Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

I have never understood the Jon Hamm love. But I think the most interesting thing about Mad Men is Christina Hendricks. I always hoped Karl Urban would get the role of Bruce. But when Affleck was announced, I was excited. I like him as an actor, and no actor bats .1000. But I think he couls be a good Bruce. He looks closer to the comics than any other actor ever cast. I just want them to get away from Nolan's version and get into a more comic version. Introduce Mr. Freeze, Nightwing, Red Hood, Croc, Ivy, and the others. Embrace some of the more fantastical elements of the character. And give us a comic accurate suit and a cool Batmobile.

There's got to be a place for Urban in the MCU. Maybe Daredevil.

That would be cool. But as a primary DC guy, I want him in that film universe. He could be the new Hal Jordan, or Green Arrow, if they decide not to let the guy on Arrow join JL.(Which would be stupid of DC/WB).

Do you think ASM 1 is average?

I'm not even sure how I gauge these things anymore to be honest. I got a feeling that all these superhero movies will be cast in the same light eventually, whether it's a Fantastic 4 or a Batman. It might be simpler to decide what's good and what's not if there weren't so many of these damn things. That's what I think is going on with X-Men. It's like, "****, I don't even know how or what to think of these movies anymore". They're all sort of just there.

I wonder when all this **** will end definitively.

Hopefully not until after I get a kick ass Black Panther movie!!!!

It might be simpler to decide what's good and what's not if there weren't so many of these damn things.

I have wondered about that. Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman had such long periods to really permeate pop culture. They were (and still are) such a common point of reference. But I think about 20 years from now when there are 12 IM movies (with four different Tony Starks), 10 Cap movies, 6 Avengers movies, a bunch of different Clark Kents and Bruce Waynes and 25 "new" characters like Lobo, Black Panther, Moon Knight, etc. They'll start to be like individual comic issues. I can make reference to my favorite Cap comic from the 70's or 80's and most people won't know what the hell I'm talking about. I wonder how long it takes for it to be the same way with the movies.

Do you think ASM 1 is average?

I'm not even sure how I gauge these things anymore to be honest. I got a feeling that all these superhero movies will be cast in the same light eventually, whether it's a Fantastic 4 or a Batman. It might be simpler to decide what's good and what's not if there weren't so many of these damn things. That's what I think is going on with X-Men. It's like, "****, I don't even know how or what to think of these movies anymore". They're all sort of just there.

I wonder when all this **** will end definitively.

The same way you gauge the sea of 80s action movies that pre-ceded them. I do think we're getting close to the end of the reign of comic book movies. By 2020 tops we'll have shifted to Video Game movies.

It'll only take one success taken seriously to spawn insane amounts. Half-Life, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Dead Space, so many deep, rich universes just waiting to be raped.

I think Assassin's Creed could be the one to change how video game movies are viewed. Ubisoft seems to have more control over the project than Sony.

Valve supposedly had a chance to start a studio of their own the way Marvel did and were shopping Duncan Jones to kick things off with a Portal movie but apparently it never panned out.

TFA is absolutely average.

ya everyone has their own opinion. TFA was my overall favorite of the Marvel Films until Winter Soldier. But I love Cap, so maybe i am bias. I loved Avengers too of course, but I really like the origin story of Cap and i thought they did a perfect job casting Peggy, Red Skull, Bucky, young Stark, etc etc. Just really enjoyed TFA, a tiny bit more than Avengers.

I have never understood the Jon Hamm love. But I think the most interesting thing about Mad Men is Christina Hendricks. I always hoped Karl Urban would get the role of Bruce. But when Affleck was announced, I was excited. I like him as an actor, and no actor bats .1000. But I think he couls be a good Bruce. He looks closer to the comics than any other actor ever cast. I just want them to get away from Nolan's version and get into a more comic version. Introduce Mr. Freeze, Nightwing, Red Hood, Croc, Ivy, and the others. Embrace some of the more fantastical elements of the character. And give us a comic accurate suit and a cool Batmobile.

The Hamm love comes from the fact that:
1.)The dude's Jon Hamm; guy's damn hypnotizing to watch.:lol
2.)He's got a voice that would probably make you unknowingly piss yourself if it was utilized threateningly under cover of darkness.
3.)His performance as Don Draper successfully captures 2/3 of the Batman persona (the businessman/playboy public persona and the more private persona whose secrets torture him night after night); the only thing missing is the actual Batman persona, and his FBI Agent in The Town showed he could pull that off.
4.)The dude's Jon Hamm; as a 100% straight male, I can tell you, with all certainty, that Hamm basically embodies the genetically perfect male archetype. Seriously, have you seen the guy's jawline? The dude looks like he was ripped from the pages of a Batman comic with that jawline.:lol

Suffice it to say, I agree that Christina Hendricks is something to consider, as well. Could you imagine her in a Poison Ivy costume? :drool

The Hamm love comes from the fact that:
1.)The dude's Jon Hamm; guy's damn hypnotizing to watch.:lol
2.)He's got a voice that would probably make you unknowingly piss yourself if it was utilized threateningly under cover of darkness.
3.)His performance as Don Draper successfully captures 2/3 of the Batman persona (the businessman/playboy public persona and the more private persona whose secrets torture him night after night); the only thing missing is the actual Batman persona, and his FBI Agent in The Town showed he could pull that off.
4.)The dude's Jon Hamm; as a 100% straight male, I can tell you, with all certainty, that Hamm basically embodies the genetically perfect male archetype. Seriously, have you seen the guy's jawline? The dude looks like he was ripped from the pages of a Batman comic with that jawline.:lol

Suffice it to say, I agree that Christina Hendricks is something to consider, as well. Could you imagine her in a Poison Ivy costume? :drool

Someone needs to get this idea over to WB!!!! This man has just invented the wheel with this idea!!

If this guy isn't the perfect Bruce Wayne, I have no idea who is.

He's more Clark Kent to me than Wayne. Looks wise, i like Ben better for Wayne. ben-affleck-praises-zack-snyde.jpg

Yeah Affleck is just as good looks wise, kinda reminds me of Capullo's Bruce.

If this guy isn't the perfect Bruce Wayne, I have no idea who is.

Oh god the old wound is reopened.

He was perfect for Bruce, damn, I remember he was Batfan's and my top choice.

But in retrospective, he wasn't physically suited for Batman, I think.

Affleck looks fatter than I've ever seen him right now though. He hurt his back getting out of a low car the other day. :lol Not exactly Batman material in my book.

He's nowhere near that old pic above. :lol

The pic I just posted is from yesterday. :lol His fat ass is actually hanging out of his pants in the other pics.

Back