Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

The thing about Bane that I did not understand is the fact that in the movie he built up this big reputation of being such a bad guy, developed a following where guys would die for you just to be the stooge for a woman who wanted to destroy Gotham City and Batman. Seems like a lot to do to help someone get revenge. I still think that Nolan should have gone in the other direction and Batman should have been emboldened by Rachel's death and been everywhere. Gotham should have been the safest city on the planet because if you even Jay walked Batman would be there to set you straight. They started that in The Dark Knight when those two guys were about to deal drugs then the bat signal went up and one of them backed down. Rises should have expanded on that.

just reading this was more satisfying than seeing RISES for the first time :lol

that was what I went in expecting. I expected a Batman that was beating guys senselessly trying to numb the pain, I expected a batman fighting crime while hiding from the police, a batman REALLY in the shadows.

But Nolan feels the need to bash people in the head with his concepts so we get a cripple Bruce that has one fight with Bane and becomes.... cripple again. way to overdone.

It would have had a bigger effect if Batman was too worn out from 8 years of fighting petty criminals than just Bruce laying in bed all day. If Batman was too tired by the time Bane came it would have had a stronger impact.

just want to respond because I am 1000000% on your side, as well as MILLIONS of other people are as well. A few people on a Toy Message board who are nit picking things to death just to make jokes is not the overall world census of how loved TDKRises movie is or the trilogy. if people need some kind of proof, imdb shows how many people gave a rating for a film. TDKR has over 770,000 people who rated it and it got an 8.6/10. The Dark Knight has had over 1 Million people rate the film and its a 9.0/10, and Batman Begins has over 667,000 people rate it and it got an 8.3/10....lower than Rises.

10,20, even 50 people on a toy site is not anywhere near a majority, and there isn't even 50 people on here right now saying negative things about TDKR, its like 5-10 people or so, and its the same people.

so anyone who claims the film wasn't successful or that the majority of people don't like it is just flat out wrong. Its just geeks being geeks who post the same crap over and over and over which makes it look like there is a lot of negativity, but overall world view there isnt a lot of negativity. The world view of Rises and the Trilogy is that it was a HUGE success, Rises alone made over 1 Billions dollars and Nolan's trilogy is enshrined in Pop Culture forever as one of the best trilogies ever, and the best Batman films to-date.

And there isn't really need to even defend the films, but its just annoying seeing people tear things down just for the sake of tearing things down. Not even sure why? Out of jealousy? Its like they are jealous Nolan made great films and has made other great films. I guess when someone rises to the top, certain people try to tear them down, and it happens with filmmakers. Its like when people bash on George Lucas, but like every single one of us lives were effected in a huge way, a positive way with his first Star Wars films. Give atleast .001% respect if you can...I know its difficult for some...

ok theres my rant. sorry. I hate these movie threads.:lol

I'm with you guys, to me, it's the second best superhero movie of all time. People here act like it was as bad as Iron Man 3, Spiderman 3 or X3, when it obviously wasn't. Everyone is entitled to place the movie where ever they want of course, it's their opinion, but this movie gets nitpicked probably worse than any movie on here. Some of the complaints are just ridiculous.

Some complaints here:

"Batman retires so the movie sucks", even though it was made clear throughout the trilogy this was Bruce's plan.

Cops are being held underground for a few months and the movie must suck because they all didn't have beards when they were freed.

Bane was awesome until the end when was revealed as nothing more then a henchman. Very wrong, he and Talia were more of partners, and for those who care so much about the comics, Bane has a been a sucker for Talia on a few occasions.

Since TDK was so great, this movie is judged far more harsher than any other superhero movie to date.
TDKR closes the trilogy almost perfectly in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would have had a bigger effect if Batman was too worn out from 8 years of fighting petty criminals than just Bruce laying in bed all day. If Batman was too tired by the time Bane came it would have had a stronger impact.

Agreed. It's so crazy how such tiny little tweaks could have been made so that you'd basically have the exact same movie but just more plausible (for lack of a better word) and satisfying all around.

Want to fast forward 8 years and have Batman walk with a limp? Fine, say he was fighting crime all those years and was suffering from injuries.

Want the stock exchange night to be his first televised appearance since TDK? Fine, just say he was like Bigfoot for 8 years, kicking ass but even more in the shadows and always one step ahead of the cops and news crews.

Want Talia to be revealed as the big villain? Fine, but can Bane's tears and her speech about him being a victim of love. Just have her go on an equally maniacal rant that involves Bane as her equal and partner in arms.

Want Bruce to retire? Fine, but have SOME obvious indication that if he's ever REALLY needed or that his replacement doesn't cut it...he'll be back.

The easy change would have been TDKR picking up as Bruce is fleeing the scene from TDK. He gets home, Bane is there waiting, and beats him down. Then Nolan has his reason for Bruce being out for 8 years. He comes back when Bane finally makes his move to torture the entire city. Give Scarcrow more of a part. Bruce spends the first part of the 8 years feeling sorry for himself, and genuinely beaten. Then Alfred pushes him to get back in the game.

But as I have said I like TDKR as is. But yeah little changes improve things.

Would he do that by crying a lot?

Yeah no crying Alfred. Alfred can remind him why we fall! And also point out that nature hates a vacuum. He removed the mob, but something had to take it's place. Bane, Scarecrow, Joker, etc., are what took it's place. And He cannot abandon the people of Gotham to these madmen. Bruce goes and trains with Talia, knowing who she is. This can mimic more their relationship in comics. Comes back to Gotham and takes down Bane, who has set up his own fiefdom.

Pretty much so.

Some say Nolan would never allow his integrity as an artist to be bought.

I say bull ****. :lol

gotta have integrity in the first place for that. Mr " I don't know where the idea for inception came from" never had any to start.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 43

I'm shocked you guys hated Bane. I thought he made for an awesome villain, he stole every scene he was in.

I thought he was pretty good until the swerve at the end that negated a lot of the bad-assery that he apparently had. I didn't even mind the voice so much.

pturtle,

My suggestion is that you really should grab a cup of coffee, relax on couch, place your feet up on a comfy padded stool and go ahead and read DiFabio's posts on TDKR. :lol

I thought in the end he was still fine though. He loved Talia, but still didn't listen to her when she told him not to kill Bruce. She seemed to love him just as much, and they both had their reasons to destroy Gotham, they came off as partners to me.

pturtle,

My suggestion is that you really should grab a cup of coffee, relax on couch, place your feet up on a comfy padded stool and go ahead and read DiFabio's posts on TDKR. :lol

those posts did bring much joy. I won't lie, they were hella entertaining.

I liked Bane. The only thing that bothered me about the twist is that Bane has never been a minion. He is always the guy with the plan. I have no problem with him teaming up with Talia, because he has done that before, but making him basically a dog on a leash did strip the character of some of his badassness.

Batman vs. Superman (2016)

pturtle,

I have, but he's a real Batman fan, he seems to judge the movie a bit harsh based on the comics and who Batman is in the comics. TDKR doesn't contradict anything from the first two movies and works well within the Nolan-verse. If you're a die-hard Batman film, I can see how you would be disappointed, but that's doesn't actually make it a bad film like Spiderman 3 or Iron man 3.

Like I've said before, Robert Downey doesn't really emulate Tony Stark at all, yet Marvel fans can't get enough of him, but any changes to how Bale portrayed Bruce from the comics/cartoon and fans go crazy.

I can appreciate these movies because I understand their telling their own stories that are separate from the comics.

Agreed. It's so crazy how such tiny little tweaks could have been made so that you'd basically have the exact same movie but just more plausible (for lack of a better word) and satisfying all around.

Want to fast forward 8 years and have Batman walk with a limp? Fine, say he was fighting crime all those years and was suffering from injuries.

Want the stock exchange night to be his first televised appearance since TDK? Fine, just say he was like Bigfoot for 8 years, kicking ass but even more in the shadows and always one step ahead of the cops and news crews.

Want Talia to be revealed as the big villain? Fine, but can Bane's tears and her speech about him being a victim of love. Just have her go on an equally maniacal rant that involves Bane as her equal and partner in arms.

Want Bruce to retire? Fine, but have SOME obvious indication that if he's ever REALLY needed or that his replacement doesn't cut it...he'll be back.

The easy change would have been TDKR picking up as Bruce is fleeing the scene from TDK. He gets home, Bane is there waiting, and beats him down. Then Nolan has his reason for Bruce being out for 8 years. He comes back when Bane finally makes his move to torture the entire city. Give Scarcrow more of a part. Bruce spends the first part of the 8 years feeling sorry for himself, and genuinely beaten. Then Alfred pushes him to get back in the game.

But as I have said I like TDKR as is. But yeah little changes improve things.

see, THIS is why I get pissed and I start hating the movie sometimes. It took you guys like FIVE MINUTES to think of a better way to make Bruce be hurt and injured by the time Rises starts.

these people took months and were paid millions to come up with a story for the third movie. And they couldn't even make Batman be active behind the shadows for those 8 years. Even if they didn't show anything but if they at least acknowledge it........

Back