Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Not to mention HISHE exploited that plot hole on their How Man of Steel Should Have Ended. If Cal went to him from the beginning, because it would be the logical thing to do, Jor would've told him and they would've skipped about a third of the movie and one less instance of saving Lois... Jeez why did she always put herself in trouble :lol

But that's not how the events happened. Jor El had no idea what Zod was planning until after zod took Kal and Lois. Then JorEl told Lois what to do. Kal wasn't planning on this battle he thought he surrender and he would leave earth without any destruction. He had No idea that Zod wanted to terraform earth and use the codex and neither did jor el. Jor El told Kal about Zods history already. So there wasn't much else he needed to ask JorEl at that point. Kal was more concerned about trusting human race like his father told him. So to me that theory jor el could have told him what to do about Zod is out the window. Not to mention he is a holographic conscience only activated by a key on a kryptonian ship.

Last edited:

I'm assuming had it not been for Zod's internal codex directives since birth that he would've said screw Krypton, not terraformed, and would've instead decided to be a supreme ruler of earth with his new found powers.

Hell, that sounds so much more pleasing and fun. :lol

I wonder if he had the ability to go against his own internal codex instructions of preserving Krypton.

Actually, now that I think about it, what were his codex instructions, were they to "protect krypton" or "preserve krypton's culture"?

If they were to just protect krypton, then he should've not terraformed and kept his super strength.

But that's not how the events happened. Jor El had no idea what Zod was planning until after zod took Kal and Lois. Then JorEl told Lois what to do. Kal wasn't planning on this battle he thought he surrender and he would leave earth without any destruction. He had No idea that Zod wanted to terraform earth and use the codex and neither did jor el. Jor El told Kal about Zods history already. So there wasn't much else he needed to ask JorEl at that point. Kal was more concerned about trusting human race like his father told him. So to me that theory jor el could have told him what to do about Zod is out the window.

Valid arguement.

But the thing is Jor didnt know that Zod escaped. I'm sure if Kal told him Jor would've been like ok... Heres how you send him back to the Phantom Zone. And Kal wasnt planning to surrender he even told the priest Zod couldn't be trusted, he just played along to see what he wanted and then fight for the cause lol

That's funny, My eyes do the same thing while watching Man of Steel.

No, but, seriously, let's go through this step by step.

They should just drop this film and make a Standalone Superman 2 or a JLA film. To say "Superman vs Batman" is just a ploy to sell tickets. Its too fast for this to happen. And its an insult to Superman. I didn't like Man of Steel, it was basically a reboot of Superman 1 & 2. Now this idea, then introduce a bunch of new characters with no standalone films? Can't see this working, cast is bad, a lot of the roles were turned down, probably cause the script is garbage. DC is failing and they should be kicking Marvels ass.

For one thing, "they should just drop this thing." The film is almost ready to begin shooting. That means they've most likely already spent millions in pre-production, not to mention making all the deals with the various locations that they'll be shooting in. This thing is happening, like it or not. I'm also curious as to how this is an "insult to Superman." Because Batman and Wonder Woman are in it? We don't know anything about their roles in this film, and yet, people are making it out to be "the caped crusader is totally hijacking the Man of Steel's movie." You say a bunch of characters are being introduced, but, the fact of the matter remains that, outside of one member of Batman's supporting cast, so far, who, outside of he and Wonder Woman, are being introduced, that are not Superman based characters? If two is "a bunch," then color me surprised, considering the fact that, for all we know, one of them may only be appearing for a few minutes.

As for the "no stand alone films" thing, I wish you people would stop and think about things critically, for a minute. Marvel's formula worked, that's a fact, but, just because it did, that doesn't make it the only formula that works, just the only one that's been proven to work, so far. I'm going to make this as clear as possible, so I'll never have to repeat myself, though, I'm sure I will, anyway.

MARVEL's formula is not the only one that works.

Now that that's out of the way, how, may I ask is the cast bad? Affleck? He's been on a roll, lately. The Town, Argo; non-directorial lay, I thought "State of Play" was fantastic. The guy's not the same actor he was ten years ago, and, frankly, I've never seen an actor who didn't have at least one bad film or project under their belts. Eisenberg? The dude was nominated for an Oscar. Is he my first choice to play Lex? Nope. Does that make him a bad choice to play Lex? Also nope. Gadot? Is she unproven? Yes, I'd say so. Does that make her bad? I really can't say that it does. Was she fantastic in those Fast & Furious movies? I'd put my money on "no," but, then, who is? Going to a movie where street racers drive fast cars and blow **** up to gauge an actor's dramatic prowess, is like visiting a mime school to gauge the students' skills as conversationalists. All I know is that the casting people must've seen something to convince them that a model with a few bit parts in action movies was right to bring one of the most iconic female characters of the 20th century to life.

Also, look at their track record, so far. One movie isn't much, but I can honestly say that, of all Man of Steel's issues, casting was not one of them. What roles were turned down, though? I've heard nothing of the sort, and, as far as the script being garbage, I really can't say, but, if it's undergoing rewrites from an Oscar winner, it probably won't be for long.

I'm assuming had it not been for Zod's internal codex directives since birth that he would've said screw Krypton, not terraformed, and would've instead decided to be a supreme ruler of earth with his new found powers.

Hell, that sounds so much more pleasing and fun. :lol

I wonder if he had the ability to go against his own internal codex instructions of preserving Krypton.

Actually, now that I think about it, what were his codex instructions, were they to "protect krypton" or "preserve krypton's culture"?

If they were to just protect krypton, then he should've not terraformed and kept his super strength.

If it were protect Krypton that boat had sailed, he should have just spent the movie sitting aboard the USS Black Dildo getting drunk. :lol

If it were protect Krypton that boat had sailed, he should have just spent the movie sitting aboard the USS Black Dildo getting drunk. :lol

Shouldve just terraformed Mars and wake up the Martian Manhunter :)

Martian Manhunter gets a lot of ****, but the fact of the matter is, he's pretty much Supermam, if Superman traded his heat vision in for telepathy, invisibility, and the ability to shapeshift (e.g. J'onn would **** Zod's **** up).:lecture

Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Martian Manhunter gets a lot of ****, but the fact of the matter is, he's pretty much Supermam, if Superman traded his heat vision in for telepathy, invisibility, and the ability to shapeshift (e.g. J'onn would **** Zod's **** up).:lecture

J'onn is so overpowered, intangibility, nuffsed. Zod literally cant touch him. Probably one of the most underrated Leaguers

I kind of love that Martian Manhunter's so overpowered; it's part of his charm; that he isn't really relatable, in the least, he's an outsider who's just trying to understand us. It's a neat twist, in that, as powerful as he is, we're the aliens to him.

Martian Manhunter is as powerful as Supes? Physically speaking I don't think so.

I love the character though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'd say he could beat Superman to death, if he really wanted to. For the simple fact that Supes could feel each punch, but MM could literally make everything Supes tried phase right through him. Plus, you also have to think of the fact that, when it came down to it, he could have Supes doing his best Randall P. McMurphy impression without even throwing a punch.

Supes actually has psychic resistance tho, forgot who trained him, Fate maybe?

Yup, that's actually a kryptonian martial art of the mind :lol MM couldn't do anything to supes, yet MM is vulnerable to fire, heat vision could come in handy I think.

But why put them against each other hypothetically? They're equally good and of noble nature.

Yeah, very true, but, it kind of lends to those hypotheticals when you start getting into "one isn't as powerful as the other." :lol

Yup, that's actually a kryptonian martial art of the mind :lol MM couldn't do anything to supes, yet MM is vulnerable to fire, heat vision could come in handy I think.

Yet he couldn't prevent Starro from controlling his mind *facepalm*. And YESS Martians hate fire... See Justice League: Doom

But why put them against each other hypothetically? They're equally good and of noble nature.

MM shapeshifted into Clark on date night with Lois? :lol

Back