Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

They're going to tell the story they want to tell, and they've been ignoring the petitions of fans for the past twenty five years (if not, we probably wouldn't have had Keaton Batman).:lol
Bad example. Wasn't Michael Uslin - the man responsible for a serious Batman hitting the big screen, the ULTIMATE fanboy, that rallied for the masses? It took at least ten years for that movie to get green lit, from the time he started campaigning.

I'll just say to you what I told a friend when he said that "DC's track record isn't doing them any favors;" Man of Steel is a new start, but, with that in mind, I don't think one movie's much of a track record. The Zod thing, the angst of Clark Kent, I think it was something of a journey, and we kind of saw that at the end, where we see just how much of a toll killing took on him ( even if it was a genocidal maniac bent on killing every man, woman, and child on Earth), and we also saw him start to take on the Clark Kent identity that we've all grown so used to.
I still say they should've kept Brandon Routh, & just ironed the bugs out in the sequel to SR. They had a great Kal-El, & an already established Metropolis, world etc. Rebooting wasn't the answer necessarily..

My point is that even some of Marvel's entries have been weaker than others, and, just because this movie may not have been the Superman that you're used to, that doesn't mean that the potential for him to become that Superman is lost. They said his costume might have some alterations, who knows? He might even have a lighter shade of blue this time around.
Yeah, sure.

I'm not biased to any one comic house - there's good & bad on both sides of the fence, of course. I'm a fan of a lot of stuff though - & with that said, I'm more than willing to give this sequel the chance it deserves. With all the initial Affleck slagging, I was one of the folks who got behind him - & I'm not an Affleck fan per se. I thought he was EXCELLENT in Daredevil - regardless of the film's problems, so I immediately saw (as any genuinely objective person would) the potential he has for Batman.

Cavill's great - I like him. They need to recast Lois though, Adams doesn't capture her anywhere near enough for my money. More importantly than anything though this time, they need to establish a tone that feels right. I understand completely what they were going for; a young man, out of place, overwhelmed, blah blah blah - got it. They partly dealt with Kal's character fairly decently in that regard, but more was needed as far as them showing him embracing & controlling his abilities from boyhood to young adulthood. He'd had enough time by then to get that he wasn't 'normal'. It's almost like as the movie progresses, he's shocked that this other stuff like Zod & Co / his real dad / Krypton / the buried ship, exists.. even though he's clearly not from this world. :lol

Anyway.. I digress somewhat. I just 'hope' the next one distances itself enough from the 'Man Of Nolan' to get me back on side & cheering.

Last edited:

I liked Henry Cavill as Superman, I enjoyed the idea of the whole Alien invasion aspect to MOS

I just wish I was part of the group that enjoyed the film as a whole, I really do wish that. I'm not gonna bash the film or anything, if anything I'm envious of those who liked it because at least they're excited for the next film and for Batman/Superman, whereas unfortunately I'm not.

When I think of Iron Man (with it being the beginning of the MCU) I remember loving the film and Nick Fury's cameo and being super psyched about the potential of it all, but if Iron Man had been a film that I didn't enjoy very much at all then it may have set a precedent for me going forward

That being said, I'll still watch the films DC produce in this movie universe and hopefully I can get excitement over them? Who knows

I don't want Williams' score back anymore than I want Elfman's, and I love both. These are new films, new actors, new creative minds at work, give them their own identity. I hope Zimmer or whoever does the new Batman theme does not copy Elfman or Zimmer go their own route. I want to see the Clark I am more familiar with well. But I think that is most of the problem. Each of us is coming from a different point of reference. You want the Reeve version of Clark, I want the version from my comics or the Bruce Timm animated show. I hate the bumbling pathetic Clark that Reeve does. But it's your fav. This is way different from something like Star Wars where all of our points of reference on Han is from the same source. We all got the exact same portrayal to the character. With comic book films(especially the ones that have been made into films, tv show etc) we are all pulling from different sources. Even when we come from the comics we are pulling from 75 years of different people's takes on the character. That can't be easy.
Great post dude - well put.

It really does come down to one's own perspective most of the time, yeah.

My only hope for the MOS sequel is that I get to understand where Snyder and Goyer are going with the character. The first movie left over a lot of ramifications that I hope they address.

My only hope for the MOS sequel is that I get to understand where Snyder and Goyer are going with the character. The first movie left over a lot of ramifications that I hope they address.

The way they talk about it, it seems like a lot of the stuff they did in MoS was done with the express purpose of them addressing it in the sequel, I just hope they can put their money where their mouths are (literally).

Last edited:

I just want to see Batfleck and batfleckmobile. Just show it so I'd forget about this movie already! :lol

I'd like to see more reaction from the average person over the existence of aliens. MOS rushed through that because of the crisis.

Yeah I did find it weird that in MOS people find out that alien life exists, and it has been on Earth. Also our planet is being threatened by an Alien, and Clark walks into church and no one is there. That just struck me as odd.

Yeah I did find it weird that in MOS people find out that alien life exists, and it has been on Earth. Also our planet is being threatened by an Alien, and Clark walks into church and no one is there. That just struck me as odd.

There really hasn't been much global reaction to aliens in the Marvel films either by civilians. They all seem to go on with their daily lives.

But i said this in the Winter Soldier thread, don't over think it. Its just a movie. :lol

As long as a movie can keep it's own internal logic, I do not question it. The Marvel films, and MOS did that. Movies that drag me out and make me question what's happening are films like Star Trek Into Darkness. The movie cannot remain consistent within it's own universe.

It struck me as odd that he would go into a church at all. His even being there puts a question on the whole belief in God. I'll never understand why didn't he just go talk to Jor-el?

It struck me as odd that he would go into a church at all. His even being there puts a question on the whole belief in God. I'll never understand why didn't he just go talk to Jor-el?

He wanted to talk to a human about having faith and trust in humanity. Going to a church seems to be a good choice for that:dunno

He wanted to talk to a human about having faith and trust in humanity. Going to a church seems to be a good choice for that:dunno

Plus a Priest would not be able to tell on him. The Priest it can be assumed was still taking his vows very seriously. His being there says they still mean something. So I guess he wanted to talk to someone who would listen and give honest feedback. His mom wouldn't. Jor-El would be the logical choice, but in times of stress we all tend to fall back to the familiar. Church probably felt familiar.

Plus a Priest would not be able to tell on him. The Priest it can be assumed was still taking his vows very seriously. His being there says they still mean something. So I guess he wanted to talk to someone who would listen and give honest feedback. His mom wouldn't. Jor-El would be the logical choice, but in times of stress we all tend to fall back to the familiar. Church probably felt familiar.

Jor-el is also a scientist from krypton he doesn't really know anything about humanity on earth other than from a scientific point of view. Going to the church made perfect sense. It also showed people on earth still had faith and religion even after aliens arrived. Even if they just showed 1 priest. That was the point. That's all that was needed for the story. No need to show masses or anything.

But Jor-el would have told Clark how to handle Zod probably saving a lot of property damage. And also making the film a lot shorter. I say this because I'm watching it now on HBO.

But Jor-el would have told Clark how to handle Zod probably saving a lot of property damage. And also making the film a lot shorter. I say this because I'm watching it now on HBO.

Not to mention HISHE exploited that plot hole on their How Man of Steel Should Have Ended. If Cal went to him from the beginning, because it would be the logical thing to do, Jor would've told him and they would've skipped about a third of the movie and one less instance of saving Lois... Jeez why did she always put herself in trouble :lol

They should just drop this film and make a Standalone Superman 2 or a JLA film. To say "Superman vs Batman" is just a ploy to sell tickets. Its too fast for this to happen. And its an insult to Superman. I didn't like Man of Steel, it was basically a reboot of Superman 1 & 2. Now this idea, then introduce a bunch of new characters with no standalone films? Can't see this working, cast is bad, a lot of the roles were turned down, probably cause the script is garbage. DC is failing and they should be kicking Marvels ass.

They should just drop this film and make a Standalone Superman 2 or a JLA film. To say "Superman vs Batman" is just a ploy to sell tickets. Its too fast for this to happen. And its an insult to Superman. I didn't like Man of Steel, it was basically a reboot of Superman 1 & 2. Now this idea, then introduce a bunch of new characters with no standalone films? Can't see this working, cast is bad, a lot of the roles were turned down, probably cause the script is garbage. DC is failing and they should be kicking Marvels ass.

This post is so full of **** that my eyeballs reflected brown while reading it.

Back