Batman Movie Made Entirely With Super-Realistic Action Figures "HOT TOYS"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman Movie Made Entirely With Super-Realistic Action Figures "HOT TOYS"

Honestly, I'm not super crazy about this film. There is a big difference in quality of the animation from shot to shot. Some of it is really smooth and lifelike, but then some of it is incredibly choppy. I have to wonder how many of the actions and movements were actually timed out, versus just guessing. It's a far lower level of consistency and total quality than the video dino76m posted.

And the sudden inclusion of the Burton stuff just destroyed the momentum it had built up for me. It's an interesting film, but I'm just not feeling it.

Honestly, I'm not super crazy about this film. There is a big difference in quality of the animation from shot to shot. Some of it is really smooth and lifelike, but then some of it is incredibly choppy. I have to wonder how many of the actions and movements were actually timed out, versus just guessing. It's a far lower level of consistency and total quality than the video dino76m posted.

And the sudden inclusion of the Burton stuff just destroyed the momentum it had built up for me. It's an interesting film, but I'm just not feeling it.

:slap
You do know this is just for fun don't you?
It's not competing for any Oscars or anything like that right?
:lol

:slap
You do know this is just for fun don't you?
It's not competing for any Oscars or anything like that right?
:lol

If this were my project, even if just for fun, I wouldn't settle for "good enough." Not when spending this much time on the project, which was a LOT, I'm sure. It's probably my schooling coming into play here, but I feel about animation the same way a lot of people here apparently feel about their toys. If you're going to make the huge investment of time and resources, then do it well, and make it consistent. And as other videos have shown, even in this thread, fun doesn't need to mean choppy.

If this were my project, even if just for fun, I wouldn't settle for "good enough." Not when spending this much time on the project, which was a LOT, I'm sure. It's probably my schooling coming into play here, but I feel about animation the same way a lot of people here apparently feel about their toys. If you're going to make the huge investment of time and resources, then do it well, and make it consistent. And as other videos have shown, even in this thread, fun doesn't need to mean choppy.

There's a huge difference between "passionate" and OCD...
Do you know if these guys have done this before? Maybe it's their first project... Do everyone that does stop motion did it perfectly every time?
Don't be hard to pass judgement just because you "standards" are all high and mighty...
With that said... why don't you share your own stop-motion videos?...
:rolleyes2

There's a huge difference between "passionate" and OCD...
Do you know if these guys have done this before? Maybe it's their first project... Do everyone that does stop motion did it perfectly every time?
Don't be hard to pass judgement just because you "standards" are all high and mighty...
With that said... why don't you share your own stop-motion videos?...
:rolleyes2

Oh, believe me, I know I'm being a bit critical about it, potentially overly so. But I'm "passionate" about it. And given some of the really good animation in there (which I did say there was, btw), I doubt this is their first piece. It's just surprising that there's also a fair bit in there that's really not at the same level. I'm sorry if objectivity and fairness is offensive to you, but I have no problem pointing out the bad along with the good. And obviously they must have really cared about the film (which they would have had to to have spent as much time doing this as I know they did). It sounds like a lot of people liked it, but I guess I'm just not one of those people. :dunno

But I do find it very hard to take seriously the argument about having high and mighty "standards" for this, when half the posts on this board are about how Hot Toys has failed at making a figure because certain details are off. At the end of the day, it's all opinion, and we're all fans. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here to begin with.

And I would love to show off my work, if I hadn't immediately switched gears into graphic design and then marketing after college. But just because I don't practice it any more doesn't mean I lost the training I had. If you'd like to see some examples of the toy photography I've done utilizing those skills (both from animation and design), I'd be more than happy to show you and get feedback, whether you think it's great or a travesty to nature. :) An artist should never fear criticism. Otherwise, how will they develop and become better at what they do?

The vidoeo got stupid silly towards the end. Plus, how did Batman get shredded with bullets yet his cape is still fine?

Mildly entertaining, but almost felt like a HT commercial.

And I would love to show off my work, if I hadn't immediately switched gears into graphic design and then marketing after college. But just because I don't practice it any more doesn't mean I lost the training I had. If you'd like to see some examples of the toy photography I've done utilizing those skills (both from animation and design), I'd be more than happy to show you and get feedback, whether you think it's great or a travesty to nature. :) An artist should never fear criticism. Otherwise, how will they develop and become better at what they do?

:lol!!
That's the big difference right there... these guys are doing it, and you're NOT! :lol
Everyone is a critic nowadays...
:wave

The vidoeo got stupid silly towards the end. Plus, how did Batman get shredded with bullets yet his cape is still fine?

Mildly entertaining, but almost felt like a HT commercial.

:gah::slap

:lol!!
That's the big difference right there... these guys are doing it, and you're NOT! :lol
Everyone is a critic nowadays...
:wave
:gah::slap

LOL Yep, because no one is allowed an opinion unless they're actively in the same industry, I take it. So then I can assume that you've never had a positive or negative feeling about anything that you weren't directly involved in, ever? You must not have ever seen a movie you didn't like, or a book you didn't care for, or a song you found to be annoying, or a Hot Toys figure you thought wasn't up to par? Because after all, you can't have an opinion if you aren't doing it yourself? :slap

I wish i could watch this but my god damn ipad wont play it :(

These guys are not good animators. Just for fun or not they've got nothing on Patrick Boivin, who invented the Hot Toys animation genre.

[ame="https://youtu.be/Ywu1DeqXTg4"]https://youtu.be/Ywu1DeqXTg4[/ame]

Oh man... you guys really suck the fun out of the hobby... :gah:
For real!... I'm out... can't handle this level of none-sense... :wave

Sorry for not being specific. :eek:

Pretty damn good:)
Thanks for the updated vid;)
I personally think it's not the quality of the film it's the thought to do it in the first place that deserves credit.

Liked the bboy vid that was too cool:)
And the street fighter one that links from that also very good.

Bruce lee v iron man :)

I saw this one a while back using the rocky figures and I like it.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GciZgQkOL7Y&feature=my_favorites&list=FL1ISIhaSJPtyHfgX5fI9K7A[/ame]

Back