Batman The Dark Knight Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not getting the hate on this one. I think the Bale likeness is very, very strong and it looks pretty great overall. Like the design they went with. The closeup shots are obviously warped so they look weird. Would like to see the cape though.

Looks great to me. Still don't know if I'm going to buy it yet though. I agree the eyes could have been done better though.

I'm looking forward to this one.. I have a nice display waiting, which includes this, SS Batman (grey/blk) and SS Joker life size busts. I'd love it if SS did a Keaton Batman and Jack Joker...:)

First in hand pics always look bad. i do agree the paint on the mouth area could've been better: a bit more tone in the lips instead of one flat color etc. But the likeness is still there IMO. Paint is always going to be a negative when it comes to a Sideshow piece unfortunately. It used to be fun to paint these things (all types of SS pieces) when they were cheaper but now with how much they cost, I don't enjoy it as much

100% agree.. I owned the HCG exclusive version w/sonar head.. it wasn't bad.. this just looks better.. but we will see once we get it in our hands. I can't wait to add this to the Joker and bats bust .... Congrats to those who are also getting this...

Gipetto.. you have to make room for this..:)

Would love to man but think I'm going to stick with the PF or Bats/Joker. Can't jump to 1:1 just yet :wink1:

Not crazy about it. For this price it should of had glass eyes (dumb that it doesn't). Pass for me, hopefully the PF is better. Or ill wait for Prime 1's..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the paint on the cowl looks very good. I actually think all the paint looks great except for the mouth area--kinda flat. Biggest thing for me are the eyes - - no glass makes it look far less life like. At the same time, if you can display this bust within a bit of shadow, I bet it looks great. Batman is not supposed to be illuminated by light anyway.

My Corgi has been suffering from some major health issues with cancer, and have had a lot of extra financial cost with him this month.. I just turned this into a 3 payment plan through the SSC website. Very stoked to get this but my canine pal comes first..:) Can't wait to see more in-hand pics and reviews Bats will comes in August for me..

My Corgi has been suffering from some major health issues with cancer, and have had a lot of extra financial cost with him this month.. I just turned this into a 3 payment plan through the SSC website. Very stoked to get this but my canine pal comes first..:) Can't wait to see more in-hand pics and reviews Bats will comes in August for me..

Sorry to hear about your dog... I love corgis and baby french bulldogs. :ohbfrank:

Good choice, at least you will still be able to do both, just a slight delay.

Sorry to hear about your dog... I love corgis and baby french bulldogs. :ohbfrank:

Good choice, at least you will still be able to do both, just a slight delay.

Thanks guys...appreciate it. He's doing pretty good now on Predizone we did do chemo with him (he's only 7). So far that gave him a year.. his symptoms recently returned and he's seems to holding his own.. he will most likely have between 2-4 months.. time for a lot of spoiling!

Thanks guys...appreciate it. He's doing pretty good now on Predizone we did do chemo with him (he's only 7). So far that gave him a year.. his symptoms recently returned and he's seems to holding his own.. he will most likely have between 2-4 months.. time for a lot of spoiling!

Sorry to hear and wishing all the best for him.

Sorry to hear and wishing all the best for him.

Thank you .. I appreciate it..:) Always hard to deal with but if your a pet/animal lover we know it comes with the territory that we must at some point say goodbye. On a funnier note.. I was never allowed to dress Moses in a doggie bat suit and bring him around when we were out trick-r-treating.. I wish I had...:)

Got mine today. REALLY happy with it. I have the HCG bust too (and no offense to the amazing work Bobby C did on the proto for that one), but I just felt this looked better and in person I believe it does. Even though there is more of the torso armor on the HCG bust, I like the overall design of this one (much more natural looking) and the base is cooler. Not to keep comparing the two, but the likeness on the Sideshow bust is MUCH better to me. Can't see anything wrong in that department. 100% Bale IMO. One place where I think HCG did a better job is the cape. Not that Sideshow's is bad, but it doesn't drape quite as well or feel as high quality as HCG's. Still looks good and has a nice suede-ish or velvety feel on the outside.

The paint is also really solid to me, with a much more accurate skin tone than HCG's and deeper blacks. Even though they're decals, the eyes are also well done, with nice detail and the right amount of sheen to them. The one place where I think the paint could be better is inside the eyelids (the caruncle or whatever that part of your eye is called). They should've gone with a more pinkish color instead of the darker red they went with. I guess they thought a darker color clashes less with the black around the eyes? Mine has a few minor scuff marks on the surface on the chest that you can see in certain light. It's not a huuuge deal and it was actually a bit worse on my HCG bust (guess it's hard not to get some marks on these matte black painted pieces). Not sure if I should contact Sideshow about it since I could potentially get a worse one and don't want to get rid of my low number (20 of 1000).

Anyways, again I'm really happy with this one overall. Hope you like the pics.

19324200172_822991f9df_c.jpg

19324194512_1335e8b150_c.jpg

18709596773_870478808a_c.jpg

19142586750_c4154058e3_c.jpg

19144079589_fef1f65a9d_c.jpg

18707716634_c6ed315d1f_c.jpg

18709622273_5fb92934cc_c.jpg

19142593750_827bc27861_c.jpg

18709591053_45fd14e327_c.jpg

19304102936_a0d5c897d8_c.jpg

19324189512_f893909b19_c.jpg

18707721044_7ce4b6ec31_c.jpg