Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know where you guys are at but most of my movie theaters are pretty much packed for Thursday night. Only really close seats in the corners are left. I bought deadpool tickets two nights before and got center seats with no problem so if that's any indication this should do well.

So basically everyone who thinks this movie will suck just called their theater and was told that the auditoriums are all empty and the people looking forward to the film are being told that it's sold out. Big shocker. :lol

Does China love Batman and Superman? That's the place that matters the most outside the US. Furious 7 made more money in China than it did in any other country and that's one of the reasons it was able to beat The Avengers. TFA didn't do very well in China, and I don't know if superhero films do well over there.

Yes China loves these guys- only IM may have more appeal but I think SW isn't as big there as Batman...we'll see

I suppose it depends on where your located. But you don't even have to call just click on the time listing and it shows all the seats and which ones have been taken. Ive had my doubts about this movie but after the last trailer and hearing so many people talking about it (My mom asked when it comes out???? She doesn't know the difference between batman and Ironman and could hardly be dragged to a superhero movie) i think its going to do pretty great at the box office.

I'd rather it was the anti-Monitor though.
I, as well. But keep in mind we're talking about the Snyder-verse. And X-Tant is more X-Treme.

Right, Zach?

VYwdKFq.jpg

See, he agrees.

So basically everyone who thinks this movie will suck just called their theater and was told that the auditoriums are all empty and the people looking forward to the film are being told that it's sold out. Big shocker. :lol
:rotfl

For what it's worth, I just checked the Thursday opening seats on Fandango at the local Movie Tavern. And there, for the 6 o'clock show, a little less than half the seats have sold. For the 9:45 show, about 20 seats have been reserved (out of around 180).

Incidentally, this was just posted by Variety:

https://variety.com/2016/film/news/batman-v-superman-box-office-1201721710/

‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Eyes Massive $140 Million Debut

Early tracking suggests that the comic book movie will open to at least $120 million on March 25. Tracking shows massive awareness of the film and audiences report definite interest and intent to see the movie. It should be helped by the fact that it opens on Easter weekend, and if audiences get behind the picture, it could climb as high as $140 million. It will launch across roughly 4,000 domestic locations, and will screen in Imax, Premium Large Format, 3D and 4DX venues, each of them carrying surcharges.

The film brings together some of DC Comics’ most iconic characters in Superman (Henry Cavill), Batman (Ben Affleck) and Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot). Warner Bros., the studio backing the $250 million production, is hoping that the picture will kick off a new string of interconnected superhero sagas. It follows “Batman v Superman” with a super-villains mash-up, “Suicide Squad,” this summer and a “Justice League” adventure next year. Going forward, the studio hopes to release roughly two comic book movies a year, including films centered on the Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.

Warner Bros. is planning a massive global roll-out for the film. It will debut simultaneously across 30,000 screens in nearly every major foreign territory, including China, the world’s second largest movie market. Other top locations include the United Kingdom, Russia, Mexico, Brazil and Japan. It should pull in $200 million overseas, giving the film more than $300 million in global grosses.

Tickets for “Batman v Superman” went on sale Monday. The top domestic opening for a March release is “The Hunger Games,” which bowed to $152.5 million in 2012.

Warner Bros. could use a blockbuster hit. With “Harry Potter” and “The Hobbit” finished, the studio is scrambling to find new franchises to replace the old. In addition to the DC Comics universe, it will return to Potter-world this fall with the spin-off “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.”

Although there has been some concern that the sheer onslaught of movies featuring costumed heroes will lead to superhero fatigue, comic book movies continue to be one of the most popular genres. “Deadpool,” featuring a character that is far less widely known than Batman or Superman, opened to $132.4 million over President’s Day weekend, and expectations are also high for future Marvel films such as “Captain America: Civil War” and “X-Men: Apocalypse.”

"Massive $140 million debut?" That's basically Deadpool. AoU didn't blow people away and it made $187 million. I think WB is really low balling this to try and save themselves from embarrassment. It *should* easily do $180 or more. Unless it's crap of course.

It will make more than $140 million opening weekend- look how wrong the "tracking" probably was on Deadpool- it went FAR FAR above estimates
Surely that Hunger Games high will be shattered with Batman and Superman!!!!

$140 million is not massive at all. :lol
Would put it in the top 10 comic movies of all time.
It will make more than $140 million opening weekend- look how wrong the "tracking" probably was on Deadpool- it went FAR FAR above estimates
Surely that Hunger Games high will be shatettered with Batman and superman!!!!
Inaccurate estimates can go either way.

I say $200 million at least- it's the following weekends are what WB will be most concerned about

"Massive $140 million debut?" That's basically Deadpool. AoU didn't blow people away and it made $187 million. I think WB is really low balling this to try and save themselves from embarrassment. It *should* easily do $180 or more. Unless it's crap of course.

The $140 million tracking isn't from WB, though that would still be the 2nd biggest March opening of all time.

Back