Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

I also like Zimmer's theme, I just would never fist-pump to it as I do the Williams theme. So not using the latter is a real loss to any Superman film IMO. Anyway, there I am harping on about it again. Its that time of the week.

Give it up a-dev, the WB/DC/MOS/BvsS/JL train has departed and either you were on it or not. :lol

batfan is the LOCOmotive engineer. :lol

I just think there was still potential with the Donner universe. I don't think it had to be left in the past. Superman Returns may not have been great but MOS wasn't either for its own reasons. And I think the former at least provided a more plausible world and tone for the Justice League. And had the Williams theme :monkey3

No, its done. Reeve made that Donner universe, it just should stand on its own. And I love the Williams score as well, actually the SR score was awesome, it was the best part of the film I think, I listen to it all the time. But it was made for that Universe, and just shouldn't be re-hashed.

Plus with technology and special effects today, your just never going to get that charm of the Reeve films because it was made in the 70s/80s. It could never feel from the same universe unless the directors intentionally film it the exact same way they did back then, which will never happen. Like Star Wars I-III for me the biggest issue is that everything feels way out of place because its too slick, too CGI, and its supposed to take place "before" Original Trilogy. Atleast the new Star Wars film coming up take place 30+ years later, so I can hope the technology in that Universe can reflect it better for what 30+ years would actually be in that Universe.

Can't live in the past, time to move on. Henry and MoS is moving on. Henry is now Superman and he makes just about as perfect Superman as you will ever find after what Reeve did. IMO. Henry was just awesome. Now lets hope they can make this Universe even better with BvS.

Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016€

Well its been said that the early script was written by Snyder, Chris Nolan and Goyer, then revised drastically and then Kurt Johnstad and Jonathan Nolan worked on some of it later. The first Script was very different than the final film, but the first script is what they pitched to WB and what Snyder signed on to make. Funny thing is the first script explained a lot of the destruction and aftermath that happened, and explains a lot of other things people expressed concerns with in the actual movie. Zod wasnt going to be killed. Jonathan Kent's death was caused by Faora. Jimmy Olsen was in it. General Lane was in it. Clark was already a reporter and got a job offer from the Daily Planet. Lex Luthor was going to be shown at the very end. etc etc.

If this is true, Synder or whoever, really ****ed up in the rewrite process.

Having Faora somehow kill Pa Kent and having a Lex teaser scene rather than the satellite "don't track me, I'm from Kansas, bro scene.

Two of the weaker parts in what I find to be an otherwise great start to the DC reboot. I love Cavill and I'm 100% supporting him being Supes for many years to come.

:gah:You know what, I just looked back at the old article I read last year, almost a year ago, and forget what I said. Those script changes were False reports.

Man!!! I fricking love the internet. I remember reading this like last year, and since i read it, they have a new update that the Script Re-write was Fan Fiction.

SO forget everything I just said....Sorry about that. Good thing I found that article again...

https://collider.com/man-of-steel-superman-early-script-details/

Im going to delete my posts, i hate when posting false rumors gets posted around. I suggest you guys delete your couple of responses to mine as well if you can...

:gah:

Give it up a-dev, the WB/DC/MOS/BvsS/JL train has departed and either you were on it or not. :lol

batfan is the LOCOmotive engineer. :lol

e5694be18d51dcd8ac5b2fd7733bd1ae13b359e2d0b3d5ee5289403420b7ffb8.jpg

I can't wait to see Affleck as the Bat. I also can't wait to see Eisenberg's Lex and Cavill back as Supes. There iis a lot of hate for this film. I'm a fan of the characters, I think this film will be great.

Here is a decent interview with Goyer about MoS. Its worth reading. He mentions about 75% of the original script is in MoS. This isnt in this article, but I think the biggest difference is that Zod was not to be killed, Nolan didn't want it, but Snyder had to convince him that it was the right thing to do. Thats not mentioned here, but I have heard that several times in Nolan interviews both in print and video from Nolan himself, im sure you all seen it too. So i know that was true. But this Goyer interview does say they did have Clark starting out as a reporter in the original, and Perry introduced him to Lois and everyone at the Planet. It was supposed to start out as a Flashback. Also the reporter Lois gave the Superman story to was supposed to be The Creeper villain from the comics, but DC wouldn't allow that character to be in the film.

https://blogs.indiewire.com/theplay...an-of-steel-early-draft-details-more-20130619

I can't wait to see Affleck as the Bat. I also can't wait to see Eisenberg's Lex and Cavill back as Supes. There iis a lot of hate for this film. I'm a fan of the characters, I think this film will be great.

Same. I think Affleck is going to be an awesome Batman. I thought Cavill was a great Superman. I'm intrigued to see how Eisenberg will play Lex and pretty much don't know what to expect from Gal Gadot :lol

Affleck as the Batman has me excited. I can't wait to see his take on Bruce. I am anxious to see the new costume. I hope those early rumors about it being based on the Batman:Noel costume prove to be false. That suit was hideous. I say they need to base it off the Arkham video game costumes or just adapt the new 52 look.

Same. I think Affleck is going to be an awesome Batman. I thought Cavill was a great Superman. I'm intrigued to see how Eisenberg will play Lex and pretty much don't know what to expect from Gal Gadot :lol

Affleck as the Batman has me excited. I can't wait to see his take on Bruce. I am anxious to see the new costume. I hope those early rumors about it being based on the Batman:Noel costume prove to be false. That suit was hideous. I say they need to base it off the Arkham video game costumes or just adapt the new 52 look.

Yes me to!!! Like ive mentioned, Ben looks like a Bruce Wayne IMO. The whole cast is really intriguing. I think Gal being practically an unknown is a great thing for her and the role of WW. Then we don't have any connections to her from other films. She will be Wonder Woman. I have no idea how they will make it all fit together, but I think its going to be a lot of fun :)

I hope those early rumors about it being based on the Batman:Noel costume prove to be false. That suit was hideous. I say they need to base it off the Arkham video game costumes or just adapt the new 52 look.

I like Bermejo's take on the New 52 suit.

Bermejo52.jpeg

Ick. The codpiece makes it look like he's wearing an Iron Diaper. I think the Earth One suit accomplished that better. My ideal suit, though, is the New 52 one; DC basically did the job for them. Armored? Check. Authentic to the Batman suits that came before? Check. It's all right in front of them.

I want to see an ACROBATIC Batman. I want to see the kind we see in the comics and animated series's . EMBRACE IT! I want to see Batman swinging from building to building with his zipline, I want to see him moving around like a stealthy ninja during fights. I'm tired of the stiff movement restricted by his costume...

So many fan films have done well with a Batman that is moveable, stealthy and ISN'T a guy in a bulletproof outfit who inspires fear because bullets don't hurt him. Superman is your powerhouse and heavy-hitter in this flick and Bat's ninja experience, stealthy moves and intelligence should represent a dynamic opposite to that approach.

If the Bats vs. Supes team does that approach, I will like this Batman. Because that has been a Batman I have been waiting to see on the silver screen.

Back