Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly, i'm amazed at how people are so shocked that it's not sold out everywhere. This is NOT The force Awakens. I believe the general public is seeing this as,"oh, ANOTHER superhero movie. cool but nothing unusual". Look, i'm a fan, i'm going to go. I'm hyped for this and to a larger extent Civil War but the general public is not seeing this as a pop culture milestone. WE(meaning the entire comic/toy/videogame/filmbuff/etc. nerd community) will all watch it and if we all watch it it will open big. Add in the general public who all know(and for the most part, like) Superman and Batman and you have a decent sized hit but again, this isn't a huge deal.

Frankly, i'm amazed at how people are so shocked that it's not sold out everywhere. This is NOT The force Awakens. I believe the general public is seeing this as,"oh, ANOTHER superhero movie. cool but nothing unusual". Look, i'm a fan, i'm going to go. I'm hyped for this and to a larger extent Civil War but the general public is not seeing this as a pop culture milestone. WE(meaning the entire comic/toy/videogame/filmbuff/etc. nerd community) will all watch it and if we all watch it it will open big. Add in the general public who all know(and for the most part, like) Superman and Batman and you have a decent sized hit but again, this isn't a huge deal.
I don't think anyone is shocked, simply observing?
:dunno

It is kind of sad, for me, though, because, for all intents and purposes, the first meeting of these two heroes on the big screen should be a big deal. It should be an event, and it seems like they're fighting an uphill battle just to try to get people's attention, much less their respect.

I showed up 5 minutes before The Force Awakens started in my theater and half of it was empty. I think the sold out numbers must apply to big cities. I don't know anyone that's every pre-ordered anything outside an Imax show because I think those sell out quick. I've never been to one though.

Basically. if you weren't born in the 70s/early 80s your a child who knows nothing and whats wrong with the film industry lmao. Atleast that's the vibe I get here in the movie sction.

Ignorance is bliss.

After conversations on here, I realize that I never want to be a film critic.:lol I appreciate a shot being composed in a certain way or whatever, but there's not much take away from that unless I'm trying to compete with other film critics. All it takes is to sit in front of a screen to watch something at the end of the day. A rock can do the same thing. I liked a lot of movies that might be objectively bad from a film-making stand-point, but there's there's that might be "objectively good" and I'd rather watch paint dry. Sometimes I like watching things superficially; sometimes I like an amount of depth, but I'm not consistent at all. I used to watch films from a more critical eye, and it was miserable because I could barely enjoy anything. The folks in my life enjoy a lot of sitcoms and movies that I thought were pretty terrible, but once I stopped having that stupid mindset, I realized I was missing out on a lot of good things.

That's why I don't do the numbers ratings anymore because it doesn't make sense. What does a 8 or 6.5 even mean (heck, some people do stuff like 8.75's and 6.7)? I thought this was art. I think people made some very fair complaints. People on this forum that say this film looks terrible have given valid reasons because I see them as well, but I still like it a lot, but I know if another film did the same thing, I would probably write it off pretty quick. No film is perfect and everyone has different tastes.

"This kid says that Batman's smoke was lined with lead? What the ****?"

old-man-on-computer.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

That's why I don't do the numbers ratings anymore because it doesn't make sense. What does a 8 or 6.5 even mean (heck, some people do stuff like 8.75's and 6.7)? I thought this was art. I think people made some very fair complaints. People on this forum that say this film looks terrible have given valid reasons because I see them as well, but I still like it a lot, but I know if another film did the same thing, I would probably write it off pretty quick. No film is perfect and everyone has different tastes.

I rate flicks on how I enjoy them. A movie can be bad but enjoyable (Hard Target) and also be good and un-enjoyable (Hail, Caesar!).

I rate flicks on how I enjoy them. A movie can be bad but enjoyable (Hard Target) and also be good and un-enjoyable (Hail, Caesar!).

I appreciate it! :) I like numbers if they're used to show overall enjoyment. I use ImdB because that's how the majority of people over there use it, and it's so helpful! I was talking about folks that use them to prove they're smarter or to be competitive. Video game critics would do that all the time and talk about how serious a "10" or whatever score means to them, and how they need a bunch of people to spot-check them. It's so silly! :lol . To each their own, but I think it would make you miserable if you viewed films from such a myopic lens.

Star Wars and Marvel aren't? :lol

Nope, apparently not. This movie seems to have created a new level of silliness.
That Turkish Airways Gotham trailer left the audience in hysterics, at it, not with it.
It could be a cultural thing. This movie (everything that's been seen at least) has a very specific US feel to it.
And in my experience anyway, the trailers, even the good one have been very poorly received by audiences in my part of the world. Any of my mates that are into movies have zero interest in seeing it "except for a laugh".
:dunno

Just checked the cinema here in Dublin out of interest. The main IMAX (only one in Ireland) evening screening is only 3/4 full on day of release. That would be the hardcore fans. Not sure when those tickets went on sale, a couple of days ago?

The Force Awakens was completely booked out in minutes, and for days afterwards.
I called my local theater today to see how many seats were left for their first showing in the XD theater (their largest screen). I live in a decently sized town in Ohio, it's not a huge metropolitan area or anything, but the first Star Wars showing was completely sold out by the time we got around to buying tickets, and Deadpool was packed when I went opening night. Suffice it to say, Batman V Superman being the one I was looking forward to, I had to make sure they weren't sold out. I called and her response was "yep, we still have tickets left." I asked how many; "about 500." I asked how many the theater seated, and she told me "about 560." :lol

To be fair, tickets have only been available for a couple days, but, yeah...I was expecting a little more than that.:lol
It is kind of sad, for me, though, because, for all intents and purposes, the first meeting of these two heroes on the big screen should be a big deal. It should be an event, and it seems like they're fighting an uphill battle just to try to get people's attention, much less their respect.

Nope, apparently not.
Jesus Christ :rotfl

Nothing to be "out of the loop on here". I am calling what I see....
You thought they were basing the story off of Miller's :lol it was literally one of the first things they said they wouldn't do.

Don't get me wrong, valid concerns, but you really can't see why Batfleck managed to win everybody over? I mean, everybody except you obviously. Alright.

It's what people do when they are supposed to be working.
Sorry, it's just that when I actually work I don't sit on the internet and talk about the level of silly in a superhero films.
But I've worked at the office for some time and understand how ****ing boring it can be, don't worry. :lol

__

Stop the press.. who is that?!

12803239_1042359462490866_4490006926015634037_n_zp  siqxtgy23.jpg

Back