Premium Format Batman V Superman Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^My sentiments exactly, this really messes with my display plan. And I can't get that 1/2 P1 it's out of my price rage and too big. I hope they don't mess up Adam west and make home look like James Franco or something.

Last edited:
For me, this is the pic that has me hopeful I will be happy when this statue arrives. And if its truly a terrible likeness then I will return it to sideshow a little wiser. Its a lot of money, so I totally understand those who have cancelled this statue due to concerns over the likeness, but for me I'm just going to have to see it in hand before I make a final decision.

attachment.php

^^My sentiments exactly, this really messes with my display plan. And I can't get that 1/2 P1 it's out of my price rage and too big. I hope they don't mess up Adam west and make home look like James Franco or something.

I agree with your Adam West comments. I have plans for a Batman movie display and hope Adam West comes out to 90% of what the proto looks like. :pray:

Yikes, some pics up on FB

c43CjkB.jpg

WcT4w5Z.jpg
The problem of fb pics is that they put the phone damn too closed to the object that the center area got distorted (fisheye cam effect) and the mouth looked round and wider. The out-of-box video looked ok to me. Will wait for more pics.

For me, this is the pic that has me hopeful I will be happy when this statue arrives. And if its truly a terrible likeness then I will return it to sideshow a little wiser. Its a lot of money, so I totally understand those who have cancelled this statue due to concerns over the likeness, but for me I'm just going to have to see it in hand before I make a final decision.

attachment.php

This pic looks pretty good.

After much back and forth I think I've decided to cancel. The body looks really good but the face just isn't doing it for me like the prototype did. The face in the prototype cinched it for me and this isn't really what we've gotten. I'm going to sleep on it tonight to be sure but I think I'm at peace with my decision. Just comic/video game renditions for me from now on.

I will wait to see if I can get one cheaper done the line, and if not no big loss.

The problem of fb pics is that they put the phone damn too closed to the object that the center area got distorted (fisheye cam effect) and the mouth looked round and wider. The out-of-box video looked ok to me. Will wait for more pics.

Although I tend to agree that the lack of lens correction contributes to the spread of distorted pics, these pics in reference do not suffer from barrel distortion (as you mention, the fisheye cam effect). I ran full lens corrections on both of those pics (based on the metadata associated with the photos) and they did not change to any appreciable amount (in fact, I noticed zero change).

In my opinion, this remains an outstanding Batman statue. It is just not a great Affleck statue.

Although I tend to agree that the lack of lens correction contributes to the spread of distorted pics, these pics in reference do not suffer from barrel distortion (as you mention, the fisheye cam effect). I ran full lens corrections on both of those pics (based on the metadata associated with the photos) and they did not change to any appreciable amount (in fact, I noticed zero change).

In my opinion, this remains an outstanding Batman statue. It is just not a great Affleck statue.

Well said my friend. It's a great Batman piece not based on the movie.

attachment.php

Hell ...I'm just going to come out and say it ...especially after seeing this pic. This movie version Batman PF fits better with that Superman PF than the comic version Batman PF. Their size and height look perfectly match.

Hell ...I'm just going to come out and say it ...especially after seeing this pic. This movie version Batman PF fits better with that Superman PF than the comic version Batman PF. Their size and height look perfectly match.

Agree. Scale is much better.

Not Affleck AT ALL and the lousy beard paint ap is a joke- too bad as the body looks pretty darn great!

Back