/10, it very unique and refreshing, but also had a lot of terrible stuff in it too.

I don't think this hurts the DCU and I'm actually excited to see what Snyder does with JL.

I hope the darker tone remains, but WB needs to slow down because this movie definitely doesn't feel like it should be the second movie in a franchise.

Edit: oh and while this might be weird, Perry White was my favorite character in the movie :lol I really enjoyed every scene he was in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can someone explain grannys peach tea to me?

It was a threat.

LL: Can I call you June?
SF: Call me whatever you want, take a bucket of piss and call it "granny's peach tea", take a weapon of assassination and call it "deterrence". You're not fooling me. KRYPTONITE BLOCKED!

At the hearing.
LL: You are gonna be in the hot seat in there June....
SF: Blah blah blah *sees jar of something* *freezes* *turns it around* *it says "granny's peach tea", *Luthor's seat empty*... Absolute MadMan he actually did it.
KABOOOM!

That's pretty much it.

I saw someone post her line out of context and I cringed. Then I saw the movie and I was like "that's ****ing awesome.":lol

I saw someone post her line out of context and I cringed. Then I saw the movie and I was like "that's ****ing awesome.":lol

The whole scene was brilliant, and so ****ing sad, I teared up a couple of times in this movie, and one of them was seeing Supes in the verge of tears there...

The whole scene was brilliant, and so ****ing sad, I teared up a couple of times in this movie, and one of them was seeing Supes in the verge of tears there...

Yeah, like, when he left Lois, I was like is this his "Spider-Man suit in the trash can" moment. He seemed to actually come away from the events of MoS having learned something, and he was being a better Superman, and then they rain down all that **** on him, and he just feels totally disheartened. The courtroom scene was jawdropping just based on the coldness of it all. That look on Superman's face as he's standing in the fire is just painful.

Yeah, like, when he left Lois, I was like is this his "Spider-Man suit in the trash can" moment. He seemed to actually come away from the events of MoS having learned something, and he was being a better Superman, and then they rain down all that **** on him, and he just feels totally disheartened. The courtroom scene was jawdropping just based on the coldness of it all. That look on Superman's face as he's standing in the fire is just painful.

Sadman ;_;

Cavill' s Clark Kent was different too. Perry gave him one assignment, cover the sports thing and he never did it. I was like dude, you can move faster than the speed of sound, cover the story and get on with it.

Cavill' s Clark Kent was different too. Perry gave him one assignment, cover the sports thing and he never did it. I was like dude, you can move faster than the speed of sound, cover the story and get on with it.
I was reminded of the excellent Kurt Busiek Astro City comic introducing "the Samaritan." Snyder Superman is not like that character.

I feel like he did change significantly between both films and I don't understand why he is still getting so much hate. He's visibly anguished over the fact that he missed Wally's bomb at the senate hearing, he goes to great lengths to help whoever he can, almost at the cost of his job and his relationship, dropping things at a moment's notice to save a girl in a burning building in a totally different country.

The one that immediately comes to mind for me is Luthor. Even after everything he's done, between Africa and the hearing and Martha and Lois; he still saves him when Doomsday goes after him. This guy killed hundreds of people, almost murdered his mother and the woman he loves, and unleashes a monster that killed thousands more, yet, when that same beast was about to murder its creator, he saved the biggest monster of them all.

I'm sure I'll get the usual cynical responses about Superman "only killing civilians" or something, but I truly believe that, by the time we reached his death, it felt earned, which is something I didn't expect to be able to say.

@ JAWS :hi5: (I enjoyed the trinity fight better 2nd time around so we're pretty damn cloned on this one!)

I'm just going to come out and say it, that piss jar scene is hands down one of the best plans I have seen done by a villain in any modern superhero comic book movie. The senator started with her rough and tumble persona by saying that she has wrestled pigs on a farm and 1 minute later she was paralyzed in fear knowing something bad was about to happen AND not even the GOD standing 15 feet across from her could do anything about it!

That's a spider on your steering wheel while you're driving level of fear!

C'mon, that's some good villain **** right there!

Last edited:
Back