Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your idea is pretty good, though. Definitely better than showing it twice, imho. Maybe I just don't like that shot of the goofy-looking kid falling down. :lol

Yeah, that shot with kid Bruce screaming in the foreground is a terrible shot. It's unintentionally funny and killed the mood they were going for in that scene for me. Showing the flashbacks again was lame too, but I understand spelling it out for audiences that are too stupid to remember the beginning of the movie. Nolan did that same, tacky **** too with the frivolous flashbacks in the Dark Knight Rises.

The Martha thing didn't work for me, but I think it could have if it was done a different way. I love the way Affleck plays it though, like "what did you say!?" The way he looks at Superman is like, does Bruce think he's tripping balls again like he has throughout the movie or is Superman just ****ing with him? It's well done.

I know where they were going with it (humanizing Superman with his mom and the same name so Batman can relate), but something, either the flashbacks to the beginning or Lois Lane coming to the rescue for the thousandth time right in the moment just didn't do it for me. It's a good idea though.

I hadn't even considered that, but that is an awesome observation.
Snyder maybe can't tell a story with words, but he sure can with pictures... Maybe he does have autism, I'm not even kidding.

I need to watch MoS again now. I barely remember it :lol

No need :lol I know MoS is tough on you guys so here it is.

I don't think they'll kill the joker in SS. He's way too popular, but I wouldn't mind Batman branding the Joker's forehead...getting rid of that stupid tattoo :lol The Luthor/Batman in jail scene felt out of place, considering how at that point they were focusing on the funeral and then we see Bruce and Diana talking...or was that before the jail scene?

Yeah, I liked the funeral too and the black casket with the silver logo. I also loved when Batman said to Superman, "Martha won't die tonight"...I think that's what he said...or was it, "I won't let Martha die"? Either way, it was so good. I bet Kevin Smith was crying when he saw that :lol

That whole funeral sequence was just so perfect. I loved the parallel between Clark Kent's funeral and Superman's, and, I don't know what it is, but Amazing Grace on Bagpipes is an easy way to turn me into a sappy chump.:lol

Yeah, that shot with kid Bruce screaming in the foreground is a terrible shot. It's unintentionally funny and killed the mood they were going for in that scene for me. Showing the flashbacks again was lame too, but I understand spelling it out for audiences that are too stupid to remember the beginning of the movie. Nolan did that same, tacky **** too with the frivolous flashbacks in the Dark Knight Rises.

The Martha thing didn't work for me, but I think it could have if it was done a different way. I love the way Affleck plays it though, like "what did you say!?" The way he looks at Superman is like, does Bruce think he's tripping balls again like he has throughout the movie or is Superman just ****ing with him? It's well done.

I know where they were going with it (humanizing Superman with his mom and the same name so Batman can relate), but something, either the flashbacks to the beginning or Lois Lane coming to the rescue for the thousandth time right in the moment just didn't do it for me. It's a good idea though.

Kid Batman's "cousin Oliver" haircut doesn't help much. :lol

I made my wife watch MOS, and she thanked me since the whole movie made sense to her, in all reality I totally love how they implemented it as the opening act for this movie. It has the best integration by far
I loved the opening tag.

"The day the world was introduced to the Superman."

I heard sobbings, loud sobbings in this scene on my screenings, I teared up a bit but I was weirded out.

At this exact point I turned to the people I was with and said "as soon as the screen goes to black and the credits roll, I want us to get up and get the hell out of here and beat everyone to the exit".

The theater was packed.

At this exact point I turned to the people I was with and said "as soon as the screen goes to black and the credits roll, I want is to get up and get the hell out of here".

Well, I did do that, but because I knew there are no after credits :lol lots of people stayed. Sucks that we're so trained to wait for after credit scenes, but this is the way it should be imo, teasers and everything should be inside the movie, not outside.

At this exact point I turned to the people I was with and said "as soon as the screen goes to black and the credits roll, I want us to get up and get the hell out of here and beat everyone to the exit".

The theater was packed.

That is why you sit back row closest to the exists :lol

Someone said there were nothing after the credits last night. I thank you whoever said it. I was like, no end credits... so lets go go go!

That is why you sit back row closest to the exists :lol

Someone said there were nothing after the credits last night. I thank you whoever said it. I was like, no end credits... so lets go go go!

Add on to this.... usually we are the first to leave the theater, but this old man just ****** sprinted to the doors and cut us off. Doesn't hold the doors open either. Just ran out.

Watched this earlier today and I liked it. There were parts that seemed to drag a bit but overall it was good. Also the theater experience was horrible so that may have dampened the overall experience. I will never go opening weekend again, people refuse to control their children. Between having my chair kicked and the million questions to their parents it put me in a bad mood :lol my wife snapped at the one kicking her seat and he cried a little :lol

I personally would have liked a couple of movies to build up to this one but oh well. They also threw everything including the kitchen sink at this. From the metas to Doomsday, to the mulitverse, the death of story arc. That was just the last hour.

I saw it in it's entirety with the family. I absolutely hated it. :lol

This is really an odd experience for me because I had been seeing bits and pieces of this thing since the fall as some of you know. I was privy to a bunch of spoilers and got to see the "best" scenes that weren't being shown in the trailers and such thanks to an insider, a good friend. The only thing I didn't know about was the ending with Superman and Doomsday, nor did he. So once everything is in context, man oh man, what a **** show. I will never see this movie again.

Oh dear. :lol

Why is everyone bashing Snyder? Does everyone forget the executive producers are Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas? This is practically their movie, edits, cuts, music, sound all depending on funding they allow. So who's to blame?

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Snyder.

That's like holding Spielberg solely responsible for Transformers 3.

This thing where each sequel has to out do the last movie with high stakes also bugs me. I yearn for a smaller Batman story or Superman movie but we're never going to get that.

Look how humble Batman 1989 and The Dark Knight look in comparison to Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice. Instead of the hero climbing up a Cathedral all battered and beaten or trying to stop two ferries from blowing up during a hostage situation you have THE CITY IS GOING TO BLOW UP, A GIANT ALIEN INVASION IS HAPPENING and DOOOMSDAY an' NUKES. Tone it down. I've mentioned the same thing with the Marvel movies. Thankfully instead of an Alien invaded New York or a giant Sokovia island meteor impacting earth, you have Earth's Mightiest heroes duking it out in an airport. Or so it seems.

Here's hoping Suicide Squad is good. Honestly, as long as they tell an actual story and it isn't a disjointed mess, it can't be as bad as BvS. It's a great concept and I hope they follow through with it.

:exactly: :exactly:

The world doesn't have to be in jeopardy every single time.

My Review....

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is a misguided directorial attempt by Zach Snyder. A man who thrives on visuals, action, and his unique vision and touch he adds on to a movie; is also a man who struggles at putting together a coherent, flowing story. BvS is technically not a good movie. It is a deeply flawed picture with issues in almost every scene. BvS is not fun and comes across as being too serious. Even then, it fails at being too serious. BvS tried to be its own, yet still goes the Marvel path in its attempt at jokes that fall flat. BvS jumps around from scene to scene and added on minutes upon minutes of unnecessary content. Yet with all these issues and faults.....

Batman vs Superman was an enjoyable movie that I somehow ended up liking.

Zach Snyder somehow made this a good movie and a flawed movie. Yet, he should not be allowed to direct another DC comic film again. The definition of direct is "without intervening factors or intermediaries." Zach does not know this. Let him work the camera, have some scenes, and have him maybe be a consultant of sorts. I don’t know, but please leave him out of the direction of the movie. That is BvSs biggest issue. Scenes that don't flow. Scenes that cut to something else every minute. Scenes that are used over and over again. Scenes that fell misplaced and interrupt momentum. Scenes that are entirely unnecessary to the plot and yet are thrown in for unknown reasons.

No one laughed, clapped, or cheered at all in my theater. Everyone wanted to get out pretty quick. Overall feel of disappointment in the theater.

Spoilers Begin Here

What I didn’t understand or would have changed
-They showed the death of Bruce’s parents twice… twice. I would have started the movie with Superman since it is a Superman sequel. Remove the death of the Wayne’s from the beginning and only keep the flashback scene during the Batman vs Superman battle

-Bruce Wayne driving a Jeep Renegade through the street of Metropolis. He had plenty of time to get his bat suit and Batmobile since Gotham was just a few miles away. Made no sense and would have been nice to see Batman in the day for once.

-The Knightmare sequence needed to be removed. It served no pointless at all.

-Wonder Woman looking through the Justice League files right before the hyped up Batman vs Superman fight. It ruined the momentum of the film. After Wonder Woman steals the drive and drives off, have her crack the encryption and show her looking through the Justice League files then. Would have flowed much better. Then she can still give it back Batman and have Batman still send the email saying he has a general idea what she is.

-Batman throwing the kryptonite spear away. He wouldn’t have done that.

-Lois Lane investigating the bullet and being in the desert. Pointless scene. Delete all of that.

-Lois Lane and Superman kissing in the bath tub. Pointless scene.

-Lois Lane flying off to the fight after being saved once. Delete that.

-Lois Lane trying to get the Kryptonite spear and knowing that it can stop Doomsday. Delete that.

-Lois Lane needing to be saved again in the middle of the fight. Ruins the momentum. Delete that.

-Lois Lane and Superman kissing in the middle of the fight. Ruins the momentum. Delete that.

-Lois Lane opening the package up at the end of the film. Pointless scene. Delete that.

-Actually, just take out Lois Lane entirely. This is Batman vs Superman. Not Batman vs Superman and Lois Lane.

-Superman basically coming back to life at the end of the film. Leave him dead. Don’t tease anything. Save his “epic” return for Justice League.

Characters
Batman – Damn fine performance from Affleck. I still like Bale, but Affleck did a wonderful job as both Bruce and Batman. Perfect.

Alfred – Perfect.

Wonder Woman – Perfect.

Superman – Surprisingly I thought he delivered a very strong performance. Much better in this than MoS.

Lois Lane – I hate everything she was in. She and Snyder ruined what could have been a great movie.

Lex Luthor – Loved his lines. Performed the character to the best of his abilities. I actually liked this Lex who I bashed and bashed non-stop. I hope to see a evolved Lex in future installments.

Things I Loved
Pretty much everything from the Justice League files to the end of the movie (minus Lois Lane). Reminded me a lot of Attack of the Clones. Terrible, terrible first half, but it ends on a really strong note. Includes the BvS fight, why they stopped fighting, the Doomsday fight....

Everything Batman and Wonder Woman

Justice League Files and Lex naming them.

Things that were okay/good
Superman

Majority of Lex Luthor scenes.

Things I Hated
Zach Snyder and his CGI ****.

Lois Lane

The flow and scene placement

Verdict
A movie with a lot of potential. A movie that I will gladly see again, but it will always be at Attack of the Clones level. Crappy love scenes, crappy graphics, but a last half that kicks ***. I might even see this movie again and look forward to the director's cut.

I honestly think I could make this movie flow much, much better and make it a better movie. Hopefully someone cuts scenes and rearranges them, will make this movie what it could have been.

What the...I don't know what to say.

This movie has the potential it's there, it's perfect.

BTW Man of Steel is 9.99 on iTunes.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

This movie has the potential it's there, it's perfect.

I don't think I'd call it perfect, it's far from perfect, it has problems that a director's cut can't fix. But a director's cut can make it a lot better and honestly, I want to see more. Having said that, it's not perfect, but some of its imperfections make it very interesting. Like Luthor.

I don't think I'd call it perfect, it's far from perfect, it has problems that a director's cut can't fix. But a director's cut can make it a lot better and honestly, I want to see more. Having said that, it's not perfect, but some of its imperfections make it very interesting. Like Luthor.

Here's the problem with reviewers today.

They compare everything to something they know rather make it stand alone as soon as they mentioned this movie is like this or it doesn't have the levity of something it makes them look like a**. Lots of people are loving this movie, lots of fans are raving about this movie, so far this is making it seem like critics for the first ever do not know what they are talking about.

This one of the main reasons Oscars will not nominate this movie genre for a long while.
aae3418a172fd845f82cf12f311bf437.jpg

Back