Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Look at you go! :lol

BB/TDK have 3 of my favorite Batman scenes in any medium.

BB: Batman alley interrogation in the rain / Batmobile chase.

TDK: Joker Interrogation, still gets me pumped to this day.

That's just 3 epic moments in an already incredible set of movies, especially TDK.

TDKR has nothing to offer me.

Those 770,000 people:

Void 256,666 accounts and votes
batfan08 256,666 accounts and votes
You 256,666 accounts and votes

:lol

:lol I have never voted either. Thats fine if you or others didnt like Rises, not everyone likes the same things, but i was more reacting to people in previous posts making it sound like the "vast majority" didn't like it, and that is just not true in any way. Someone even said they are not "ashamed" to admit they like Rises. I mean, why would you even have to worry about being ashamed when MILLIONS of people loved it all over the world. Its just that the haters tend to post the most so it seems like everyone must be negative about it. But its just not true in any way.

With all this said, in the end it doesn't really matter, just enjoy what you enjoy and try to respect others as best as you can. :)

What's to like? Batman not only retires from being Batman, he abandons Gotham completely after faking his death to live a life of leisure with a cat**** crazy villainess in Europe. The epilogue wanted a happy ending but it wasn't for the character I'm familiar with. For the ideal Batman aging story, I'll take Kingdom Come's Bruce Wayne. He's like a Captain Ahab with his bat-drones patrolling the streets, hunting down Gotham's white whale of crime. Can't walk? He'll just make an exosuit to get the job done. He'll do anything but let go.

Everytime they try to give him a temporary departure in the comics, it only serves to drill home the point that we can't accept any substitutes. Azreal? Nope. **** Grayson? Nah. Robin Blake? Hell no. Some of you might love those ideas, they can't outdo the Bruce Wayne/Batman icon. It's just a symptom of running out of ideas.

Bruce Wayne is too intense and obsessed to leave it be, at least in my eyes. Nolan made the mistake of projecting what he might like to do if he were in that position onto the character.

That is true, but there hasn't been a single "Batman/Superman is really gone for reals this time" storyline that doesn't inevitably conclude with a revitalization.

BaleBats died at the end of TDKR and is reincarnating as Batfleck.

The world view of Rises and the Trilogy is that it was a HUGE success, Rises alone made over 1 Billions dollars and Nolan's trilogy is enshrined in Pop Culture forever as one of the best trilogies ever, and the best Batman films to-date.

And there isn't really need to even defend the films, but its just annoying seeing people tear things down just for the sake of tearing things down. Not even sure why? Out of jealousy? Its like they are jealous Nolan made great films and has made other great films. I guess when someone rises to the top, certain people try to tear them down, and it happens with filmmakers. Its like when people bash on George Lucas, but like every single one of us lives were effected in a huge way, a positive way with his first Star Wars films. Give atleast .001% respect if you can...I know its difficult for some...

ok theres my rant. sorry. I hate these movie threads.:lol

Can you love a movie that has huge faults? I can. I think that on an emotional level and excitement level TDKR is my favorite of all Batfilms. I do wish he'd died in the Bat though. A number of things really do seem pretty dumb and poorly thought out but I find that the good greatly outweighs the bad. I don't know that I'd feel that way if I was a diehard Batman fan though.

I definitely respect Nolan. I even see some of his influences in TWS. All the fake cops setting up their guns and ramming devices outside Fury's SUV reminded me of the Joker going through various weapons trying to take out the moving armored car. Also the elegant weaving in and out of minor villains (Batroc, Rumlow, Zola) in TWS seemed to be following in Nolan's footsteps as well. Before Zazz's and Scarecrow's cameos in BB and TDK I don't recall directors giving villains little bit parts to flesh out the world in a way that didn't bloat the story.

:lol I have never voted either. Thats fine if you or others didnt like Rises, not everyone likes the same things, but i was more reacting to people in previous posts making it sound like the "vast majority" didn't like it, and that is just not true in any way. Someone even said they are not "ashamed" to admit they like Rises. I mean, why would you even have to worry about being ashamed when MILLIONS of people loved it all over the world. Its just that the haters tend to post the most so it seems like everyone must be negative about it. But its just not true in any way.

With all this said, in the end it doesn't really matter, just enjoy what you enjoy and try to respect others as best as you can. :)

it is not just nerds on a toy forum. you are very mistaken. Go search youtube for Dark Knight Rises reviews. Go look at the Parodies Funny or Die or How It SHould Have Ended did.

go look at some of the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes or sites like that, it is Not just 10 nerds on a toy forum trashing it. that's so inaccurate. Out of all the 3 movies Rises was the one I saw get the least love. Yeah a lot of people like it, but a lot of people hated it. More than Dark Knight or Begins.

Rises is really easy to make fun of and that's why you see so many parodies about Talia and Bane and batman faking his death.
Rises is way easier to make fun of than Dark Knight or Begins, before rises the only thing people made fun of was Batman's voice, and everyone trying to impersonate the Joker.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

TDKR is Nolan's weakest movie. Simple as that really. One thing to make a mediocre capper to the end of a trilogy. It's another to hand in your worst work ever and blame it on dis-interest and the inability to get technical shots or continuity correct because of the new technology and expense of the IMAX cameras. The story was forced to an awkward premature end because he didn't want to play with his Batman toys anymore. It's really no different than Sam Raimi and SM3. Neither had their heart in the project and it was painfully obvious.

TDKR is Nolan's weakest movie. Simple as that really. One thing to make a mediocre capper to the end of a trilogy. It's another to hand in your worst work ever and blame it on dis-interest and the inability to get technical shots or continuity correct because of the new technology and expense of the IMAX cameras. The story was forced to an awkward premature end because he didn't want to play with his Batman toys anymore. It's really no different than Sam Raimi and SM3. Neither had their heart in the project and it was painfully obvious.

Pretty much so.

Some say Nolan would never allow his integrity as an artist to be bought.

I say bull ****. :lol

I guess we should be thankful Nolan did anything after all. He could have easily said no.

I'll be honest I really did wanted a third movie. I Wasn't happy with just having 2 movies. Once it came out i was really disappointed because the 8 year gap made no sense and Batman being so hurt and retiring at the beginning really pissed me off. I regretted going to the theater for it.

After multiple viewings the movie get better for me. But it was more like me lowering my expectations and accepting it for what it was. a Non-batman Batman movie.
this was a Gotham movie, this was a Bane movie, a Bruce Wayne movie. Batman stopped being the focus after Dark Knight and once I accepted this as just a Gotham movie it got better.

I don't know that integrity has too much to do with it, but suspect instead he probably signed a contract to do that film, and did so with the best intentions. But, when time came to actually get the movie made, he seemed to have lost the inspiration that drove him to do those other films, and so it feels a bit flat, like he was going through the motions, trying to fulfill his obligations. Like Deckard, I definitely get the same vibe with Raimi from Spider-Man 3.

After multiple viewings the movie get better for me. But it was more like me lowering my expectations and accepting it for what it was. a Non-batman Batman movie.
I've only watched it twice, but this was the same for me. When I saw it the second time, I knew what to expect, and more importantly, knew that it could have been a hell of a lot worse *cough*ManofSteel*cough* So, I could enjoy it for what it was. One of the biggest problems is that the first two movies are so damn good--from a filmmaking standpoint, arguably the best comic movies ever made--that it would have been damn hard to match them no matter what.

I've only watched it twice, but this was the same for me. When I saw it the second time, I knew what to expect, and more importantly, knew that it could have been a hell of a lot worse *cough*ManofSteel*cough* So, I could enjoy it for what it was. One of the biggest problems is that the first two movies are so damn good--from a filmmaking standpoint, arguably the best comic movies ever made--that it would have been damn hard to match them no matter what.

what I always hated was the 8 year gap and how beaten Bruce was. I am not sure why they needed to jump that much in time. It really feels like there is a movie missing and Rises was the 4th movie.
and I still hate how Bane has almost the same role as the Bane from Batman and Robin, just working for the pretty girl. I wish Nolan didn't do that because it took away from the character. he was just like a puppy in love lol.

The thing about Bane that I did not understand is the fact that in the movie he built up this big reputation of being such a bad guy, developed a following where guys would die for you just to be the stooge for a woman who wanted to destroy Gotham City and Batman. Seems like a lot to do to help someone get revenge. I still think that Nolan should have gone in the other direction and Batman should have been emboldened by Rachel's death and been everywhere. Gotham should have been the safest city on the planet because if you even Jay walked Batman would be there to set you straight. They started that in The Dark Knight when those two guys were about to deal drugs then the bat signal went up and one of them backed down. Rises should have expanded on that.

Back