Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

524577_10152685207455533_1672192637_n.jpg

hope goes, the new 52.

So if I get this straight about the only thing this movie has in common with the Dark Knight returns is the battle between Batman and Superman, but the motivations are different were Batman is basically sizing up Superman and letting him know that if he ever decides to turn on the humans that some one will stand up to him. That fight scene should be spectacular

It would be if it's done with real people. Not CGI floppy puppet people flinging themselves around a la Man of Steel.

It would be if it's done with real people. Not CGI floppy puppet people flinging themselves around a la Man of Steel.

True for the *****ing and whining that goes on in this thread I must admit that some parts were poorly rendered CGI, I am hoping that this go around will be better and less or even no use of that.

I was just watching the animation the Dark knight Returns hell if they can make the fighting scenes just as good as that it will look amazing.

I don't know, I think MoS did the CGI perfectly.

I remember back then, nobody (me included) knew or noticed that the cape was completely CGI :lol further more, I remember someone thought baby Kal was CGI :lol when you can't tell the difference between real life and CGI, I think that speaks well of the FX in the movie.

If there's something MoS beats Avengers (or any Marvel movie) on, that's the CGI imo.

I used to think that, but I've come to appreciate movies like Avengers and CTFA a lot more.

I still think MoS is better than most Marvel movies except TWS, GoTG, IM1, TFA and Avengers.

The rest can't compete with MoS imo.

Especially the Thor movies, I've come to dislike them more the more I watch them, they're not terrible but don't exploit the potential of the THor character at it's full.

Although IM 2 is also pretty good.

Marvel movies look cheap, toyish, they feel like Tv shows.
And they are more and more boring with the same formula.
Save for Gotg and the first avenger who look and feel like proper films.
MOS with all its flaws, many, at least is really impressive in its scope, violence, direction, designs.

I see what you mean, they do have a slight "TV show" feel, it's understandable, but it's not bothersome for me.

What? About the TV show feel? :lol why? It's understandable, they got a TV guy to design the blue print for their universe.

I don't think they look cheap though.

What? :lol you don't think they kinda have a slight "TV show" vibe? The way the knit the universe together, plant seeds for later payoffs, much dialogue a la Whedon , and well, the overall lighter feel? I don't mean it in a negative way.

The cinematography and color filters in Smallville were better than MoS, and I thought that show sucked balls.

Why does everyone have to bring up Marvel as soon as someone posts a negative about MOS?

Let the movie stand on it's own two (wobbly) feet for gawds sake.

The CGI muppets didn't work in MOS because the story/narrative/context was just as dumb as the floppy pixel people being battered around the frame for the last 45mins of the film.

The film and the VFX had no weight, ergo you didn't give a flying **** about what was really going on, apart from occasionally saying "that's quite a nice shot", or "that was a cool angle". But because of the pseudo intellectual nature of the film (it was as dumb as ****, but tried to be deep) killed any willingness to accept the silliness of what was being presented on screen.

I agree Marvel movies for the most part feel TV-ish, but they are fun, generally cleverly written with a sense of joy integral to the plot. So rag doll physics don't ruin the moment it's not about the VFX (Hulk bashing Loki being a great example). With MOS it was all about the VFX, because it had little or nothing else going for it after Crowe bit the bullet repeatedly. I personally feel the entire movie would have been a complete disaster without Crowe to give it some integrity. The second half was a mess of poor performances, ridiculous sequences and VFX that ranged from excellent to downright horrible.

Back