Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I've never like Russell Crowe. :lol

He's good at what he does, but yeah - never warmed to the guy at all.

Cavill on the other hand, immediately won me over - it's just a shame he was stuck in a forgettable film.

I've never like Russell Crowe. :lol

He's good at what he does, but yeah - never warmed to the guy at all.

Cavill on the other hand, immediately won me over - it's just a shame he was stuck in a forgettable film.

Cavill was fine, when he was allowed to act. His scene with old crack momma on the steps of Kent manor was great but ruined by said "actress" looking and acting bizarre.

Uh..please don't tell me you're talking about the lovely Diane Lane in that manner? :huh

Diane Lane was in this? Why would they cast that beautiful woman as an old trailer tramp?
Oh wait..

Zack doesn't like old people. Even old characters must be played by young actors. Badly. (See Watchmen also) And yes, I thought Costner was too young for the part too, but at least he gave a good performance, until he was blown away by a CG tornado while waving bye bye to his family and dog.

:lol

Why does everyone have to bring up Marvel as soon as someone posts a negative about MOS?

PMRuB.gif

So.. what are you saying? Diane Lane did a bad job, or that she looked like a scrubber - or both? :huh

Both. She was terrible in MOS. Just cringeworthy. I remember seeing it in a theatre and the audience laughed at her several times through the movie. It's probably not all her fault. But the dodgy make-up, dodgy wig and stupid voice did her no favours. I had previously liked her.

Both. She was terrible in MOS. Just cringeworthy. I remember seeing it in a theatre and the audience laughed at her several times through the movie. It's probably not all her fault. But the dodgy make-up, dodgy wig and stupid voice did her no favours. I had previously liked her.
Well, I've only seen the film once.. & that's not the memory I have of her, but whatever.

I'll never watch it again, so - not to be repetitive, but --> :huh

On second thought, MoS was terrible. But seeing as all the same people are involved in this new movie, I'm sure it will be great. :rotfl

I'm just looking forward to a HT Batfleck figure (hopefully no rubber suit), & a nice die-cast replica of his car, & I'm good. :lol

Everyone else see that Scoot will be wearing Kryptonite shin braces in the new movie?

scoot2BatmanNews.jpg

These must be to compliment the new Superman muscle-suit.

I thought she was terrible, along with everyone else in that movie except for Henry Cavill and Michael Shannon.

Apart from his clothing and makeup, he plays the same character in every movie. ;)
To a certain extent yea, but he plays a perfect angry alien general :lol

I didn’t think he was great either, but I thought he did a fine job along with Henry Cavill. Surprisingly I thought Amy Adams was awful in this movie, and I generally like her in everything I watch her in.

Why does everyone have to bring up Marvel as soon as someone posts a negative about MOS?

Let the movie stand on it's own two (wobbly) feet for gawds sake.

The CGI muppets didn't work in MOS because the story/narrative/context was just as dumb as the floppy pixel people being battered around the frame for the last 45mins of the film.

The film and the VFX had no weight, ergo you didn't give a flying **** about what was really going on, apart from occasionally saying "that's quite a nice shot", or "that was a cool angle". But because of the pseudo intellectual nature of the film (it was as dumb as ****, but tried to be deep) killed any willingness to accept the silliness of what was being presented on screen.

I agree Marvel movies for the most part feel TV-ish, but they are fun, generally cleverly written with a sense of joy integral to the plot. So rag doll physics don't ruin the moment it's not about the VFX (Hulk bashing Loki being a great example). With MOS it was all about the VFX, because it had little or nothing else going for it after Crowe bit the bullet repeatedly. I personally feel the entire movie would have been a complete disaster without Crowe to give it some integrity. The second half was a mess of poor performances, ridiculous sequences and VFX that ranged from excellent to downright horrible.

We all know why Marvel is brought up as soon as something negative about MoS or the DC films in general are brought up. Jealousy. Think about it, Marvel's rate of tent pole/eagerly awaited films are pretty much yearly. DC's are . . . not (but don't worry, after a delay and two date changes with BvS, DC plans on pumping em' out too!)

This year, Marvel killed it with their theatrical releases (met with much financial success and critical acclaim). Good or bad, every year they have something to offer, something to anticipate and enjoy. WB and DC do no such thing. In the span of a decade they've only had two films I've liked/loved and that's of one character. In a shorter time span, Marvel has been able to produce a lot of goodies from a variety of different characters and genres. They have a beating heart. DC on the other hand is cold and writhing on the operation table as it's getting defibrillated by panicked staff that haven't got a clue.

If I were one of those snooty, snobbish DC or Nolan fan bois. I'd be envious too.

I watch both series. I prefer Marvel characters in general, X-Men and Spider-Man being my all-time favorite comic characters (along with most of the world in fact). I didn't collect or buy any DC comics as a kid. Loved the Superman movies, loved the character, didn't care at all for the comics - same for Batman. Don't care how often movies or series are updated, only care about good solid story telling and tight production values.

The fact is that you can compare the last four DC-based movies to any non-superhero contemporary film.

I watch both series. I prefer Marvel characters in general, X-Men and Spider-Man being my all-time favorite comic characters (along with most of the world in fact). I didn't collect or buy any DC comics as a kid. Loved the Superman movies, loved the character, didn't care at all for the comics - same for Batman. Don't care how often movies or series are updated, only care about good solid story telling and tight production values.

The fact is that you can compare the last four DC-based movies to any non-superhero contemporary film.

I’m with you on the Dark Knight Trilogy, but I found MOS to be underwhelming, it doesn’t compare to Iron Man 1 (which actually felt like a movie), or Cap TWS. As much as I didn’t like it, MOS is definitely better than most of Marvels’ bad movies such as, Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor TDW, and The Incredible Hulk.

Last edited:
Back