Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would anyone even think of comparing box office to TFA? As I mentioned to Khev earlier in the thread: "No way." WB certainly isn't expecting those types of numbers (nor should anyone).

I expect the movie will do fine, but the only record it's going to set is the amount of people who pre-judged it. :lol

It's not Vicki Vale.

21xfRBN.jpg

Why would anyone even think of comparing box office to TFA? As I mentioned to Khev earlier in the thread: "No way." WB certainly isn't expecting those types of numbers (nor should anyone).

I expect the movie will do fine, but the only record it's going to set is the amount of people who pre-judged it. :lol

Agreed! It will make $200 million or so opening weekend....then it has a clear path for a month before Civl War so it hould do nicely..timing of release getting more and more important these days.....

Jesus Christ :rotfl

You thought they were basing the story off of Miller's :lol it was literally one of the first things they said they wouldn't do.

Don't get me wrong, valid concerns, but you really can't see why Batfleck managed to win everybody over? I mean, everybody except you obviously. Alright.

No no nah, you misunderstood, what I mean is people expecting the Miller level of story telling, not the story itself. We all knew it wouldn't be THAT story. I am still on the edge about Affleck, mainly because I really do not think much of him as an actor. Right now, after seeing that trailer , he is the least of the films possible problems...

I will have to see this alone or maybe with my son, rest of the family says they do not want to see it in the theater.
:(

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Inside EW's cover | EW.com

Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) is starting to wonder if he ever really saved anyone, or if he just made things worse. “He’s projecting his own sense of failure, his own sense of disillusionment, his own cynicism onto Superman,” Affleck tells EW.
“[Superman’s] weakness is that he doesn’t want to hurt anyone,” says Cavill. “He doesn’t want to scare anyone, and in that you can take advantage of him. This is someone who is a complete amateur, and he’s facing up against someone who is very well versed in the arts of war.”
This corfirms DiFabio's stuff, not that it needs confirmation at this point.
The rage and anxiety of these two characters is manipulated by Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg), a billionaire sociopath with a God complex of his own who takes joy in bringing the powerful to their knees. Luthor not only [slight spoiler alert] orchestrates a mass murder aimed at turning the two heavy hitters against each other but also uses some Kryptonian relics left behind from the Man of Steel aftermath to cook up a cosmic mutant Frankenstein— Doomsday, partially built from the remains of Michael Shannon’s General Zod.
Beneath the action set pieces is an intricate tale of hidden agendas, psychological turmoil, and even some complex theological questions — plus a lot of smashing.

ew-1406-dawn-of-justice-henry.jpg

Flash's terrifying vision? What? Time dissonance/multiverse right out of the gate? :rock

Also, glorious widow's peak.

Jurassic World and TFA were two $200 milion opening weekends within the same calendar year. I don't have the sense that those numbers will be some untouchable thing. It seems like we can see them surpassed at any time (especially if a movie like Deadpool can do $136 million its first three days.) So I figure if BvS can also do $200+ million opening weekend AND the world is more pro-superhero than pro-SW outside of the US that BvS, *if* it turned out good/gets good reviews, might be able to do something approaching TFA numbers. I still stand by that. If it turns out to be a joke (20-45% rottentomatoes, more lolnados, etc) then yeah, forget it.

Jurassic World and TFA were two $200 milion opening weekends within the same calendar year. I don't have the sense that those numbers will be some untouchable thing. It seems like we can see them surpassed at any time (especially if a movie like Deadpool can do $136 million its first three days.) So I figure if BvS can also do $200+ million opening weekend AND the world is more pro-superhero than pro-SW outside of the US that BvS, *if* it turned out good/gets good reviews, might be able to do something approaching TFA numbers. I still stand by that. If it turns out to be a joke (20-45% rottentomatoes, more lolnados, etc) then yeah, forget it.

Does China love Batman and Superman? That's the place that matters the most outside the US. Furious 7 made more money in China than it did in any other country and that's one of the reasons it was able to beat The Avengers. TFA didn't do very well in China, and I don't know if superhero films do well over there.

Given DC's obsession with large-scale retcons, I wonder how long it might be before they start integrating all that into the storylines. Would be kind of cool to have a scene showing the '66 Batman, Schumacher, TV Flash, etc. all as real, but alternate reality versions of the characters we see in the new movies.

It is kind of sad, for me, though, because, for all intents and purposes, the first meeting of these two heroes on the big screen should be a big deal. It should be an event, and it seems like they're fighting an uphill battle just to try to get people's attention, much less their respect.

Well, after the constant Marvel fanboy bashing and brainwashing, I'm surprised to see the movie tracking what it has so far.

It is kind of sad, for me, though, because, for all intents and purposes, the first meeting of these two heroes on the big screen should be a big deal. It should be an event, and it seems like they're fighting an uphill battle just to try to get people's attention, much less their respect.

Meh...I doubt they can do better than the animated series version.

I called and her response was "yep, we still have tickets left." I asked how many; "about 500." I asked how many the theater seated, and she told me "about 560." :lol

:lol:lol:lol

Back