Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

I am one of the people who likes the movie, but I can't cosign this statement. He did it for Talia. He loved her. I don't think he cared one bit about Ras or the League. It was about Talia. He was crippled trying to save her, and she came back for him. She left the League when Bane was kicked out. And Talia admits she hated Ras and couldn't forgive him for what he did to Bane, until Bruce killed him. That gave her a reason to fight. Bane loved her so he joined her cause. Had her cause been to save puppies, I don't think he would have cared. He was down for whatever she was down for. Which isn't a bad thing.

I always thought it was an ego thing, doing what Ra's couldn't, especially after being shunned by him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you end one movie with Batman driving into the night with a voice over about being hunted and begin the sequel with him in his pajamas and slippers moping around.

WTF.

How do you take the incredible ending from TDK and just throw it into the garbage like that.

How? Why?

I can't stand the explanation that Batman was no longer needed because everyone was in jail so all he did was mope around because he had no purpose.

Alfred made no sense in this movie.

TDK, completely squandered.

How do you end one movie with Batman driving into the night with a voice over about being hunted and begin the sequel with him in his pajamas and slippers moping around.

WTF.

How do you take the incredible ending from TDK and just throw it into the garbage like that.

How? Why?

I can't stand the explanation that Batman was no longer needed because everyone was in jail so all he did was mope around because he had no purpose.

Alfred made no sense in this movie.

TDK, completely squandered.

:lol nah. he was injured from a gun shot and falling many stories wrecking his leg, not to mention all the wear and tear he had being Batman. Its just showing how human he is. Sure it would have been great to see what he was doing for 8 years, but i saw no problem at all with how they started the film. Doesn't take anything away from how great TDK was in any way, unless you make yourself feel that way which you don't need to. You wind up overthinking it. the movie didn't change. He still is riding off on the bat pod...nothing changes. And its very much similar to Miller's Dark Knight Returns. Gone for 10 years after the death of 2nd Robin. He just couldn't handle it anymore. Nolan took that for inspiration. Same thing.

:lol nah. he was injured from a gun shot and falling many stories wrecking his leg, not to mention all the wear and tear he had being Batman. Its just showing how human he is. Sure it would have been great to see what he was doing for 8 years, but i saw no problem at all with how they started the film. Doesn't take anything away from how great TDK was in any way, unless you make yourself feel that way which you don't need to. You wind up overthinking it. the movie didn't change. He still is riding off on the bat pod...nothing changes. And its very much similar to Miller's Dark Knight Returns. Gone for 10 years after the death of 2nd Robin. He just couldn't handle it anymore. Nolan took that for inspiration. Same thing.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

I love TDKR.

:lol A great Difabio-esque observation

I've asked my Judo instructor numerous times already to change his name to Master DiFabio-san but he won't budge. :lol

Because THAT VERY NIGHT the Dent Act went into full effect and all organized crime instantly disappeared. Gotham was clean. Batman "won." That very night.

I **** you not, I'll take Man of Destroy Metropolis over The Dark Knight Retard any day of the week.

what are you talking about MOS was a greatn excellent movie (if you like Dragon ball)

I **** you not, I'll take Man of Destroy Metropolis over The Dark Knight Retard any day of the week.
gbb3079c8.gif

Because THAT VERY NIGHT the Dent Act went into full effect and all organized crime instantly disappeared. Gotham was clean. Batman "won." That very night.

Technically, all of the stuff from the Dent act happened prior to that night. Harvey put them away with his R.I.C.O. case. It's kind of funny because it goes into that gray area, again; Batman and Gordon abused the system, yes, but it's a broken system, as he said in Begins. If there was even a hint of mental incompetence in the air, all of those criminals would've been back out on the street, even though Harvey was completely sound of mind when he put them away. Then, it would've been the criminals abusing the system for their own gain.

The point isn't that Batman "won," it's that he leveled the playing field. To try to put it into perspective, I'll make an analogy. Batman is the greatest soldier on the battlefield. He could keep fighting, but he'll always be fighting for the losing side. The question becomes "if removing your greatest asset from the battlefield is what it takes to, potentially, put your army on the winning side, would you do it?" Batman knew there would be sacrifices, but, at the end of the day, he also knew that, if he continued to fight, it would undo all of what he and Gordon and Dent had accomplished. It's about weighing your options. Tackle the rapists and the muggers and the killers and let the plague that infected Gotham flood the streets again, or leave the others to the police, now that they can handle it, and, possibly, save the city's soul in the process?

Yeah, I don't really care much about Rises, at all, but I don't have strong feelings against it really, either. Whereas I do for MOS. But. . .

they're both p o o p afterall
I think you, Difabio, myself, and pretty much everybody else can all agree on this one. Come on over here, you big lug :1-1:

Yeah, I don't really care much about Rises, at all, but I don't have strong feelings against it really, either. Whereas I do for MOS. But. . .

I think you, Difabio, myself, and pretty much everybody else can all agree on this one. Come on over here, you big lug :1-1:

I'll be right over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 53

There was a discussion about this recently. . .in one of the 50 or 60 threads where these things are discussed. My thought is that the Schumacher films are clearly worse than anything we've seen in the last 15 years or so, possibly with the exception of Ghost Riders and Fantastic Fours. But they sort of succeeded in the way they intended to. They weren't trying to be serious at all. So, I'm not sure if I consider these a step up or not. It's almost like comparing completely different genres.

I'll be right over.
So dreamy.

By that logic, anything could be considered a success. The Dark Knight Rises was a success, as well, since it was exactly what they intended it to be: an ending to The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Well no. If the intention is to tell a good, dramatic story (I believe this was Nolan's intention), or just to tell a good, compelling comic story, then you can critique it on those grounds. You can't critique the Schumacher films for that, because he was just trying to create schlocky, over the top entertainment.

and MOS was a success since it was just a prequel to Justice League and not a real Superman Story.

Ugh, this thread.

Although I'm surprised we haven't been ratted out by a ***** for talking about the Nolan stuff so much.

Back