Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost: I third this, the original Snyder trilogy as a new52-esque miniseries, I'm so over darkngritty but this is a great idea.

Instant thought was Jason Fabok as the artist.

43707aed11db980aef08da0c3cd9fe96.jpg

I bought Action #1000 Jason Fabok Variant. Amazing artist.

that studio pic of the three of them together- unreal and I'm sorry SO much more PRESENCE than any of the costumed MCU actors have...

I disagree.

I don't pick sides in the whole Marvel vs DC thing, but the only one in that pic that looks insanely iconic and perfect to me is Wonder Woman. Superman just looks like a buff guy in a shiny suit, and Batman just looks like Affleck in a puffy suit. I just couldn't buy Affleck as Batman OR Bruce Wayne....he just came off as 100% Ben Affleck to me.

The very first full shot, where he was brooding in front of the car, was the only time I really believed him as a Miller-esque Batman.

Just my opinion of course.

Marvel on the other hand? I don't see how Iron Man, Thor, or Cap or even Spidey could have possibly looked better than they did in the Marvel movies.

Even before the MCU marvel characters just looked amazing on screen. I know i'm gonna get flack for this but the last DC suit I liked was the batman begins suit. I think the affleck suit could be better. Like I say they keep diluting the colors and making them all dark so they don't pop and the result looks half ass and boring. WB always wants to be realistic with these guys and they ****ing aren't realistic. They inspired by greek gods execpt batman. They have crazy powers and abilities. Marvel knows that that and embraced these with open arms. Superman should represent the sun not have ****ing dark blue on his costume imo. Batman is ok but the gray and the ears look.... they look off. Wonder woman is fine but flash is being beaten by the tv version of himself. Come on now. The TV version looks better. I just can't with these people. They just suck. I wouldn't be suprised if they sold the rights to disney just cause they said "**** it"

Thor looks ****ing horrible in all his movie iterations.

I don't care for Snyderverse's designs anymore but the MCU ones aren't good either, they're DC CW-tier.

Superman looked good in Man of Steel, then they made him look like a balloon.

But MCU's strength isn't the visuals, it's their connected universe and their formula that like it or not (and I mostly don't) reaches its intended audience.

The only good MCU costumes (actual on-screen things, not just designs):

Iron Man' Mark III
THOR' Thor/King Loki
TFA' Hero Cap
The Avengers' regular Loki
TWS' stealth Cap/Winter Soldier/Falcon
GotG' Nebula
Civil War' Black Panther

I'd agree except replace Thor with Antman's Antman look, he looks so tokusatsu it's hard to not like it.

But Thor is just uuuuugh, I hate his looks so much that even adding a viking mullet to his gladiator costume in Ragnarok would make it 300% better for me.

Even before the MCU marvel characters just looked amazing on screen. I know i'm gonna get flack for this but the last DC suit I liked was the batman begins suit. I think the affleck suit could be better. Like I say they keep diluting the colors and making them all dark so they don't pop and the result looks half ass and boring. WB always wants to be realistic with these guys and they ****ing aren't realistic. They inspired by greek gods execpt batman. They have crazy powers and abilities. Marvel knows that that and embraced these with open arms. Superman should represent the sun not have ****ing dark blue on his costume imo. Batman is ok but the gray and the ears look.... they look off. Wonder woman is fine but flash is being beaten by the tv version of himself. Come on now. The TV version looks better. I just can't with these people. They just suck. I wouldn't be suprised if they sold the rights to disney just cause they said "**** it"

Why should Supermans colors represent the sun? His lineage didnt start on earth at the kent farrm it started on Krypton where there was no yellow sun and they chose for whatever reason the colours yellow,red and blue in their symbol and outfit. It's even in the Krypton tv show.

The suits and look of the movies is literally the best thing about the DCEU.

Overall it has the best look and aesthetic of any comic book movie made!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why should Supermans colors represent the sun? His lineage didnt start on earth at the kent farrm it started on Krypton where there was no yellow sun and they chose for whatever reason the colours yellow,red and blue in their symbol and outfit. It's even in the Krypton tv show.
I think he meant the character, Superman is an allegory for various sun gods, he literally turns gold at one point.

So in that same line, his costume should be bright.

I think, that's what he means, and I agree.

Not that it fits or ever fitted with this Snyderverse.

Marvel knows that that and embraced these with open arms.
I agree with mostly everything except this.

MCU costumes have the same amount of darnk&gritty and tacticool BS design as the Snyderverse and the Foxmen.

And their stories and characters have been severely watered down and changed for the general audience to appreciate (inb4 not everything in comics works in movies hurrr)

Antman's Antman look, he looks so tokusatsu it's hard to not like it.
His CW costume is def cool and one of the most hi-end looking in the entire MCU...
But I just don't care for it. None of his three costumes scream ANT-MAN.

But Thor is just uuuuugh, I hate his looks so much
I like the 2011 one.
Of course it looked better on paper, as always, but... at least it added a lot of on-screen presence to the actor.
And it actually felt fitting for the type of Asgard they did in that one movie.

BvS looks better every day to me......i love it. I am in the minority but don't give a s***

Ditto. My fave superhero flick of all time, right above STM and TDK. Love Battfleck and never had a problem with deconstructing Superman. Also love that we got a big-screen version of TDKR and Death of Supes.

My only regret is we won't see more of the Snyderverse.

Ditto. My fave superhero flick of all time, right above STM and TDK. Love Battfleck and never had a problem with deconstructing Superman. Also love that we got a big-screen version of TDKR and Death of Supes.

My only regret is we won't see more of the Snyderverse.

I agree- JL was poorly handled but I think whatever the reason Zack had to go- it wasn't panning out not for just the audiences but WB in general

I enjoyed BVS mostly no idea why it gets so much hate. It has its issues like all moves but overall its a solid movie. I understand why people would not love it but to hate it i don't get it.

I ran into this video at random and remembered the discussions on Marvel's cinematic costumes here:

Yeah, I mean I get the above reasoning for changing the comic look, but the fact that Captain America doesn't wear a mask is absurd.

Back