Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Yet he couldn't prevent Starro from controlling his mind *facepalm*. And YESS Martians hate fire... See Justice League: Doom

MM shapeshifted into Clark on date night with Lois? :lol

I was literally thinking of a way to say this, when I was typing my last post, but I couldn't find the right words.:lol

meetsomeonewhohates.gif

Yet he couldn't prevent Starro from controlling his mind *facepalm*. And YESS Martians hate fire... See Justice League: Doom

I always thought MM would naturally choose to hang out with Aquaman the majority of his time on Earth for just that reason. :lol

I've really come to like the Manhunter, he's got a great old school look and with a solid support role to play. Too bad no one wants to really deal with him. At least he's better off than Aquaman.

I always thought MM would naturally choose to hang out with Aquaman the majority of his time on Earth for just that reason. :lol

I've really come to like the Manhunter, he's got a great old school look and with a solid support role to play. Too bad no one wants to really deal with him. At least he's better off than Aquaman.

I also find him a lot more interesting than Aquaman. His power, personality, being a martian and all.

As for the "no stand alone films" thing, I wish you people would stop and think about things critically, for a minute. Marvel's formula worked, that's a fact, but, just because it did, that doesn't make it the only formula that works, just the only one that's been proven to work, so far.

You have a logic but I would yet remain..well....cynical. We'll find out in 2016 regardless

No, but, seriously, let's go through this step by step.

For one thing, "they should just drop this thing." The film is almost ready to begin shooting. That means they've most likely already spent millions in pre-production, not to mention making all the deals with the various locations that they'll be shooting in. This thing is happening, like it or not. I'm also curious as to how this is an "insult to Superman." Because Batman and Wonder Woman are in it? We don't know anything about their roles in this film, and yet, people are making it out to be "the caped crusader is totally hijacking the Man of Steel's movie." You say a bunch of characters are being introduced, but, the fact of the matter remains that, outside of one member of Batman's supporting cast, so far, who, outside of he and Wonder Woman, are being introduced, that are not Superman based characters? If two is "a bunch," then color me surprised, considering the fact that, for all we know, one of them may only be appearing for a few minutes.

As for the "no stand alone films" thing, I wish you people would stop and think about things critically, for a minute. Marvel's formula worked, that's a fact, but, just because it did, that doesn't make it the only formula that works, just the only one that's been proven to work, so far. I'm going to make this as clear as possible, so I'll never have to repeat myself, though, I'm sure I will, anyway.

MARVEL's formula is not the only one that works.

Now that that's out of the way, how, may I ask is the cast bad? Affleck? He's been on a roll, lately. The Town, Argo; non-directorial lay, I thought "State of Play" was fantastic. The guy's not the same actor he was ten years ago, and, frankly, I've never seen an actor who didn't have at least one bad film or project under their belts. Eisenberg? The dude was nominated for an Oscar. Is he my first choice to play Lex? Nope. Does that make him a bad choice to play Lex? Also nope. Gadot? Is she unproven? Yes, I'd say so. Does that make her bad? I really can't say that it does. Was she fantastic in those Fast & Furious movies? I'd put my money on "no," but, then, who is? Going to a movie where street racers drive fast cars and blow **** up to gauge an actor's dramatic prowess, is like visiting a mime school to gauge the students' skills as conversationalists. All I know is that the casting people must've seen something to convince them that a model with a few bit parts in action movies was right to bring one of the most iconic female characters of the 20th century to life.

Also, look at their track record, so far. One movie isn't much, but I can honestly say that, of all Man of Steel's issues, casting was not one of them. What roles were turned down, though? I've heard nothing of the sort, and, as far as the script being garbage, I really can't say, but, if it's undergoing rewrites from an Oscar winner, it probably won't be for long.
:goodpost:

I agree with just about everything. People criticizing a movie that hasn't even been made makes no sense to me. And most criticisms about MoS i have never agreed with. The destruction argument and killing, and especially the one a few of us were talking about below where some think Jor-El could have told Kal what to do about Zod before things happened. That's like saying any movie or story a lot of things could be avoided if a character did something different. What if Bilbo never took the ring. What if Luke Skywalker stayed on Tatooine. LoL :lol

the cast of MoS was just about perfect IMO. I have no idea if Ben, Gal, Irons, or Eisenberg will be until I see the film. But from going by just looks, I think all 4 are great casts. The only cast I know that didn't work out was Brolin. That officially was talked about by Brolin, but it was because he couldn't do it and I think they wanted Ben from the start anyway, Ben just hadn't made a decision. Cranston was never really in the running, that was more the fans trying to push an internet rumor. There hasnt been much talk about who was up for WW, i know the internet rumors, but sounds like Gal really impressed them, and why not, she's stunning gorgeous as WW should be and she hasn't really had much chance to show her acting off to the world, so Im sure they saw something we don't know about her. And if she did any testing with Henry, maybe they just had great chemistry. All speculation, but thats usually the process.

IMO, Snyder's films have always had great casting. Im a big fan of all his movies so far. Even the ones others dont like as much like Sucker Punch, I am a big fan of that movie, i think its very underrated and also misunderstood. :)

:goodpost:

I agree with just about everything. People criticizing a movie that hasn't even been made makes no sense to me. And most criticisms about MoS i have never agreed with. The destruction argument and killing, and especially the one a few of us were talking about below where some think Jor-El could have told Kal what to do about Zod before things happened. That's like saying any movie or story a lot of things could be avoided if a character did something different. What if Bilbo never took the ring. What if Luke Skywalker stayed on Tatooine. LoL :lol

the cast of MoS was just about perfect IMO. I have no idea if Ben, Gal, Irons, or Eisenberg will be until I see the film. But from going by just looks, I think all 4 are great casts. The only cast I know that didn't work out was Brolin. That officially was talked about by Brolin, but it was because he couldn't do it and I think they wanted Ben from the start anyway, Ben just hadn't made a decision. Cranston was never really in the running, that was more the fans trying to push an internet rumor. There hasnt been much talk about who was up for WW, i know the internet rumors, but sounds like Gal really impressed them, and why not, she's stunning gorgeous as WW should be and she hasn't really had much chance to show her acting off to the world, so Im sure they saw something we don't know about her. And if she did any testing with Henry, maybe they just had great chemistry. All speculation, but thats usually the process.

IMO, Snyder's films have always had great casting. Im a big fan of all his movies so far. Even the ones others dont like as much like Sucker Punch, I am a big fan of that movie, i think its very underrated and also misunderstood. :)

Is there room in this group for me too? I agree with all of your points. I loved MOS cast. Henry was great as a young Clark. I can't wait to see what he brings to the Daily Planet Clark, as well as the developing Superman. I am no less excited for this sequel than I was for MOS. I want this to be a great film, because I want more stuff from this universe.

And yeah, I liked Sucker Punch as well. I think it is very underrated as well.

You have a logic but I would yet remain..well....cynical. We'll find out in 2016 regardless

...and I don't blame you if you are, but being cynical about one thing is different than being willfully ignorant of the fact that these heroes will be having new films created for years to come; probably after we're both worm food, and that, in that time, there are going to be a lot of approaches different than Marvel's. Some will work; some won't; all I'm saying is that people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss something just because it's different. DC could very well crash and burn with this, as it is, seemingly, unproven, but, with that being said, I'm also of the belief that the greater the risk, the greater the potential reward, so, if it does pan out, it could be just as successful, or, potentially, even moreso, as Marvel.

Is there room in this group for me too? I agree with all of your points. I loved MOS cast. Henry was great as a young Clark. I can't wait to see what he brings to the Daily Planet Clark, as well as the developing Superman. I am no less excited for this sequel than I was for MOS. I want this to be a great film, because I want more stuff from this universe.

And yeah, I liked Sucker Punch as well. I think it is very underrated as well.
:hi5: Cool. Yah, i was psyched for MoS, and loved it. Saw it 4 times in the theater, and seen it several more times since. I think its a great. Very much a Superman movie I expected to see. Was it like 100% perfect?....No. But Henry was just such a great Superman. He was like born to play him. My only wish was they didn't kill Zod because I thought Shannon was awesome as Zod and would have loved to seen him come back to role someday. But they clearly have other things in-mind for the future. Zod was just chapter 1. And I would loved to see more about Jor-El and what it was like to see Zod and him be friends and then Zod changed once Krypton started to die. I just really enjoyed the Krypton Snyder created. Thought it was well done :)

...and I don't blame you if you are, but being cynical about one thing is different than being willfully ignorant of the fact that these heroes will be having new films created for years to come; probably after we're both worm food, and that, in that time, there are going to be a lot of approaches different than Marvel's. Some will work; some won't; all I'm saying is that people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss something just because it's different. DC could very well crash and burn with this, as it is, seemingly, unproven, but, with that being said, I'm also of the belief that the greater the risk, the greater the potential reward, so, if it does pan out, it could be just as successful, or, potentially, even moreso, as Marvel.
:goodpost: Yup I agree with this 100%. thats exactly how I feel. All I care about is that they continue to make movies of these great characters. I don't really like comparing DC vs Marvel because it really doesn't matter as long as both continue making comics, movies, and TV shows, thats all that means anything for me.

Hey Batfan - did you catch my somewhat lengthy 'breakdown' response to your post a few pages back?

I wanted our chat to continue.. :duff

Ah, sorry, Vintij; I must have missed it.

Bad example. Wasn't Michael Uslin - the man responsible for a serious Batman hitting the big screen, the ULTIMATE fanboy, that rallied for the masses? It took at least ten years for that movie to get green lit, from the time he started campaigning.

I still say they should've kept Brandon Routh, & just ironed the bugs out in the sequel to SR. They had a great Kal-El, & an already established Metropolis, world etc. Rebooting wasn't the answer necessarily..

Yeah, sure.

I'm not biased to any one comic house - there's good & bad on both sides of the fence, of course. I'm a fan of a lot of stuff though - & with that said, I'm more than willing to give this sequel the chance it deserves. With all the initial Affleck slagging, I was one of the folks who got behind him - & I'm not an Affleck fan per se. I thought he was EXCELLENT in Daredevil - regardless of the film's problems, so I immediately saw (as any genuinely objective person would) the potential he has for Batman.

Cavill's great - I like him. They need to recast Lois though, Adams doesn't capture her anywhere near enough for my money. More importantly than anything though this time, they need to establish a tone that feels right. I understand completely what they were going for; a young man, out of place, overwhelmed, blah blah blah - got it. They partly dealt with Kal's character fairly decently in that regard, but more was needed as far as them showing him embracing & controlling his abilities from boyhood to young adulthood. He'd had enough time by then to get that he wasn't 'normal'. It's almost like as the movie progresses, he's shocked that this other stuff like Zod & Co / his real dad / Krypton / the buried ship, exists.. even though he's clearly not from this world. :lol

Anyway.. I digress somewhat. I just 'hope' the next one distances itself enough from the 'Man Of Nolan' to get me back on side & cheering.

As for the first one, you're absolutely right. Island was the fanboy in charge, but I mean that we never would've got Michael Keaton, specifically. There was a huge amount of backlash from the fans, and even Uslan thought they should get rid of him, but Burton and the studio stuck to their guns and we wound up with one of the greatest Batmen of all time.

As for Routh, I really don't know. On one hand, I think he could've brought something to the role, had it actually been his, and there is a part of me that actually thinks he could've been a good Superman, but, on the other hand, after seeing the direction his career's taken (e.g. not very good), it makes me wonder if he could've been anything more than what Singer cast him to be: a Christopher Reeve doppelgänger/impersonator.

As for the cast, I agree about Cavill. There were hints of Reeve in some of the mannerisms, but, overall, he really made it his own. As for Affleck in Daredevil, he really does get a bad rap for that one. For a long time, I thought that leather suit was kind of badass, and, as many problems as that movie had, I think it had a pretty solid cast, overall. Have you seen the "R" rated Director's Cut? I quite prefer it to what we got in theaters.

On the topic of Adams, though, I've got to disagree. She's a fantastic actress, and, while she doesn't quite look like the Lois of the books stepped off the page, I think she's got enough talent that she can bring the role to life, and I thought she did a great job in MoS. With that in mind, I don't think her material quite did her justice. They tried to set up the "military brat" thing, but it was too forced. She just randomly throws out "now, if we're done measuring dicks," at the airforce base, and then proceeds to say she has to "tinkle." She's too good of an actress for that ****.:lol

As far as Superman goes, I wholeheartedly agree, and that's why I'm so excited for the sequel, because this first film seemed like something of a journey, and I hope that, maybe, they'll use that ending to their advantage. It'd be kind of neat to have Batman juxtaposed against a hopeful and optimistic Superman, althewhile, the guy hiding in the shadows is the one who thinks the alien's the bad guy.

Also, I don't know how many of you own the Man of a Steel Blu-Ray, but have any of you checked out the bonus features? There's this awesome faux documentary about the planet Krypton, and it was delightful to watch; they tackled it, as if it were a Discovery Channel Special about the planet and its technology, and I loved it.

Yeah ok, as far as B89 & Burton sticking to their 'plan' with Keaton - you're right there.
I have a copy of that original petition too. :lol

You have a point about Routh too. He's kind of in limbo these days isn't he - maybe it's got something directly to do with SR not working out, not sure. That said, he quite possibly could've become type cast beyond salvation as a result, so maybe it was all for the best in the end anyway.

Regarding Amy Adams - I know she's a good actress, but she's not right for Lois - that's what I meant. That was one of the glaring mistakes with SR; they had a PERFECT Lois in the cast, & she was playing Luthor's bimbo. :gah: With Adams' success in American Hustle, she's an even bigger draw, so I can see why they want to hang on tight to her.

What you mentioned way back makes sense too; Superman can evolve into the classic icon we know & love as the series expands, but will DC/WB hit mostly all the right marks with their related film offerings until then? They may give up after another couple films - again, & be in the same place they were after 2006.

I'm just really keen to see the dynamic between Cavill & Affleck. You'll have a young guy with something to prove on one side, verses a battle weary cynic on the other. How's that for classic comic book drama! :lol

Ah, sorry, Vintij; I must have missed it.

As for the first one, you're absolutely right. Island was the fanboy in charge, but I mean that we never would've got Michael Keaton, specifically. There was a huge amount of backlash from the fans, and even Uslan thought they should get rid of him, but Burton and the studio stuck to their guns and we wound up with one of the greatest Batmen of all time.

As for Routh, I really don't know. On one hand, I think he could've brought something to the role, had it actually been his, and there is a part of me that actually thinks he could've been a good Superman, but, on the other hand, after seeing the direction his career's taken (e.g. not very good), it makes me wonder if he could've been anything more than what Singer cast him to be: a Christopher Reeve doppelgänger/impersonator.

As for the cast, I agree about Cavill. There were hints of Reeve in some of the mannerisms, but, overall, he really made it his own. As for Affleck in Daredevil, he really does get a bad rap for that one. For a long time, I thought that leather suit was kind of badass, and, as many problems as that movie had, I think it had a pretty solid cast, overall. Have you seen the "R" rated Director's Cut? I quite prefer it to what we got in theaters.

On the topic of Adams, though, I've got to disagree. She's a fantastic actress, and, while she doesn't quite look like the Lois of the books stepped off the page, I think she's got enough talent that she can bring the role to life, and I thought she did a great job in MoS. With that in mind, I don't think her material quite did her justice. They tried to set up the "military brat" thing, but it was too forced. She just randomly throws out "now, if we're done measuring dicks," at the airforce base, and then proceeds to say she has to "tinkle." She's too good of an actress for that ****.:lol

As far as Superman goes, I wholeheartedly agree, and that's why I'm so excited for the sequel, because this first film seemed like something of a journey, and I hope that, maybe, they'll use that ending to their advantage. It'd be kind of neat to have Batman juxtaposed against a hopeful and optimistic Superman, althewhile, the guy hiding in the shadows is the one who thinks the alien's the bad guy.

Also, I don't know how many of you own the Man of a Steel Blu-Ray, but have any of you checked out the bonus features? There's this awesome faux documentary about the planet Krypton, and it was delightful to watch; they tackled it, as if it were a Discovery Channel Special about the planet and its technology, and I loved it.

Routh was great for homage to Reeve, but I am glad they didn't continue with him. Like Ive said before, let the Reeve films stand on their own, They are amazing! No need to re-do the Reeve films with a doppelgänger.

Affleck himself knows and thinks Daredevil was awful. He knows it. Every actor has their share of clunkers. People just need to let Daredevil go. He's matured as an artist since then. I can watch Argo and The Town and definitely see a Bruce Wayne in there. Argo being the intelligent side, and The Town being the powerful force not to mess with but also with a heart. Plus he looks a lot like a Bruce Wayne you see in the comics and even animated series.

Adams was a great choice for Lois IMO. Intelligent & strong and wonderful actress. Hair color means nothing. And i really felt the chemistry between Henry and her. Maybe some didnt', but we all have different feelings.

Affleck himself knows and thinks Daredevil was awful. He knows it. Every actor has their share of clunkers. People just need to let Daredevil go. He's matured as an artist since then. I can watch Argo and The Town and definitely see a Bruce Wayne in there.
No way. :lol

He played the role well. The movie had problems, but he was great.

I'll say that the moment I knew Affleck had the dramatic chops to portray Batman wasn't in Argo or The Town. As someone with family in Eastern Pennsylvania, that dude absolutely nailed the dialect in "State of Play." That one little thing was enough to throw it over the top for me. I definitely think that Argo and The Town show him as those Batman-esque characters with a dark side, but seeing how he became his character in State of Play made me think "this guy's got it."

As for whether or not Supes winds up in the same position as he was in back in '06, we'll just have to see how it plays out. If Batman vs. Superman is a groundbreaking success, both critically and financially, the world has a Superman, and he's here to stay.

Yeah ok, as far as B89 & Burton sticking to their 'plan' with Keaton - you're right there.
I have a copy of that original petition too. :lol

You have a point about Routh too. He's kind of in limbo these days isn't he - maybe it's got something directly to do with SR not working out, not sure. That said, he quite possibly could've become type cast beyond salvation as a result, so maybe it was all for the best in the end anyway.

Regarding Amy Adams - I know she's a good actress, but she's not right for Lois - that's what I meant. That was one of the glaring mistakes with SR; they had a PERFECT Lois in the cast, & she was playing Luthor's bimbo. :gah: With Adams' success in American Hustle, she's an even bigger draw, so I can see why they want to hang on tight to her.

What you mentioned way back makes sense too; Superman can evolve into the classic icon we know & love as the series expands, but will DC/WB hit mostly all the right marks with their related film offerings until then? They may give up after another couple films - again, & be in the same place they were after 2006.

I'm just really keen to see the dynamic between Cavill & Affleck. You'll have a young guy with something to prove on one side, verses a battle weary cynic on the other. How's that for classic comic book drama! :lol

Parker Posey as Lois. Yah I thought that back in SR, she should have been Lois for that film especially if they were playing off the Reeve films. She's perfect to play a Margot Kidder style Lois. But again, gotta move on from the Reeve films. Kidder's Lois is not really the Lois I envision reading the comics usually. I like Amy Adams a lot for Lois. She's got a lot more great films behind her besides American Hustle. She's usually awesome in everything she does, even the less serious roles.

Parker Posey as Lois. Yah I thought that back in SR, she should have been Lois for that film especially if they were playing off the Reeve films. She's perfect to play a Margot Kidder style Lois. But again, gotta move on from the Reeve films. Kidder's Lois is not really the Lois I envision reading the comics usually. I like Amy Adams a lot for Lois. She's got a lot more great films behind her besides American Hustle. She's usually awesome in everything she does, even the less serious roles.

Hopefully in the next movie they'll allow Adams to play the more assertive and driven Lois Lane too.

She's not my top choice for Lois, but Adams is a great actress who bring strong credentials and performances to her roles. It's a shame that her role is likely going to be marginalized to make room for Batman and Wonder Woman in the next flick. Probably my biggest disappointment about Batman vs. Superman will be that we won't see Superman's supporting cast as much as we might like.

No, but, seriously, let's go through this step by step.

For one thing, "they should just drop this thing." The film is almost ready to begin shooting. That means they've most likely already spent millions in pre-production, not to mention making all the deals with the various locations that they'll be shooting in. This thing is happening, like it or not. I'm also curious as to how this is an "insult to Superman." Because Batman and Wonder Woman are in it? We don't know anything about their roles in this film, and yet, people are making it out to be "the caped crusader is totally hijacking the Man of Steel's movie." You say a bunch of characters are being introduced, but, the fact of the matter remains that, outside of one member of Batman's supporting cast, so far, who, outside of he and Wonder Woman, are being introduced, that are not Superman based characters? If two is "a bunch," then color me surprised, considering the fact that, for all we know, one of them may only be appearing for a few minutes.

As for the "no stand alone films" thing, I wish you people would stop and think about things critically, for a minute. Marvel's formula worked, that's a fact, but, just because it did, that doesn't make it the only formula that works, just the only one that's been proven to work, so far. I'm going to make this as clear as possible, so I'll never have to repeat myself, though, I'm sure I will, anyway.

Now that that's out of the way, how, may I ask is the cast bad? Affleck? He's been on a roll, lately. The Town, Argo; non-directorial lay, I thought "State of Play" was fantastic. The guy's not the same actor he was ten years ago, and, frankly, I've never seen an actor who didn't have at least one bad film or project under their belts. Eisenberg? The dude was nominated for an Oscar. Is he my first choice to play Lex? Nope. Does that make him a bad choice to play Lex? Also nope. Gadot? Is she unproven? Yes, I'd say so. Does that make her bad? I really can't say that it does. Was she fantastic in those Fast & Furious movies? I'd put my money on "no," but, then, who is? Going to a movie where street racers drive fast cars and blow **** up to gauge an actor's dramatic prowess, is like visiting a mime school to gauge the students' skills as conversationalists. All I know is that the casting people must've seen something to convince them that a model with a few bit parts in action movies was right to bring one of the most iconic female characters of the 20th century to life.

Also, look at their track record, so far. One movie isn't much, but I can honestly say that, of all Man of Steel's issues, casting was not one of them. What roles were turned down, though? I've heard nothing of the sort, and, as far as the script being garbage, I really can't say, but, if it's undergoing rewrites from an Oscar winner, it probably won't be for long.

I see what you're saying here, but I think your mistake is that you're looking at this as someone who liked MOS.

For a lot of people, myself included, the movie was ****, so why shouldn't people be cynical? Obviously you liked the film so you're going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but most aren't going to.
And why should they? You expect people to have faith that they're going to do right, based on what? Snyder/Goyer had their shot and they disappointed a lot of people, so they get another chance to screw it up? That's crazy. Would you let the creative team that put together Green Lantern have another turn at the wheel? Well, if you liked GL I'm sure you would, but most wouldn't.

What is anyone expecting? That this sequel is going to be their "Wrath of Khan", like Singer was saying his next Superman was going to be?

I said this before and I'll say it again:

Wrath of Khan was light years ahead of Star Trek:TMP because THEY BROUGHT IN A WHOLE NEW PRODUCTION TEAM.

They didn't say, "Well. we'll keep Robert Wise and his guys and hope for the best", they looked at the numbers, saw that there was an audience, brought a new team in and spent less money. Bully for them, and us. I don't see that happening here.

I also believe that the only reason they're keeping Zack Snyder is because they CAN"T get anyone else. They can't just get a nobody to direct this, and what self respecting (and career minded) director is going to come in and want to clean up his mess?

Again, you liked the casting for MOS, and again a lot of people didn't. IMO everyone was horrible in that movie. Everyone. Now I don't think anyone of them are bad actors, they just weren't (IMO) right for their roles, and if anyone agrees with that, they're not going to be too keen on the new choices.

For the record, I had no problem with BA as Bats. When I heard the news I thought, how bad could he be? Could he be any worse than George Clooney? That's how low the bar was set (for me).
The others? Well you can get Oscar nominated/winning actors and actresses all day long to be in your movie, but that doesn't make them right for the part. Which is what this film seems to be doing; frontloading a movie with big names (except WW?) to make up for their shortcomings.
Not a great sign, and certainly not enough to have faith in their "vision".

You also seem to be making the case that Marvel's formula isn't the only one that works.
Well for right now, at this moment, that's the ONLY one that there is, and the ONLY reason WB/DC isn't following it is because they don't have the luxury of one thing:

Time.

That's right. Time is not on their side. They know they have to play catch up with Marvel or risk waiting too long and it's too late. They want to jump on the bandwagon feet first before the public (bless 'em) grows weary of superhero flicks. Because no one knows when that will be, or it ever happens. Strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. But they can't.

I mean come on, does anyone really believe this PR speak that they moved up BvS because they want time to achieve their "artistic vision"? That's nonsense. They moved it up because they're too scared to go up against Avengers 2 in the summer and Star Wars VII at Christmas. So then they pick Marvel's sweet May spot and hope for the best. But guess what? That's when Cap 3 comes out.
So who blinks? My guess is DC. It has to be. Why would Marvel move their date? They have absolutely nothing to lose.

Look I'm glad you and (some) others liked MOS, and are looking forward to this new movie. I really am. I wish I liked it and shared your excitement, but I don't and probably never will. I'm in the Riddick camp that's only interested in seeing the Batfleck costume and Batfleckmobile. After that, I'll just forget this movie altogether.

Just like MOS, GL and TDKR.

Back